Newcross Healthcare Solutions

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

On high demand for shifts you can sometimes be left without a shift but nit very often. Show your willing to be negotiable and flexible and the staff will also work hqrd for you in return, showing no interest after the application process may leave you short on shifts.
Not a bad place to work you can balance your life and work, however they don't give u enough hours sometimes, specially now with covid. Plus they started hiring staff and removed work from other older members of staff, which made them look for work somewhere else.
Pros
Good pay and usually on time.
Cons
Not enough hours for a full time job
Poor communication skills from management side. False promises of hours and shifts, I had 1 shift in 2 months!! Clear favouritism of staff, making it harder for new staff to progress and get shifts. Managers don't listen to you and expect you to travel ridiculous distances.
Pros
Lovely staff and clients.
Cons
Everything else.
I couldn't wish for a Better Health Agency to Work for..The Manager n crew at The Torquay Office went out off their way with Amy Problems I endured.Good Pay..Plenty of Shifts..Exellant Comunication..The Newcross App is Second to None for a Work App
Worked nearly 30 hours in a week over 3 weeks ago paid weekly yet still waiting for my pay. Details of the shifts and that they were accepted are on the app and should have been recorded and confirmed by the homes I worked at. Also advertised jobs in Canterbury and faversham but mainly jobs for ct10.
Ok it not enough shifts abailablestaff in office rudely benefits have to wait on app for shifts constantly waiting even though u have availability on no contract over 6 hr per wk
Flexible working hours are useful but did not suit me personally. The staff managing Newcross were friendly and professional. Up-to-date training was provided.
I have been working with the Truro Branch for nearly 2 years. Holiday pay is included with normal pay so it’s a little top up. They were very understanding and supportive when I had to take time off due to sickness and the whole office team are very kind and approchable. The manager is lovely too. Ive always has the opportunity to earn some really good money at Newcross. Flexible working. No plans on leaving anytime soon!
if your face fits your in , serious incidents brushed under the carpet , management not supportive , health force go is the app they use , you have to keep checking it constantly unless your one of the favourites, then you get the best jobs with the best rates , some members of the female staff are rude and demanding phoning you on shift when they*re not meant to its a compulsory rule ,i gave loads of availability got no work, oh yeh if you call off a shift your charged ÂŁ50 no matter what the circumstances are , their central office staff are judgemental and racist towards Scottish people , I did not have a good experience at this place,
Pros
Cons
very low rates make out they will pay more they dont
I've never worked for such an incredibly unorganized, unsupportive company. I was left doing care packages unattended with no shadowing, or the shadow would call in sick and no one would tell me. None of the management team communicate with eachother. I've still not been paid fully for the work I have done. Absolutely disgusting. Do not waste your time on this poor organization.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Underpaid, incredibly pushy, awful management. If I could create an agency you wouldn't want to work for, this would be the perfect case study. They lack any kind of empathy and seem to attract the worst kind of management staff. I cannot stress enough, do not work for this company!
Pros
Cons
Management, ownership, pay, hours offered
Very good company but not enough shifts. I have only one a month but they still recruting. I would like to do any tranings but I have no money for pay it
Care role, looking after lots of people, involved lots of travel and meeting many different new people, lots of different skills learnt and used whilst there
a pleasant work environment. On occasions I had been left without a shift, even when calling and giving plenty of notice of my available days to work.
Pros
choose when you work
Cons
not getting enough shifts as promised
Official response from Newcross Healthcare Solutions
23 May 2019
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate your feedback and will take your comments into consideration.
Newcross gave me the flexibility i wanted at a certain time to work the hours i wanted and chose which days i worked. I got to travel around to different types of homes and this gave me alot of expiernece on how to communicate and interact with different people. However what i didnt like is they call almost everyday and try and persuade/ guilt trip you into working hours or days or places you dont want to go. Newcross is a good place to work if you need the flexibility however the people in the bristol office i found to be very nice at first but then they become rude over the phone and they dont listen to your needs in the working enviornment.
Official response from Newcross Healthcare Solutions
1 May 2019
Thank you for leaving a balanced review. We value transparency and communication from our staff. I have brought this to Bristol's attention and think it would be constructive if you could touch base with them directly to discuss your needs. bristolstaff@newcrosshealthcare.com
No shifts for older staff !! but they still looking for new people to work ?? NewCross tell me how is it possible??? ??????????????????????????????????
Pros
Rate of paye
Cons
No shifts
EE is a great company to work for they have a great work ethnic and I would recomened. I'm only looking to leave due to childcare. fantastic place to work.
Very good company to work for...had no issues in the last year I've worked for them.would fully recommend. The one and only downside would be you have to post your time sheets or drop them by the office but thay are working on getting them scanned in the future.
Pros
Helpful staff.very good hourly rate.
Cons
Timesheets
Working for newcross I enjoyed my time working with them I stopped working for them for personal reasons and family I can recommend anybody to them .very good.
Pros
Depending on where you were sent you could get free lunch
Cons
You choose when you want to work
Worked as a Care Worker for Newcross, salary wasnt the best among the other Care Agencies but manageable. Quite a few strict rules to adhere to, however the app makes planning that much easier
I am currently working with Newcross healthcare solutions. The management is good and work hard to get you available shifts. The rate of pay is great too. No issues so far.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Longs hours and travelling