Newcross Healthcare Solutions

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

On high demand for shifts you can sometimes be left without a shift but nit very often. Show your willing to be negotiable and flexible and the staff will also work hqrd for you in return, showing no interest after the application process may leave you short on shifts.
Constant pressure to find new business in the middle of a pandemic - no care involved for a HealthCARE company. Management not approachable. STAY AWAY
Pros
Payday
Cons
Starting the working day
Excellent knew what you expect going to different companies to work for through Newcross and enjoyed every minute even though some places wasn't great to go to , to work. Only bad point is zero hour contracts so if no work being an agency or can be cancelled 24 hours before.
Pros
Really good hourly pay rate.
Cons
Zero hour contracts.
Keept canceling shifts and they're given to some one else. Bad management rude language if someone responds from the office. Pay rates very low and include holiday which means working for minimum wage.
I worked here for three years but because of lack of shifts. Had to leave. The staff tell lies about what work they have and you only get shifts if you are a favorite. It’s not a nice way to be treated when you do your best and work hard. The lies is the worst thing about the place. Pros-money is good when you get shifts. Avoid this agency!!
Pros
Money
Cons
No work
Newcross is a fantastic company to work for, I have the flexibility of picking shifts that suit me through their fantastic app, the pay is great for a healthcare assistant.I have been dealing with a family member being ill and cannot speak highly of the staff at Newcross for their support and understanding at this difficult time. There are continuous learning online which helps employees keep up to date with all the relevant training they need to complete their job.Any care home I have attended has clearly thought highly of Newcross in their efficient way that staff are booked for the shifts.Shifts can be cancelled last minute but this is explained before you accept the role.
Pros
Management support, training, pay, shifts to suit me
Newcross is a good company to work for. The management is outstanding and so many opportunities to train within the healthcare. I always felt I was supported by my management
Pros
Money!! no need to wait for payday
Cons
Non
Best company i've ever work for. Office staff very helpfull all the time, payments always on time, best managment ever. The best 4 years of my life. Best of the Best.
Newcross is good if you’re looking for flexible job. In liverpool where I work, they have loads of shifts especially if you drive. The pay is low without holiday pay
Pros
Free uniform, More shifts if you drive
Cons
Shifts are not certain, low pay without holiday pay
Lovely place to work.Management its great, ladies in the office are great, they make you feel appreciated, they will never make you to work a shift you don’t want and the phone apps are great.Recommend!
Pros
Cons
I dont have
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions?
The hourly rate and benefits are great when you actually get regular work but the work is unreliable. Communication is poor. Management is poor. I made myself available for full time nights 3-4 nights a week and rarely got more than 10 a month. Towards the end of my employment I was getting 2-3 shifts a month and had to leave due to lack of income.
Pros
Good hourly rate and benefits
Cons
Unreliable work. Poor management
Excellent company to work for full of support and help excellent opportunities with training and qualifications. Free uniform and ppe plenty of work opportunities and training programs day and nights shifts available extra hours and work available.
If your a carer or nurse like meee. You get placed in different care homes who require staff. You meet some wonderful people! Both staff and the people you support, if you like variation and freedom you will love this job. With a minimum yearly hour requirement (under 400, not sure exactly) you choose when and where you work. Shifts are usually 8-8/7-7 etc 12 hours usually, though they do have short shifts. The app is brilliant, this is where you can see shifts and put your availability. You also have the option to use flexi pay which is where you can withdraw up to 50% of your pay. A lot of your experience in the job varies depending where you are, simply because your not fixed to one place. You can have more reliable shifts by working consistently building bonds with homes, or group bookings when available. I think experience, adaptability and and professionalism are extremely important, as you do end up in lots of new situations every shift.Im young, and I travel a lot, this job has helped me gain some stability as when I return from wherever I go I always have a job, all I need to do is tell them I’m ready to work. I see mothers and fathers working stable hours too, the job works for everyone if you are willing to put in the work. No pushyness from staff to take shifts, and they care about you.
Pros
Mileage paid (I think everywhere does this), good hourly wage.
Cons
N/a
Very poorly managed , disregard staff and treat staff extremely poorly and don’t even bother to reply to concern emails. This company only cares about covering shifts to line its own pockets ! Absolute worse greed driven care company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, no respect for staff or clients
Horrible people to try and work for. They have their favourites, even canceling your shifts to give to other people. I worked for them on and off for over 1 year but didn`t get many shifts, they canceled more than I worked. They phoned me at the beginning of the pandemic asking what hours I could work, I explained that I work full time in care ( which they already knew) and that my employer had stated that that we could no longer work for agencies during the pandemic, for obvious reasons. I received my P45 in the post the same week. This explains what type of company they are. They will tell you that you get an app and you can choose your own shifts , this is not true as only companies you have worked for will show up on the app.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention!
Great place to work, massive choice of work .Management fab.Really on top of covid testing for staff.Introducedva new scheme for picking up late shifts at tge weekend called surge pay , it increases your pay be 30-40%
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Proud to work for Newcross, thank you for all the opportunities, top rate training too, management are very helpful, the app is very good, the job opportunities I have this year have been amazing
Pros
Good paying training
Cons
Started with them, only a few weeks ago, and i must say the onboarding has been tremendous. full support all the way, and training is easily accessible. Also it's easy to phone up and ask questions and get a response. I see some complaints on this review site, but nobody puts a gun to your head and says work for Newcross, even comments such as "they are all about the company" well of course they are silly, that's what makes a company successful. as Front line staff, we simply need to turn up to a job we have accepted and do what we said we can do when we applied for a job.. also people moaning about holiday pay included in the shift pay, really? we was told that in your contract before you signed it.. nobody seemed to be hiding anything,, the App can be a useful tool, and you can fill in your availability to work, the one little downside is when some jobs appear they get snapped up very quickly, and where i say have to contact my wife, about picking the kids up, and such, by the time that is achieved the shift has gone, however i have had a few phone calls offering shifts and only one where i had to turn it down due to last minute family commitments, but there was no hassle when i said i couldn't, it was just pointed out that i needed to update my availability. but Just over a week in and so far so good.
Pros
Flexibility, Comprehensive training, really nice office staff
Cons
Just the speed that the jobs get picked up on the App, that can be a bit of a lottery
Work-life balanceYou work at your covenient timeManagementGreat companyOverallI recommend. Great rate of pay. Incresed weekend pay. Very helpful team. It gives you good experience. I did not have any experience when i joined newcross,but now i am well experienced.
Competitive working environment, although not much shifts available in sheffield so if you don't drive, you'll struggle. Friendly and supportive staff and management team.
The way Newcross us set up and works using an app whereby you upload your availability this means the flexibility of the role ideally suits my life as a lone parent.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Don’t get to build friendships/regular colleagues