Newcross Healthcare Solutions

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Newcross is a good company to work with. They care about the wellbeing of the staff. The administrative sector is well organised. Staff are approachable. I would recommend to any body.
Very flexible, you choose your own shifts from their app, only work when you want to work , based all around the country , you can even pick up a shift while on holiday , great staff, training is always kept up to date , overall a great company to work for
Great company to work to for would definitely reccomend for any care worker looking for a flexible working life. Management acknowledges staffs hard work and dedication, always going out there way to support staff.
Pros
Good rates of pay
Only care about the money they are getting from packages, they don't care about their staff and whether they get treated unfairly as long as their getting money they will throw you into anything and expect you to get on with it.They send you in places where rules about preventing Covid-19 infection are not respected AT ALL.
Cons
Dangerous as they don't seem to properly assess if Covid infections are prevented
Excellent knew what you expect going to different companies to work for through Newcross and enjoyed every minute even though some places wasn't great to go to , to work. Only bad point is zero hour contracts so if no work being an agency or can be cancelled 24 hours before.
Pros
Really good hourly pay rate.
Cons
Zero hour contracts.
Lovely place to work.Management its great, ladies in the office are great, they make you feel appreciated, they will never make you to work a shift you don’t want and the phone apps are great.Recommend!
Pros
Cons
I dont have
Excellent company to work for full of support and help excellent opportunities with training and qualifications. Free uniform and ppe plenty of work opportunities and training programs day and nights shifts available extra hours and work available.
Horrible people to try and work for. They have their favourites, even canceling your shifts to give to other people. I worked for them on and off for over 1 year but didn`t get many shifts, they canceled more than I worked. They phoned me at the beginning of the pandemic asking what hours I could work, I explained that I work full time in care ( which they already knew) and that my employer had stated that that we could no longer work for agencies during the pandemic, for obvious reasons. I received my P45 in the post the same week. This explains what type of company they are. They will tell you that you get an app and you can choose your own shifts , this is not true as only companies you have worked for will show up on the app.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention!
Great place to work, massive choice of work .Management fab.Really on top of covid testing for staff.Introducedva new scheme for picking up late shifts at tge weekend called surge pay , it increases your pay be 30-40%
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Love working for newcross, get continued praise from management, flexibility to pick and choose hours and they are now going complex care in the community which I love doing also
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Holiday pay is in wages
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions?
Office staff never replied to concerns and reports. I didn't feel supported. I had to pay for PVG and the uniform, also for trainings. Office staff ignored my holiday as they called me several times for shifts. They were only kind when someone needed.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Paying for uniform, Pvg, training. Office workers did not supported and respond
21 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We have not charged for PVG or uniform for several years now. If you would like to please get in touch we'd like to discuss this with you further: communications@newcrosshealthcare.com
My best review for new cross : an fantastic place to work , no stress , constant training , friendly staff on office and phone . They are happy to help and to listen your worries of any kind.
Pros
Good weekly wages, freedom of work.
Cons
Agency work .some months there is more work than others
21 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some great feedback. We're so happy to hear you have enjoyed our training, its something we have put a lot of time and effort into for the benefit of our staff.
Swansea office staff are terrific if u cancel a shift expect a warning not flexible at all pay for all training no support what so ever and dont support u in development
Pros
Pay
Cons
Swansea office staff
Fantastic employers to work for easy to use app that allows you to work when your available management support was there when you needed it they answer your call back if you leave a message always friendly towards staff
12 May 2020
Thank you so much for such a fantastic review. We're glad you're enjoying your time at Newcross. We're glad to have you as part of our talented team!
At first things were great, shifts were rolling in. Don't be fooled by the attractive hourly rate, that rate includes you're holiday pay which you would have to put aside if you wanted a paid holiday. Don't get too comfortable in a nice place you work regularly because as soon as they take on new employees they also send them there and your hours reduce. Can't get any shifts now...
You can work as much as you want and when you want. This company is fantastic and the opportunities are there if you want them. The management is brilliant and is the best agency i have ever worked for
After attending an unpaid induction and providing certification, doing online training ect I didn't hear anything from my branch in Bournemouth. Phone calls to branch were useless and not returned, likewise calls to central recruitment. They sell the concept of working for them well and that they will support you ect but it's all rubbish!! I have given up on this agency and would not recommend at all incompetent
17 March 2020
We're sorry to hear your experience of Newcross didn't match up to what most people say about us. We'd like to get to the bottom of this and see if there's a way to resolve this issue. Would you be able to contact us at communications@newcrosshealthcare.com
You are promised lots of shifts when starting but then after a while all the shifts are either given to their favourite and you only end up seeing shifts that are 40miles plus away. The management at Swindon are great though.
17 March 2020
I'm very sorry to hear your experience of Newcross doesn't match up with the majority of our staff. We'd like to get to the bottom of your issues and see if there's anything we can do to improve. Could you contact us at communications@newcrosshealthcare.com
Good stop gap. Work unreliable. Major national agency. Uncertain reputation within the sector. Flexible work hours. Will need to pay for training, uniform, DBS ect.
17 March 2020
Hi there, we're technically not an agency as all our staff are employed on permanent contracts with guaranteed hours. Would you be able to contact us at communications@newcrosshealthcare.com so we can try and get to the bottom of this issue?
Dangerous non risk assements they cover up stuff aviod aviod aviod they have no support for staff and office staff barley no what there doing most of the time mangment lack training and non sense of understanding employment law or there duties to protect and safe guard staff they are terrible and have no compassion for staff
Fantastic training opportunities, help to progress and access next steps and to broaden experience. Fantastic pay rates and a real feel that staff are valued and respected and that the company really appreciate the work you do for them.