Newcross Healthcare Solutions

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews for Home Care Aide

I worked with them1 for 4 years never had any major issues while working for them. So me people struggle to find shift however I never really experienced this the flexibility suit my home life.
Incredibly rude !My dad was taken ill into hospital and I was unable to work.Despite me informing them of the situation on several occasions they refused to acknowledge that this has been done or to show any empathy to the fact that my dad was ill in hospital with stage 4 cancer and mobility issues, without any support.They forced me to resign ... ...I have to say I am pleased
Cons
The beauty of working for Newcross is the ability to work flexibly in the types of settings that you would choose for your own family! Newcross supports your current skills while providing opportunities to develop and train further in the areas of your own specialism. Despite the difficult situation we are currently in, Newcross are proactive in ensuring guidance. supportdssafetysafetyadvic
12 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we really appreciate hearing from our employees. We're glad to hear you're enjoying our culture of flexibility and career development! We wish you a long and happy career with us at Newcross.
Worked almost 14 years with Newcross, with a six month break 3years ago. Used to be a very supportive and friendly team. This is no longer the case, do not give people credit for good practice and very unsupportive when things go wrong, It s a very face fit culture, also ageist, they are not keen on older workers
12 May 2020
We're extremely sorry to hear your career with us ended in a less positive way compared to the rest of the time you spent with us. We take this very seriously as we very much value our staff - especially our long serving members. Could you get in touch so we can try and resolve your issues? Please outline your experience in more detail in an email to communications@newcrosshealthcare.com
Well managed, amazing employer- I’ve been working at Shrewsbury branch for the last two Years. Got plenty of hours, easy timetable management through mobile app. Superb payroll. Thanks
3 March 2020
Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We've worked hard on our app to ensure our employees have a great experience working for Newcross. We wish you a long and happy career with us!
I'm very new to newcross, so it may be like this for everyone. I got told at my interview/induction that I would be a senior HCA (I'm a student nurse). I also got told it would be weekly pay. So far the only shifts that are popping up are shifts that I previously worked with another agency. I'm not receiving the hourly rate that was specified as they have an in house senior carer. This makes me feel quite irritated and frustrated when I have someone whose supposed to be a senior, tell me what to do, when they're brand spanking new to the profession! I also got told it would be weekly pay. I worked fri/sat/sun/Mon and come Wednesday (pay day) I didn't get paid! So I spoke to newcross and they basically said I would get paid on the 18th Sept. The hours I worked were from the 30th Aug! Now, I'm not great at maths, but surely that's over a week. Flexipay is okay in this instance, except the £2 Admin fee you have to pay in order to withdraw your hard earned cash... Then once payday eventually comes around (still not been paid) then you will have next to nothing because you have had to borrow it off yourself in order to live whilst they fanny about with your wages! As I said, I've not been here very long. If things don't improve drastically I will be off! Not worth the travel, long shifts. Poor communication, role change unexpectedly (which of course lowers your wage).
Pros
Hard to say currently
Cons
Demoted interpersonally, poor wage, lack of communication, no idea how the pay scale works or when pay day is.
I very much enjoyed my time working for this company. I was able to work in a great variety of homes and enhanced and learnt more skill's. I had a very good back up from the manager. Alas a new app came into force and i was unable to get many shift's. Confusion about if i was working or not ended up with me either missing a shift or not turning up. I reluctantly resigned from the company , in hindsight maybe going into the office and discussing my issue's would have been best. Nothing bad to say about my time with this company.
Pros
Very good manager.
Cons
New app meant not getting shift's.
23 May 2019
We're sorry to hear your experience with our app, HealthForceGo, wasn't a positive one. Would you be willing to get back in touch? We'd be more than happy to set up a meeting with your branch manager to sit down and discuss any issues you had with the app.
Was looking for an agency to join for flexibility around studying, a close friend suggested Newcross however this was the worst decision I have ever made. I joined in april with the idea in mind to do 2-3 nights a week in Learning Disability homes which at first newcross seemed fine with, although later through my employment they expected me to work days, nights, weekends every hour which suited them really. Shifts would only be offered to me that were in hospitals, schools, nursing homes, every establishment that I had no previous experience in which if I had taken these shifts would put patients at risk.When raising this to newcross, they told me 'think of the money' and 'you need to do these shifts as we need to keep the client happy' which summed newcross up really, more concerned with keeping clients than caring about the staff. After completing a night shift, I would go home to sleep in the morning which newcross were aware of, I asked on several occasions for newcross not to call me during these hours, however they would ignore this and continue to ring me and when I didn't answer they would leave me horrible threatening voicemail messages, on one occasion swearing at me. Another thing newcross like to do is fine you £50 for late cancellation of a shift, one time I crashed my car on the way to a shift, sustaining injuries to my spine, I rang newcross to tell them I wouldn't be able to attend, instead going to hospital. They laughed on the phone then told me 'thankyou for loosing us a client' and went onto to charge me £50. I was disgusted. The whole recruitment - more...
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No compassion, bad management, £50 fine
I loved everything about being employed by a nursing agency. I was offered a huge amount of work throughout my 11 years with them. My preference was always night work. I found night duties gave me more time to spend with each client. I enjoyed mental health establishments and cottage hospital work.
Good place to work if you have other commitments or need just a couple of hours here and there. If you are going to go into agency work make sure you have a driving licence so that it is easier for you go get to different clients.
I have to say working for Newcross is brilliant and flexible.Staff and management have been great,very helpful.Great Company to work for and choosing your hours to fit around family life is ideal.Met and cared for some wonderful people
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Newcross are a perfect company to work for if looking for flexibility. Unfortunately shifts are not always within a suitable distance, but this is mainly down to my inability to drive (not the lack of shifts being offered). I would definitely recommend people to work for Newcross, and the pay is pretty good too
Pros
Friendly Staff
I'm a current member of new cross , I have found them not very supportive when your ill or some other issue arises , office staff can be very abrupt and rude at times. on call staff seem to be not very understanding and can choose when they want to give you work . All the want is to jump when they say so and you don't ask how high you just do it , if you don't then you get zero shifts
Pros
Can pick your days you want to work
Cons
Not much work available
If your caring and flexible, then yeah work for Newcross. My only issue is you get paid the following week e.g. Three shifts I've worked this week won't get paid till next week.
Pros
Chose hours you wish to work
Cons
Not always shifts available
Friendly place to work and a great 24hr support network. Many different areas of work across the north east to work in from learning disabilities to elderly care.
Management are not supportive. They tell you everything you want to hear at the interview. Then get stuck at the same jobs. Get fined regularly for no reason. Can't get hold of the manager when you need her but when they want to speak to you its a different story
Great company to work for, great flexibility and good pay rates. Team are really friendly and understanding. Worked as a HCA for more than 2 years across a few different locations and would definitely recommend to anyone looking to join.
Pros
Flexibility of hours, great pay
Cons
They treat you like dirt , and they will tell you ' It's bussines'.That 13 £ it s only on a Sunday from 8 pm to 12 pm. You will have weeks with only 1 shift , Lots of 12 hours nursing homes clients with a lot of agency staff.
Pros
Going in multiple places
Cons
90% short notice shifts 1-10 hours
I would never recommend Newcross to anyone. I was out working from 7am until 10pm each day although there was ample breaks. I was scheduled on for 10 days in a row without a proper day off. Some of my colleagues were the same. 10 days in a row is far to much for anyone without a day off is so wrong. Where is the duty of care to the clients because when staff are so tired are they able to easily make mistakes. Also where is the duty of care to staff.... there isn't any. I also find it appalling that Newcross fine you £50 if you are un-able to do your shift due to sickness or any other reason. I understand that some people may just cancel some shifts for the sake of it but what about the staff that are genuinely ill..... this is a disgrace!! Never i a million years would I go back.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Fined £50 for being ill
Very rude staff, constant harassment and overall a very bad experience working for newcross! I got at least 10 missed calls from them every day, plus numerous text messages and voicemails, when i was told you could do it all through the app so minimal communication needed. Had an absolute nightmare getting a uniform, and whenever i spoke to a member of staff they were so rude and would hang up on me. When i spoke to my manager to ask to leave she was very rude and abrupt, did not seem to care about the problems i have had with the company! My advise is dont do it!! Its great pay yes, but only on weekends and not worth the hassel!!!!! NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!
Pros
Good pay on weekends
Cons
Everything else!
Same old same old. People making decisions who are not fit to do so. Favouritism, etc
Pros
Cons
lots