New Forest Care

New Forest Care Employee Reviews

There is always lots to do to keep you busy, friendly atmosphere. Nice staff, great kids. Management do anything they can to help, when it comes to working long shift which is sometimes needed.
New forest care has a very good ethos when it come to looking after children and prides itself or being able to deliver this whilst praising and supports its staff throughout.
Pros
Great team environment.
Cons
Shift pattern
I worked for NFC for 10 years, by no means an easy job but probably one of the most rewarding. You'll help a child/teenager progress, develop key life skills and provide a sense of normality. The company standby their policy of the Child comes first. If your looking for a role that will give you the feeling your actually making a difference then this really is the place to work, you won't get rich but the salaries are good and overtime is often available.
Pros
Hard but rewarding.
Cons
Very long hours but more days off.
22 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it's much appreciated.
I began working for New Forest Care 15 years ago, at the time it was a stop gap to gain some experience before joining the Police. 15 years later, I have no regrets in staying put. I have had the chance to work in many differenty roles both in Care and in Education and have been supported to re train and up skill on multiple occassions. The work can be demanding at times and I have found myself emotionally affected when the young person I have been working with is going through a tough time. However, the work is rewarding and knowing that you are making a positive impact on the young people is an incredibly motivating factor.
Pros
Supportive working environment
Cons
Can be tough to leave things at work when you leave
A typical day involves the teaching and assessing of Post 16 learners and the preparation of sessions as well as maintaining a careers service. As the need to adapt the way that teaching and learning takes place to suit the learners is of utmost importance the role can be a challenge but it's this that makes it interesting. Since I joined I have learnt to adapt my practices to include more pastoral aspects to suit the smaller class sizes and developed a wider range of skills that have led me to explore new areas of interest. The management team are very keen on the use of effective CPD and encourage training and education opportunities and respond very well to the suggestions for personal development. They are supportive and celebrate the achievements of the staffing team as well as understanding the challenges faced. New Forest Education has a very tight knit staff team that share good practice and have a very developed structure in place for communicating these best practices. Working in a split role can mean it is difficult to manage time effectively, especially when changes can occur rapidly that require attention but this does not detract from the sense of shared achievement when we see a learners progression through a task or onto a positive destination after they finish the year with us. That's really the best part of the role; knowing that what we do can make a very real difference to the life chances of someone and be a part of them achieving their best potential.
Pros
Good work life balance as the school holidays are not part of the working year.
Cons
The school day is, understandably and necessarily, a long day.
Should be rewarding work but unfortunately the main focus seems to be on profit and replacing the staff who turnover rapidly. The work can be rewarding at times but also stressful and at times dangerous due to insufficient staffing.
Pros
Positive relationships with the young people.
Cons
Culture of profit above people.
21 October 2020
Thank you for highlighting your experience at New Forest School, we would be interested to understand ways in which we can improve our working environment, if you would therefore like to discuss this further we would welcome you contacting our Head of Shared Services on our Head Office contact details.
Since joining New Forest Care in 2007, I have experienced several roles; from starting as a care worker to being supported to become a shift leader within my care base. I later transitioned to supporting the young people living within the community, before joining the education team and teaching IT as the company grew and the first school site was opened. Building on my IT knowledge and wanting to progress my career I was encouraged to transition again, this time into the IT department where I now manage IT for the company, I am also involved in the training team! As you can see from my experiences, NFC are incredibly supportive of their staff team. I have completed 2x level 3 diplomas (one in care and one in education), and am now being supported to achieve a degree. I cannot rate New Forest Care highly enough as an employer, staff at all levels have access to the founding directors, and everyone is working toward the benefit of the young people in our care. All of the care homes are lovely houses located within nice areas, they are decorated and maintained to a very high standard. New Forest Care despite its continued growth has retained its core commitment to putting the needs of the children first by making them the centre of decisions about their care and by providing a supportive and stable environment for them to reach their full potential.
Pros
Very supportive company, room for growth and lots of training opportunities
Cons
requires hard work, tenacity and commitment
New Forest Care is a really nice company to work for. It is clear they are committed and passionate about providing a safe and supportive environment for the young people in their care and are always striving to improve outcomes for them. There is a training team in-house and staff are supported in their professional development. It is rewarding to be part of the Head Office team supporting the care and education services and a friendly place to work.
Pros
Free parking, training
My day is full of variety! The staff around me are approachable, understanding and hold strong confidentiality values. Management ensure staff have some nice events going on at one of the sites at different times of the year, which is a great opportunity to relax and chat with people. There is also free parking!
Pros
Free parking! Nice offices and facilities.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day!
I worked for NFC for over a year and a half. I achieved a small promotion in that time. I only left as I got my dream job otherwise I would of stayed and progressed as much as I could. Since leaving I have dealt with a few care companies and seen the staffing ratios and how poor they are. I feel lucky to of had such a good experience.
22 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of New Forest Care.
When I first started at NFC it was great! I loved going to work and working all the overtime I could get. They really seemed to value their staff! Then they began to expand and they did it fast! Then all their employees just became numbers to them. Some of the management didn’t even know my name! Work life balance is shocking and the shifts are far too long without the right amount of time off between shifts! They expect far too much from they’re staff and they make promises of promotions that they don’t keep I wouldn’t recommend working for them!
7 May 2020
I am sorry to read that you do not feel we value each individual member of our staff team. We are continually reviewing what we do to ensure we provide our staff team with high quality support, so they feel equipped to provide our young people with the best care possible.All staff have a minimum of 1 supervision meeting a month, more if required, Team meetings are held every two weeks, and our Care Director holds an open forum each month for staff to raise issues, concerns or find out more information about what is happening in general. Our Home Managers and Operations Team have an open door policy and all of our staff have access to our Therapy Team.This said, we always welcome feedback on how we can improve, this should be directed to me - Head of Shared Services via our Head Office contact details.
6 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We take all feedback seriously and will address your concern.
I really enjoy working at New Forest Care, mainly due to the company’s ethos and values. New Forest Care is known for working with particularly challenging children that have experienced trauma throughout their lives. The approach used focusses on building attachments with the children and not “giving up” on them. I am passionate about the children I work with, so this is something that I love about the company. Having worked at one of the country’s largest care providers prior to joining NFC, the contrast is absolutely staggering. At NFC, children do not go without, are supported to achieve their best and really are at the centre of all decisions made. The care provided is bespoke to each child, there is no one size fits all at NFC, as all children are different and require individualised plans to achieve their personal best. Everything at NFC is so personalised and individualised, which is another thing that I absolutely love. The job can sometimes be challenging, however, this is due to the nature of my role. I chose this job for a reason, I love what I do and I wouldn’t change anything about it. I always focus on the positives, so although some days may be difficult, the positive experiences leave a far more significant and longer lasting impact. There is no better feeling than being able to support and watch a child learn, grow, progress and develop. The working hours can be long and the role can be demanding at times, which is not suited to some, however, I have no issues with this. I am very work orientated, therefore this suits me. There is a really friendly - more...
11 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, it's much appreciated!
NFC does not value employees. It has an extremely high turnover of staff due to their inability to retain good staff. It would appear some new starters are mislead into a false idea of the expectations and often leave within a year.
14 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We take your feedback seriously, and will address your concern.
I worked for new forest care for 6 months the teams are brilliant but managed poorly I hurt my back at work doing my job but the company have not paid me I would watch yourself if u choose to work for them as they are only after money and don't look after there employees glad to be out
Pros
Staff
Cons
Management long days
New Forest care are Committed to meeting the diverse needs of children who have come from failed placements. It can be a challenging job but the rewards are great. Great to be a part of building positive experiences for children who don’t get rejected. No other company can say that. Good training and development for staff and support from all levels of management is always available.
Pros
Training, development, commitment to children
Cons
Can be challenging- but it’s worth it.
A lovely place to work Staff are very friendly and welcoming. Everyday is different, not your typical 9 - 5 job! Great relationship with senior leader and great to have open door policy with Directors!
Pros
Team and job
Cons
Never a dull moment here! Always kept busy and great team to get you through the days! The hardest part can be the long days but usually is a breeze when your kept busy
Pros
Staff, team, pay
Cons
unsocial hours
Learning a lot here and only been here for 5 months so far, best move I have done coming to New forest care. The recruitment and onboarding process is great, you have a lot of contact with head office right up until your placed to a home. Plus you get to meet other new people during your induction. Would defiantly recommend others to work here
Pros
Progression and development support available
When I first began with New Forest Care I was very inpressed with their duty of care for both young people and staff, yet as they began to expand this reduced greatly and I found myself placed in a number of situation which could have been avoided and the support became less and less.
Pros
Meals
Cons
Lack of support
Terrible wages for the amount of suffering you have to endure. Have to take all overtime available to make ends meet. Company makes an absolute fortune but doesn't seem to invest any of it in company or employees. Been 4 years since I left so things may have improved
Pros
None?
Cons
Wages
There are lots of positive thinks but sometimes could be quite frustrated. I learned many thinks over there how can be more professional in my job - that was truly brilliant.
Pros
my mannager
Cons
salary
  1. Employee reviews