Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Trust

Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Trust Employee Reviews

friendly staff, but too many Jobs cuts for progression Well place close to metro stations and buses Pay was okay, could of been higher would recommend
No support for newly qualified nurses, did not receive an appraisal. Poor quality equipment which kept crashing - frustrating. Learned a lot on the job but received no guidance. Management and workplace has a backstabbing and bullying mentality. Litigation culture, shifts and lack of guidance were the hardest parts. Job dissatisfaction as lack of support mixed with temperamental equipment made me frustrated that I could not give the patients my best. Pay not good enough for the job role. Too much expected of nurses in one shift. Patients and some colleagues were nice. Too much paperwork and not enough bedside care.
Worked as security officer at Newcastle NHS trust for over two years.Management was extremely poor and had no interest in staff safety or wellbeing as security staff were regularly assaulted with no after support or backing from Management,so many issues were ignored and hidden by management to give the appearance of a better working environment to Senior Managers.it is no wonder why the NHS is in such a mess.
Fantastic environment to work. Staff Flourishing a cornerstone of the culture. A pride like no other is what you will experience. A second outstanding assessment by the CQC. It really is a great place to work and flourish
I had a great time during my apprenticeship at this trust. The staff were very warm and welcoming. I had a very good relationship with my managers, except for one. The manager i did not get along with was very unproffesional. He would ask you to do a task (easy or most of the time hard) then take all credit to whom jad tasked him the job. He was a bully.
High standard required to meet the NHS requirement. Good environment good leadership highly structured work more challenging work environment due to cost cutting
Pros
good employer
Cons
weekend hours
fast paced, good work colleagues, enjoyable job. it has been a large part of my life and i have enjoyed it in the most part. i have now completed 23+ years working for the NHS and feel i need new challenges in my life.
Pros
work colleagues
Cons
location, hours.
Varied workload, must be able to organise your own work, very responsible position. Always busy & on the go. Typing of out patient clinics & finished treatments.
Pros
Left to own device relating to your position
Cons
Long commute
Excellent trust to work for, professional, caring, lots of opportunities to progress and grow. Good customer care and lots of specialised services....
I've experienced the Trust as both Patient and Staff member. I feel strongly that the majority of individual staff members care deeply and try to give the best possible service. I have been proud to be part of a good and effective team over the years. However, the staff shortages, and pressure on the staff to deliver a service under very demanding situations, causes staff burn out. There is little provision for staff support in some areas, causing experienced staff to leave. Most staff have to clock in and out with their hand-print which can feel like a factory worker. Very little staff flexibility.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Trust?
In my time working for the Newcastle NHS Trust I was very happy. It was a good place to work. The team I worked within were very supportive and it was truly a job which brought me pride.
Pros
Excellent employer and good workplaces.
Cons
Travel was tricky.
The Newcastle NHS Foundation Trust is a productive, friendly, and pleasant enough employer to work for. The only drawbacks are the length of time it takes for me to get to work and back. The days become very long. my co-workers are fun, friendly and really pleasant to work with. I like to be able to help the patients and when you approach them with a friendly manner, they instantly recognise that you will try to help them in every way you can.
Pros
Travel discount, friendly colleagues
Cons
Long journey to and from work
I enjoyed working here.there was a good atmosphere on the ward and across all departments.I felt supported by ward manager and good support in general.
Excellent early career development within a multidisciplinary environment enhanced through education and training. Rewarding sense of purpose maintaining a hospital and supporting the clinical teams.
Dialysis unit quite oppressive. I also work for Durham Occupational Health Department, the environment is friendly and relaxed,
I find my job very rewarding as I love the patient contact but because of the nature of the department this can also be upsetting. A typical day is busy and demanding with a variety of tasks to be carried out from audio typing to telephone queries, making appointments and putting letters up. I have learned about cancer and the types of treatment available to patients. which i find very useful.
Pros
pension scheme.
Cons
Car parking
The team were largely left alone to complete tasks set. Instruction on requirements minimal. I Work with an excellent team, a fantastic team leader and a great project manager. Most colleagues are friendly, and helpful.The sense of achievement working within the NHS is clearly important, motivational and stimulating. I learned many peculiarities of the systems employed by the NHS and how the systems are structured.The hardest part of the job is learning who to contact for what as ther are so many people there.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
low pay