New England Seafood International

New England Seafood International Employee Reviews

Definitely a good place to work, especially after pay increase, looks like is only the way forward.Good management with bright future of the company grow.

Pros

Staff sale, pay

13 years of enjoyment amd success

Hi. I worked at New England Seafoods for 13years. I started at team leader for 5 years, than promoted to shift manager after covering as a shift manager for a few years. Was a shift manager for 5 years, then promoted to factory manager where is work in that position for 3 years. I had a lot of fun along then way made some good friends and worked with some good work colleagues. I enjoyed myself, in this company hard work and dedication is rewarded and they like to promote from within the business. I left in January to to study nutrition, health and fitness as this is my dream role but working at NESI helped me set up my life to be in a position to achieve this. For me it was a great place to work and I always had good manager to report too. They care about their imployees as well. Miss that place already but need to finish my studies to help people in health and fitness. ,

Pros

Bonus twice annually, 4 on 4 of shift pattern is great, holiday alowed is accrued with each year up from 20 to 25, Free coffee, over time offered sometimes if you want not compulsory, good communication, friendly staff

Cons

Shift hour are 12 hours .

Productiv place

Nice experience working whit them,serryous team workers and good quallity.from my experience is one of the good places to work,i used to work therre for 4 years and i have no problem.the best teamwork!

Pros

Lunch

productive/relaxed

As soon as you arrive to work there is always a job to do. Evreyone inside is just getting started and preparing themselves for the day and it is usually very quiet. Basic necessities need to be done such as printing scanning and filing while working.There is nothing to hard about this job it is just that you make sure you get things sorted before its too late.

Nice place to work

I did about two weeks work through an agency at New England and must say the staff were all very helpful and friendly. The work is easy enough and you're always busy which helps pass the time of day. Would certainly recommend.

Defrost Key Op Nights

Untill orders are in high demands you will be neccesary... When order drops your contract is a little piece of bussiness... Low skilled spervisors in defrost area...

Pros

Company benefite

Cons

Low skilled supervisors

Bad management, zero communication

The salary for night shift is bad, there are just a few people speaking english. To grow up in this factory you have to wait too long for getting assessments. The management is awful, too much pressure on people to finish jobs that are impossible to be done by this number of staff. Taking advantage of people in many cases.

It’s a very easy job no need experience or qualifications and English is not a must. Good to start a career in UK.

It was ok for me learned lots about food production good as a experience but I realised that this industry is not for me. Very good schedule 4days in and 4days off. Thank you for everything.

porductiv

Too much work for very little money that are not enough to live a normal life The working day is 12 hours but you have to go an hour early to find a parking space

New England seafood

This job is an eye opener as it showed me that not every factory is what others say it is. This job taught me that no matter what type of job it is, it’s a job at the end of the day and the pay in this job is worth it, the only downfall is the 6am starts but this company is very flexible.

from the second family to a nightmare

I worked for many years. Since it was a smaller company and we all loved working no matter how hard it was because we felt like a family. I grew up with the company. they give you so many opportunities and they use to care. Things changed when the company doubled, top management changed and everything was about numbers not people anymore. "Don't get emotional" they used to tell me. I hated that phrase.

Employed as a skilled knife hand, more often that not, used as a general dogsbody, not given the hours promised, not considered for a higher rate of play, despite being promised.

non productive and hard-to-work if u speak english

been working for over 4 years, teamleaders barely speak english and have zero training/knowledge to be in the posiotion, career is build on friends and family members not skills

Nice place

Nice place, mostly stupid people. To work there you pass some English tests. They start promising about career... I was so excited... I pass some trainings,but 2 months later I still haven't difference in my hourly rate. So I quit!

Productive workplace

New england seafood this very busy fresh fish factory where the working time is from 6am to finish.Very friendly and helpful staff and team. Hard workplace.

Hard working and a team player

Having worked in the food industry for many years i have gradually progressed to QA, no single day is the same, we have to be alert constantly and ensure our products reach our customers in its best condition ever, quality is a key part of our aim. i am willing to learn other jobs, excellent time keeper, ambitious.

A job for only certain types of people

I work there for four days in the factory very little training is given so most of it is figuring out on your own what todo you will be stuck in a wash room by yourself for 12 hours and get yelled at when the work isn’t completed to the standard. Very few people speak English so trying to understand people is very hard. Many employees cut corners when it comes to health and safety standards not all equipment is sanitised and is still left dirty majority of the time

Pros

Good wage

Cons

Long hours left on your own

My first week

I just wanted to say I have just finished my first week with NESI and I am very happy to say that all of the staff involved in my Training and the handover process were very helpful kind and friendly. I see myself having a very bright future with NESI

Pros

Compassionate

Line operator

Cold temperatures, wet, not recommended. You can speak in other languages [Romania, Polish ]but not everyone understand English language...very poor management. Very poor communication between employee...

Pros

Free tea

Cons

Everything.

Supportive culture with opportunities to progress

Having worked here for 8 months, I have found NESI to be an extremely progressive business. The business believes in respecting it's employees and offers many opportunities to progress, a large number of vacancies are filled internally. HR and Training teams are very supportive to ensure our employees are always able to confide in us regarding any issues in their personal or professional life. Humanistic and get the job done.

Pros

Friendly, respectful environment

Absolutely awful

Absolutely awful place to work especially if you’re a native English speaker and you don’t speak another language. The language barrier between 97% of the employeees is absolutely awful, health and safety is a real issue when it comes to this. I’ve seen workers pick up fish off the dirty floor and pack it for delivery, absolutely disgusting. The training for agency workers is awful too, you receive a half an hour training which then receive no guidance afterwards, you have team members but this is difficult when they don’t understand what you’re saying. Honestly just never work there.

Pros

Free hot drinks

Cons

Cold environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Seafood International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement