Newcross Healthcare Solutions

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Competitive working environment, although not much shifts available in sheffield so if you don't drive, you'll struggle. Friendly and supportive staff and management team.
Worked 2.5 years and never any issues. Loved the variety of work available and office staff always available to discuss and concerns or issues. Plenty of work available before covid. Then a change to terms of policy resulted in me losing 1/3 of pay. No consultation and no notice given. Office staff then refused to discuss changes and basically didn’t care. Had to leave due to low pay wasn’t worth worth working. Company even went back on previous time sheets to reduce my pay.
Pros
Brilliant Clients
Cons
No consultation about reducing pay
Sometimes there is work but I have had to go weeks without work or have had to drive well over a hour to get to jobs so not good if you need regular work
Cons
Long hours unreliable work
Newcross is a fantastic company to work for, I have the flexibility of picking shifts that suit me through their fantastic app, the pay is great for a healthcare assistant.I have been dealing with a family member being ill and cannot speak highly of the staff at Newcross for their support and understanding at this difficult time. There are continuous learning online which helps employees keep up to date with all the relevant training they need to complete their job.Any care home I have attended has clearly thought highly of Newcross in their efficient way that staff are booked for the shifts.Shifts can be cancelled last minute but this is explained before you accept the role.
Pros
Management support, training, pay, shifts to suit me
Best company i've ever work for. Office staff very helpfull all the time, payments always on time, best managment ever. The best 4 years of my life. Best of the Best.
Newcross is good if you’re looking for flexible job. In liverpool where I work, they have loads of shifts especially if you drive. The pay is low without holiday pay
Pros
Free uniform, More shifts if you drive
Cons
Shifts are not certain, low pay without holiday pay
If your a carer or nurse like meee. You get placed in different care homes who require staff. You meet some wonderful people! Both staff and the people you support, if you like variation and freedom you will love this job. With a minimum yearly hour requirement (under 400, not sure exactly) you choose when and where you work. Shifts are usually 8-8/7-7 etc 12 hours usually, though they do have short shifts. The app is brilliant, this is where you can see shifts and put your availability. You also have the option to use flexi pay which is where you can withdraw up to 50% of your pay. A lot of your experience in the job varies depending where you are, simply because your not fixed to one place. You can have more reliable shifts by working consistently building bonds with homes, or group bookings when available. I think experience, adaptability and and professionalism are extremely important, as you do end up in lots of new situations every shift.Im young, and I travel a lot, this job has helped me gain some stability as when I return from wherever I go I always have a job, all I need to do is tell them I’m ready to work. I see mothers and fathers working stable hours too, the job works for everyone if you are willing to put in the work. No pushyness from staff to take shifts, and they care about you.
Pros
Mileage paid (I think everywhere does this), good hourly wage.
Cons
N/a
Very poorly managed , disregard staff and treat staff extremely poorly and don’t even bother to reply to concern emails. This company only cares about covering shifts to line its own pockets ! Absolute worse greed driven care company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, no respect for staff or clients
Started with them, only a few weeks ago, and i must say the onboarding has been tremendous. full support all the way, and training is easily accessible. Also it's easy to phone up and ask questions and get a response. I see some complaints on this review site, but nobody puts a gun to your head and says work for Newcross, even comments such as "they are all about the company" well of course they are silly, that's what makes a company successful. as Front line staff, we simply need to turn up to a job we have accepted and do what we said we can do when we applied for a job.. also people moaning about holiday pay included in the shift pay, really? we was told that in your contract before you signed it.. nobody seemed to be hiding anything,, the App can be a useful tool, and you can fill in your availability to work, the one little downside is when some jobs appear they get snapped up very quickly, and where i say have to contact my wife, about picking the kids up, and such, by the time that is achieved the shift has gone, however i have had a few phone calls offering shifts and only one where i had to turn it down due to last minute family commitments, but there was no hassle when i said i couldn't, it was just pointed out that i needed to update my availability. but Just over a week in and so far so good.
Pros
Flexibility, Comprehensive training, really nice office staff
Cons
Just the speed that the jobs get picked up on the App, that can be a bit of a lottery
Work-life balanceYou work at your covenient timeManagementGreat companyOverallI recommend. Great rate of pay. Incresed weekend pay. Very helpful team. It gives you good experience. I did not have any experience when i joined newcross,but now i am well experienced.
The way Newcross us set up and works using an app whereby you upload your availability this means the flexibility of the role ideally suits my life as a lone parent.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Don’t get to build friendships/regular colleagues
Nearly 4 years with thus agency. At two years I became pregnant with hyperemesis gravidarum - rang in sick they literally made me go to work anyway. The next day I rang in and they let me have the "day off" but took 50% of my wages. Why I stayed I don't know. When they found out I was pregnant then they apparently had a "duty of care" to me. Now 3 years and 8 months later they cancelled my shift booked me back in and expect me to go back. In this shift the client has not worked very well with me. The residents really aggressive and verbally abusive. Guess its all about the business Newcross!!!
Cons
No contract. Manliputive managers. Pressure work. Verbal abuse
Hard to get shifts as on app and goes to everyone so have to be quick to accept job you get to experience different settings nursing care homes hospitals and get to work other areas.
Pros
Work when want
Cons
Hard to get shifts
23 July 2020
Expanding complex care side for past 5 months and they’ve tried to ensure all Carers get some work so shared as much as possible. Complex Care Associate in Norwich office is fabulous. Best support and caring I’ve ever received from a company. The office are brilliant with the care staff and let them know of possible care packages if they want to express an interest. They answer questions promptly and reply to emails quickly. The pay rate is above average care pay and the only downside to this is your holiday pay is included with your weekly wage payment instead of accumulating and there is no sick pay or benefits to cover wages if there is no work available
Pros
Office staff phenomenally supportive and pay is above average
Cons
No sick pay and holiday pay is paid weekly with wages
23 July 2020
Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback. We're glad to have you as part of our talented team. We wish you a long and happy career with us at Newcross.
the work culture is good management collaborative, supportive lots of online learning opportunities cons they do not offer the opportunity for SVQ learning/training
23 July 2020
Thank you for your fantastic feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your time with us and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work, especially at this time! We wish you a long and fulfilling career with us at Newcross.
Personally I would say if anyone what to remain as agency worker should choose this comapany. And my advice to them is to review and seperate mileage from basic wage on weekly bases
Pros
Good mangement responds to issues
Cons
Milage calculation method
23 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your Newcross experience. We really appreciate it and are happy you're a part of our talented team.We wish you a long and happy career with us at Newcross.
Supportive and friendly managment, provide high standard of training, clinical supervision so staff can deliver high quality of care. Flexible work, great for my life stile.
23 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your Newcross experience. Wishing you a long and happy career with us at Newcross.
Love working for newcross, especially the Bath team. They are always at the end of the phone, they offer great on line training. Great place to work if you need to find that work life balance.
No one knows what they are doing! The office is not organised and with ltd staff, very unprofessional. Hours are very few and far between and there is no consistency! Some months I'd be on No hours at all!
12 May 2020
I'm sorry your experience of Newcross doesn't measure up to that of others across our organisation. We'd like to investigate this further. Would you please outline your issues in detail and we can try and resolve any problems you're having? Please get in touch at communications@newcrosshealthcare.com
working when you want. choosing own places to work. good management. very helpful. good help line even during the night. good rate. fully recommended.
12 May 2020
Thank you for reaching out. We're happy to hear our ethos of flexible working suits you and that you're enjoying your time with us. We hope to work alongside you for many years to come.
From day one the office staff have been nothing but supportive and helpful. Just call them if you have any questions and they do whatever they can to help. If you are off work poorly they only call you to check you are ok, not to harass about work. Never had any issues, lovely staff always on the other end of the phone or in office if you want to pop in for a chat whether its work related or personal.
12 May 2020
We're so glad to hear you feel supported in your role. We're happy to have you as part of our talented team. We wish you a long and fulfilling career with us at Newcross!