Newcross Healthcare Solutions
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Worked for the company for a short spell and wouldn't work here again. I the ethos is patient/client focused from a clinical perspective and you do need to jump through hoops to register. However I found the branch manager to be a bit difficult. She was abrasive and if you declined a shift you may not be offered another one. Also, when I joined, I was given the impression that there was work locally and I wouldn't have to travel - Def not the case. HCAs in particular get a rough deal I believe - have to pay for DBS check at interview as well as uniform approx ÂŁ80 before you work. You also have to attend a full induction day that you done get paid for and watch DVDs. I didn't get offered a drink when I was there for over 5hrs. I wouldn't recommend this company to my friends. There are better company's out there to work for on a temp basis that are also National.
Pros
Free uniforms BUT only for registered nurses
Cons
Branch manager not very nice, shifts quite far away, homes worked in usually poor CQC ratings, induction not paid, ridiculous interview process
The hourly rate and benefits are great when you actually get regular work but the work is unreliable. Communication is poor. Management is poor. I made myself available for full time nights 3-4 nights a week and rarely got more than 10 a month. Towards the end of my employment I was getting 2-3 shifts a month and had to leave due to lack of income.
Pros
Good hourly rate and benefits
Cons
Unreliable work. Poor management
Proud to work for Newcross, thank you for all the opportunities, top rate training too, management are very helpful, the app is very good, the job opportunities I have this year have been amazing
Pros
Good paying training
Cons
I have only been with the company for a few months but am so glad i changed my employer. Shifts have been easy to pick up, the team are very supportive and friendly. The training and induction process was easy to follow and informative. Very happy to work here :)
21 September 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're so pleased to hear you're enjoying your time with us at Newcross. We wish you a long and fulfilling career with us.
varied work in varity of places,supportive management, helpful admin staff, cpd learning opportunities, flexible working pattern, quick payments for working, useful phone app
Cons
hours varible
23 July 2020
Thank you very much for your fantastic review. We're glad to have you as part of our talented team! Wishing you a long and happy career with us at Newcross.
New cross are a very professional company. They always had plenty of shifts available to fit around my home life. They also had plenty of training courses available regularly throughout the year.
Very supportive and they really care about their staff. Good learning tools and regular in house training. They are always on the other end of the phone if you need them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not always shifts
Good manager in Aberdeen, collaborative and always accessible and helpful. Proactive and complimentary of his staff. Good working relationships with clients ensured that we always had assignments.
At newcross you are part if a team that you can be proud of. They ensure all staff are highly trained and keep up to date with new policies and procedures. Newcross support staff when falling on difficult times, giving guidance and support. I cannot recommend this agency highly enough. Apply and join us.
12 May 2020
Thank you very much for your kind feedback, we really appreciate hearing from our staff. We wish you a long and fulfilling career with us at Newcross.
I enjoy the flexibility that working for an agency newcross are among some of the best care staff I have worked with. The flexi pay is a fantastic way to prevent the payday lenders getting hold of people’s money
I worked for them as HCA until i got registered as a nurse. After fulfilling my 6 months mandatory experience i wanted to join them as a nurse. After countless phone interviews, after almost 3 months in which recruitment and clinical team couldn't tell their heads from their behinds, after giving all info and providing everything, my application was rejected. They lack organisation, communication between departmens, communication skills, lack of equal opportunities and most of all loyalty to their own staff. To be honest rates of pay as RGN given by newcross you can get in a permanent position ..so ..not impressed. It was a complete waste of time and i wouldn't recommend it. I do have to admit that staff in Ashford branch went above and beyond to support but head office cut them down.
Pros
Branch staff
Cons
Everything else
hardly any hours to go around , lots of favouritism in branch , staff morale low as constantly having to ring to see if there is any work. they advertise constantly for new staff but treat their old staff with disrespect . as an rgn , the pay was the only good thing , the negatives far out way the positives ! fined ÂŁ50 if you are off sick without 24 hours notice , branch managers rude .
Pros
pay
Cons
lots !
Worked for Newcross healthcare for more than two years. They will suck your joy and make you miserable at every opportunity. Plus, they take 50 pounds from your wage if you are sick and can´t attend? Avoid this company.
Most of the employees in the offices are frustrated and lack communication skills. Quite rude and very aggressive with the shifts. Work is poor and far from where everyone lives. They keep on employing loads of people and they treat the current ones like sack of potatoes... Sadly, this is the truth. The pay might be better compared to other agencies, but the way most of them treat their RGNs and HCAs is awful.
Pros
Maybe the pay, but even that is not the greatest ever.
Cons
Not too many shifts, rude office staff, no understanding, long distances to shifts, etc.
Work is less available locally, there is no branch manager or in house training offered in my branch now, which means we must travel 25 or 40 miles to attend training at other branches.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor communication, not enough shifts at times
The company is well organised and supportive to it's staff. I am often assigned shifts to establishments where I have not worked before, which could be daunting if I were fully prepared and competent. Training given by the company is excellent. The hardest aspect of the job is to quickly absorb and understand the working practices of a given establishment. The most enjoyable part of the job is to successfully slot into a nursing team and be effective with my duties. The company recognises it's staff's hard work and rewards them accordingly.
Pros
General benefits
Cons
No cons.
Great rates of pay per weekend days , not really bad pay rate for weekdays neither ( could be better) . Great staff on branch, welcoming and friendly. Thanks for your help until now.
Pros
Great pay rate for weekends
Cons
Week days pay rate.
The best way to work in your free time , or have time for personal life then pick up a shift when available. Payment weekly and monthly , depends on your choice. Great people and team !
They will pester you day in day out to work more and more. I was working 3 to 4 (12-13 hour days) but you would get calls almost every day pushing more shifts on you even though you had refused the day previously. They do not care if you are tired, they just want you to work and make them money. I was reported by a Nursing home which was being solely run by Agency staff for handling a situation incorrectly. Which is untrue (as the way I handled it was backed by up to date evidence based practice and nice guidelines). The nursing home provided no evidence apart from the allegation. No disciplinary or investigation was carried out -- I had only been working for them a few months hence Probation period. I was left unable to get shifts for a month before they terminated my contract. I called my Manager and Hr for daily updates neither returned calls or emails. If you a carer or Registered Nurse PLEASE stay away from this agency. This is not a rant or a moan but a genuine word of warning.
Pros
could work 7 days a week (many of the other nurses did)
Cons
Treated like a piece of meat. No disciplinary or HR department. Very poor communication.
They promise you the world, shifts locally, lots of choice. NHS or private sector. When in reality they have far too many nurses on there books, they advertise for new staff ALL the time. Despite not having many shifts to go around. If you do want to work you have to phone them constantly and beg for some hours. Then they may send you an hour away from home. They give no hospital work despite what they promise at interview. When I started they gave me lots and told me to quit my other job (nursebank) so I did. Since then despite a perfect record on my behalf all they do is look after there new staff. Shocking way to treat people. When you try to bring this up with them they couldn't care less
Pros
fair money if u manage to get given work
Cons
nowhere near enough hours to go round
I used to work for them as a RGN. Do not recommend this company. Cheap clients, not good money at all, wait 10 days to get your money. Penalty fee from Payroll if they don`t like your timesheet. Apps do not work properly. Poor communication with the branch.
Pros
Cons
A lot