Newcross Healthcare Solutions
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom481 reviews

A great company to work for

Featured review

Newcross Healthcare Solutions selected this as a representative review
I have only been with Newcross for just over 4 weeks and by far one of the best companies I have worked for, they are so supportive and go out of their way to help. They are always at the end of the phone if you need anything. If you lose a shift they will go out of their way to try and get you another one. The office staff, especially the ones I have spoken to are very warm and friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. I would shout out to everyone to work for Newcross, they are the best.

Pros

Warm, kind and friendly staff, work/life balance great, Salary very good. Just a great company to work for.

Official response from Newcross Healthcare Solutions

13 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the lovely feedback! It's great to have you as part of the team.

Great agency

This is an excellent agency which has links with a number of organisations. You can choose your working hours, doing as much or as little as you are legally permitted to do.

Pros

Great app

Cons

Can be very long hours

Insights into Newcross Healthcare Solutions

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Good employer

This company is great to work for.. The rate of pay is excellent...and lots of choice in the variety of jobs that are available. Really can't fault them. Have been with the company for a few months now and really glad I joined the company. They are also willing to help if there are any concerns or problems.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

It's fun and a good place to work

My review so far newcross healthcare solutions is a good place to work and the office staff are friendly and well polite when talking to you.But one thing is about the shifts I think everyone is struggling to gets shifts because as soon as shifts drops down in 2 scounds is gone that makes it not to go round.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes

Excellent company to work for, good pay and hassle free management

days at work depends on where you get your shift at. Sometimes they are great and friendly places and sometimes they are toxic spaces, but Newcross as a company will support you through whatever experience you have.

Not reliable work

Unreliable work through Newcross, Canterbury Kent. Book shifts on the app to work then hours later or the next day its cancelled. Happens way too much, very weird

Cons

They cancel shifts for no reason after book to work

Good company

Good company to work for. App is a good idea makes finding work easy and you can pick what hours and days you work depending on your availability. It is flexible.

Pros

Milage paid

Well paid however hardly any shifts. It’s so hit and miss so it’s hard

Well paid and very well paid on bank holidays however hardly any shifts. It’s so hit and miss so it’s hard Sometimes there’s lots of shifts sometimes you can go 2 weeks with nothing. Sometimes you’ll be given shifts and they’re cancelled last minute which is very stressful. Weekends you’re paid extra

Team always there to help, fair wages&benefits

Been working for newcross for close to 3 months. So far ive thoroughly enjoyed working for newcross. You get to pick your own shifts, they pay for any travel you may need to do.Training is mainly online, if you're unsure about anything the team is always a phone call away to help. They've been great to deal with!Only negative I'd say is you have to save up if you want a holiday. Holiday pay is given alongside your weekly pay. You will not be paid if you book annual leave.

Choose your own hours

At newcross you supply your availability and pick up suitable shifts through the app, meaning you work hours that suit you. Also the pay is good and enhanced at weekends.

Pros

The pay is great

Cons

Not always shifts available/suitable

Easy to sign up

Easy to sign up and application was easy. Quick delivery of uniform and app was easy to set up.Only just started with them but so far all good.Would recommend.

Avoid this agency please

Worse agency I have ever worked with. Rude staff and management full of lies. They call me every time am not available to work ask for last minute shift even when I say am not available as I take care of my kids but still they don’t care and call again and again that’s the reason why I left them is not all about the money

Excellent company

Great company to work with, they also pay mileage and other expenses. Good rate too.but shift not always available. For those who live in North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough for example. Have to travel as far as york or Hull which is not worth it if you don't drive.

Pros

For support work, you can dress casual

Cons

Far distances

Great agency

Out of all the agencies in the chester area Newcross is the best to work for. Clients always comment that Newcross staff are by far the best trained and most professional which gives you pride in your job. Been here for 2/3 years now and enjoyed it. Office staff are supportive and pay is great.

Shifts are available but...

Everything is good when you have shift and there are no issues at the home or hospitals but if there happen to be, if you don't report first just forget it.

Great for a stop gap

Shifts are varied, long or short hours. No guarantee of hours. Lack of effective communication with office. App is a work in progress but at present not great.

Pros

Good pay for sector

Cons

Long travel

Great company

At first was great company to work for , plenty hours until they recruit more new staff and they were given priority for shifts . But was good to choose your hours very flexible to work round your kids/ school etc.Great training

Pros

Good pay rates

Cons

Not guaranteed hours

Good company to work for

I have had an overall good experience with Newcross. Management made me feel appreciated and I've felt valued at most homes where I've worked. It is better than my other care jobsSometimes there is a struggle to get shifts but I only work part time so I don't mind too much but it is something to be wary about.Booking agents often call and insist that you cover shifts that are 30+ miles away even though I have repeatedly told them I don't drive, I just don't pick up the phone anymore. Other shifts are picked up through the app, which can get laggy and is not very reliable. The company continues to put out updates but I'm not sure the app is getting better.

Great Work Place

I have been with Newcross for nealry 2 years - the whole time working here has been great. The direction in which the company is going is amazing. The opportuinites which the care staff have are 2nd to none. Pay is great, huge flexibility and full support from management.

Pros

Great Pay, Flexibility, Unlimited Free Training

Cons

Computer systems little slow.

A good Company to work for - cares about staff particularly, staff Development!

I worked for Newcross for nearly 4 years and I enjoyed working for them but had to travel long distances to/fro work and that was quite tiring after a night shift! Also, when I was working for Newcross, their pay wasn't that great (don't known about it now), but sure, they might have improved on that!Overall, Newcross is a nice Company to work for.

Fun and productive work place

Good agency to work with. They have a lot of jobs, specially if you like to work for complex care. They offer you many training online and web seminars us well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcross Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Newcross Healthcare Solutions with

• Newcross Healthcare Solutions
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?