New Look
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

New Look Employee Reviews

Found 1,574 reviews matching the search
High amounts of favouritism towards some members of staff from management. Management not don’t treat staff fairly in my experience. Not much understanding towards work/life balance, always had issues with my availability due to sixth form/university. Good shifts when good managers are working. Made good life long friends Hard time from some customers. Not allowed to book any time off in December at all. Mixture of different shifts. In my store (bigger store) early shift 7-11, late shift 5-8/8:30pm, day shifts anytime in between. Normally 3-6 hour shifts so they don’t have to give you a break. High stress put on you to achieve KPIS
Pros
40% staff discount, sometimes goes up to 50%, 25% friends and family discount, good environment to make friends
Cons
Poor management, no time off in December, favouritism towards certain staff, high pressure to achieve KPIs
Normally a busy fast paced place to work with a variety of different roles however you can be stuck to doing the same thing day in day out depending on experience or expected to do more than your salary reflects
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
Low Salary
I went to my interview and didn’t get informed at all on the outcome of it. I had to email three times just to get ignored then I dropped a call to the store and was informed that I got the job and was to start immediately. I went into work expecting training on tills and never received any training. I was there for a duration of 6 months with no training and just picking up clothes from the floor and hanging them as well as stock take. I vocalised to the inexperienced managers how I felt and they were patronising and rude. Dreadful stafff. Dreadful management. Do not work there.
Pros
40 % off clothing
Cons
Dreadful management.
I have worked for the company for just over 7 years, staring as a sales team leader and quickly progressing to store manager. The company is amazing to work for for someone who wants progression. It cares about your mental health and well-being.
Pros
Progression Staff Discount Family feel
Cons
Work life balance
New looks contracts for sales reps are 4 hours a week, the money at the end of the month could barely pay for someone's car to be kept on the road, staff have unrealistic targets for KPI'S that need to be completed and the money targets for each day was unreachable which if they weren't complete staff hours would be dropped. Deliveries would be boxes on top of boxes and you had a 6 hours maximum to unbox, sort, hang and tag each item. The only good thing I personally got from working at New look were the friends I made.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Minimal hours
I enjoyed my time at new look. I began there part time and worked there during college, then as full time sales advisor, then as visual and supervisory roles.Working in a city there were multiple New Look stores and therefore opportunities to move around for more hours or different roles. As with all jobs some managers are better than others but there were some good ones in my time with the company. Staff discount was good, the stores had friendly and close knit teams and it was a worthwhile career experience.
Pros
Movement opportunities, staff discount
Cons
Usual retail hours
Fun and friendly environment to work in. Fast paced work routine. Always on the go with jobs to do. Customer focused and customer driven to achieve daily and weekly targets.
I worked here and it was the worst time of my life. I must of cried everyday going to work and coming home. Stressful, you do jobs that aren’t in your role, managers are lazy and look down on you. You have to reach targets, one of them being a store card that’s known to get people into debt; If you don’t meet these targets that are too much anyway you are shamed. Very much clicky and if you don’t fit in, you just don’t. Don’t try and have a life, because you’ll be in every weekend. Rota’d in days you said you couldn’t work and pretty much constantly feeling forced to do it. Wage isn’t worth the hassle. If you aren’t “in” with the managers expect all the worst shifts and shift patterns. Better shifts given to those they like or will do everything for them. The environment is very hostile between staff and you feel uncomfortable and question if you can do your job even though you know you can.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Bad hours, not the best wage, clicky
I’ve worked at New Look for a year and a half now. Had ups and downs but overall it’s a great place to work. The customers are usually extremely pleasant and the colleagues are even better.
Loved every minute all the people there are lovely and I’d happily go back if they asked me too. Hours were good and fit in well with my home life. Definitely recommend..
Worked for new look as supervisor then advancing to manager for nearly 5 years. Its very fast paced, challenging, forever changing retail environment. Payroll is tight, KPI's/targets etc as expected. The company in general is fantastic to their staff, pay isn't the best, fairly good perks. Don't expect a office, or standing around managing staff job, this is hands on, hard work, fast paced job, yet satisfying. Loved it..
Pros
Friendly, great company & devent perks
Cons
Last minute shift changes, pay & unorganised at times.
I didn’t start working at New Look until 4 months after my interview! It took them forever to get me enrolled. The staff were very unhelpful, did not want to engage and you were on your own most of the time. Felt like a school environment, the staff loved to stand around and gossip about everyone. Whenever I would arrive at work, they would change my shift and then send me home hours earlier! The job was very tedious and got shouted at if you didn’t do the correct thing. Wasn’t making any money and was waisting my time.
Cons
New Look was an amazing company to work for. My only issue was they didn't train their managers very well. Most of the skills you learn are on the job. Other than that they were great. The staff are really appreciated there and the discount was good.
Pros
Discount, People atmosphere, Love for the customers, Teamwork
Cons
Training
The management staff were welcoming and lovely, and it was an open environment where I felt like part of the team. The pay was good as a supervisor, and the work life balance was ideal.
Pros
40% discount, nice people
Cons
Long days and long opening hours
I worked at New Look for over a year and absolutely loved it, all my colleagues were very friendly lovely and management were understanding and kind (this made for good staff nights out). Unfortunately there wasn’t many hours available and I was only promised 4 hours a week in my contract so some months I wouldn’t even make enough to pay my rent which forced me into getting another job.If you’re a student or looking for a first job; New Look is the place. Short + long shifts available, sometimes there was night shifts available which I loved.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
Not many hours available
Why couldn’t New Look was my first job. I was working there even though I was at university the management was amazing very friendly and I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great team
Cons
All staff in their own cliques and will be very standoffish with any new staff and make them feel very unwanted. Management don’t really seem to care if you are struggling. Staff talked about you on the shop floor while you were in ear reach and made it very aware they didn’t like you.
Pros
Very good staff discount
Cons
Difficult team
This was my first employment after arriving to the UK in October 2014. I worked nights for 30 months then days for another 4. First, it took me 7 months to become a full-time employee and this period was pretty much challenging as I was trained only for picking and packing. After that, I recieved lots of trainings in many areas, such as returns, hanging to flat, all kinds of putaway and later on days, I got trained on many other tasks as a Stock Control Team Member. I've been knocked out with back pain so dayshift became my second run from the agency again, a year and a half after leaving nights. Keep in mind that the only option to get trained for several tasks is when you're contracted by the company, otherwise you stand no chance at all. So it's quite tireful to serve on the same department for a long time. There were years so busy during the Christmas period when full-time colleagues were paid triple rates on Dec 24th and 25th + double on overtimes between 26th and January 2nd. I really loved to attend triple-paid shifts as they generated over £300 from a single shot on my payslips. Since they cancelled these options in 2017, it's no longer possible to make it up to £2300 in January as these overtimes were paid next month after New Year's Eve. These days, it's really hard to achieve a full-time contract, I knew people who waited over a year to get their own. It's OK to work there when the business is booming, but don't expect miracles on long term, it's a deep lie to earn a contract after 12 weeks of probation.
Pros
Various traings for full-time staff to support other departments, easy money on some tasks, free hot and cold drinks
Cons
Terrible management, long hours, unpaid breaks, full-time LPF level 1 staff earns the same money as agency staff
I am currently a supervisor at New Look & I have thoroughly enjoyed my time. I have learnt from a range of managers from multiple stores. It is alot of learning whilst working & not actually being trained but it’s all part of the experience. Definitely a great company to work for.
Pros
40% staff discount. First look at new lines. Great Work/Personal life balance
Cons
Poor training programmes
Great staff discountIf you work in a big store the hours are very sctattered, early mornings and late shifts expected.Work over Christmas if a downfall
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working late shifts and weekends/holidays
Everything is very cloak & dagger - they don’t keep the staff informed! Could be a great place to work.Shame about the senior management - other staff are lovely.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Stressful
  1. Employee reviews