Newcross Healthcare Solutions

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

Money is fairly good but once you take off weekly insurance costs and A/L it’s not hugely better than the NHS. The NHS has better weekend enhancements and conditions. They pretend to be caring but when you highlight issues surrounding safeguarding they do not get back to you; I can only assume they are all about the money which is truly sad. It really doesn’t matter if their clients neglect people. The staff in branch are nice enough. I am returning to a band 6 NHS post as the care in the private sector disgusts me and Newcross cash in on this big time.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Very flexible, you choose your own shifts from their app, only work when you want to work , based all around the country , you can even pick up a shift while on holiday , great staff, training is always kept up to date , overall a great company to work for
Worked 2.5 years and never any issues. Loved the variety of work available and office staff always available to discuss and concerns or issues. Plenty of work available before covid. Then a change to terms of policy resulted in me losing 1/3 of pay. No consultation and no notice given. Office staff then refused to discuss changes and basically didn’t care. Had to leave due to low pay wasn’t worth worth working. Company even went back on previous time sheets to reduce my pay.
Pros
Brilliant Clients
Cons
No consultation about reducing pay
Discrimination, humiliation, horrible management, mainly no hr to hear the true. Also manager put family to work without competance and humiliate immigrants.
Pros
Medium hour rate, better then some care agencies
Cons
No support if the management turn against you. No replies. Looks a kindergarten.
Sometimes there is work but I have had to go weeks without work or have had to drive well over a hour to get to jobs so not good if you need regular work
Cons
Long hours unreliable work
Great company to work to for would definitely reccomend for any care worker looking for a flexible working life. Management acknowledges staffs hard work and dedication, always going out there way to support staff.
Pros
Good rates of pay
Only care about the money they are getting from packages, they don't care about their staff and whether they get treated unfairly as long as their getting money they will throw you into anything and expect you to get on with it.They send you in places where rules about preventing Covid-19 infection are not respected AT ALL.
Cons
Dangerous as they don't seem to properly assess if Covid infections are prevented
Constant pressure to find new business in the middle of a pandemic - no care involved for a HealthCARE company. Management not approachable. STAY AWAY
Pros
Payday
Cons
Starting the working day
Excellent knew what you expect going to different companies to work for through Newcross and enjoyed every minute even though some places wasn't great to go to , to work. Only bad point is zero hour contracts so if no work being an agency or can be cancelled 24 hours before.
Pros
Really good hourly pay rate.
Cons
Zero hour contracts.
I worked here for three years but because of lack of shifts. Had to leave. The staff tell lies about what work they have and you only get shifts if you are a favorite. It’s not a nice way to be treated when you do your best and work hard. The lies is the worst thing about the place. Pros-money is good when you get shifts. Avoid this agency!!
Pros
Money
Cons
No work
Newcross is a fantastic company to work for, I have the flexibility of picking shifts that suit me through their fantastic app, the pay is great for a healthcare assistant.I have been dealing with a family member being ill and cannot speak highly of the staff at Newcross for their support and understanding at this difficult time. There are continuous learning online which helps employees keep up to date with all the relevant training they need to complete their job.Any care home I have attended has clearly thought highly of Newcross in their efficient way that staff are booked for the shifts.Shifts can be cancelled last minute but this is explained before you accept the role.
Pros
Management support, training, pay, shifts to suit me
Newcross is a good company to work for. The management is outstanding and so many opportunities to train within the healthcare. I always felt I was supported by my management
Pros
Money!! no need to wait for payday
Cons
Non
Best company i've ever work for. Office staff very helpfull all the time, payments always on time, best managment ever. The best 4 years of my life. Best of the Best.
Newcross is good if you’re looking for flexible job. In liverpool where I work, they have loads of shifts especially if you drive. The pay is low without holiday pay
Pros
Free uniform, More shifts if you drive
Cons
Shifts are not certain, low pay without holiday pay
Lovely place to work.Management its great, ladies in the office are great, they make you feel appreciated, they will never make you to work a shift you don’t want and the phone apps are great.Recommend!
Pros
Cons
I dont have
The hourly rate and benefits are great when you actually get regular work but the work is unreliable. Communication is poor. Management is poor. I made myself available for full time nights 3-4 nights a week and rarely got more than 10 a month. Towards the end of my employment I was getting 2-3 shifts a month and had to leave due to lack of income.
Pros
Good hourly rate and benefits
Cons
Unreliable work. Poor management
On high demand for shifts you can sometimes be left without a shift but nit very often. Show your willing to be negotiable and flexible and the staff will also work hqrd for you in return, showing no interest after the application process may leave you short on shifts.
Excellent company to work for full of support and help excellent opportunities with training and qualifications. Free uniform and ppe plenty of work opportunities and training programs day and nights shifts available extra hours and work available.
If your a carer or nurse like meee. You get placed in different care homes who require staff. You meet some wonderful people! Both staff and the people you support, if you like variation and freedom you will love this job. With a minimum yearly hour requirement (under 400, not sure exactly) you choose when and where you work. Shifts are usually 8-8/7-7 etc 12 hours usually, though they do have short shifts. The app is brilliant, this is where you can see shifts and put your availability. You also have the option to use flexi pay which is where you can withdraw up to 50% of your pay. A lot of your experience in the job varies depending where you are, simply because your not fixed to one place. You can have more reliable shifts by working consistently building bonds with homes, or group bookings when available. I think experience, adaptability and and professionalism are extremely important, as you do end up in lots of new situations every shift.Im young, and I travel a lot, this job has helped me gain some stability as when I return from wherever I go I always have a job, all I need to do is tell them I’m ready to work. I see mothers and fathers working stable hours too, the job works for everyone if you are willing to put in the work. No pushyness from staff to take shifts, and they care about you.
Pros
Mileage paid (I think everywhere does this), good hourly wage.
Cons
N/a
Very poorly managed , disregard staff and treat staff extremely poorly and don’t even bother to reply to concern emails. This company only cares about covering shifts to line its own pockets ! Absolute worse greed driven care company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, no respect for staff or clients
Horrible people to try and work for. They have their favourites, even canceling your shifts to give to other people. I worked for them on and off for over 1 year but didn`t get many shifts, they canceled more than I worked. They phoned me at the beginning of the pandemic asking what hours I could work, I explained that I work full time in care ( which they already knew) and that my employer had stated that that we could no longer work for agencies during the pandemic, for obvious reasons. I received my P45 in the post the same week. This explains what type of company they are. They will tell you that you get an app and you can choose your own shifts , this is not true as only companies you have worked for will show up on the app.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention!