Newcross Healthcare Solutions

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Pay & benefits reviews

Money is fairly good but once you take off weekly insurance costs and A/L it’s not hugely better than the NHS. The NHS has better weekend enhancements and conditions. They pretend to be caring but when you highlight issues surrounding safeguarding they do not get back to you; I can only assume they are all about the money which is truly sad. It really doesn’t matter if their clients neglect people. The staff in branch are nice enough. I am returning to a band 6 NHS post as the care in the private sector disgusts me and Newcross cash in on this big time.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Sometimes there is work but I have had to go weeks without work or have had to drive well over a hour to get to jobs so not good if you need regular work
Cons
Long hours unreliable work
Great company to work to for would definitely reccomend for any care worker looking for a flexible working life. Management acknowledges staffs hard work and dedication, always going out there way to support staff.
Pros
Good rates of pay
Excellent knew what you expect going to different companies to work for through Newcross and enjoyed every minute even though some places wasn't great to go to , to work. Only bad point is zero hour contracts so if no work being an agency or can be cancelled 24 hours before.
Pros
Really good hourly pay rate.
Cons
Zero hour contracts.
Newcross is good if you’re looking for flexible job. In liverpool where I work, they have loads of shifts especially if you drive. The pay is low without holiday pay
Pros
Free uniform, More shifts if you drive
Cons
Shifts are not certain, low pay without holiday pay
The hourly rate and benefits are great when you actually get regular work but the work is unreliable. Communication is poor. Management is poor. I made myself available for full time nights 3-4 nights a week and rarely got more than 10 a month. Towards the end of my employment I was getting 2-3 shifts a month and had to leave due to lack of income.
Pros
Good hourly rate and benefits
Cons
Unreliable work. Poor management
If your a carer or nurse like meee. You get placed in different care homes who require staff. You meet some wonderful people! Both staff and the people you support, if you like variation and freedom you will love this job. With a minimum yearly hour requirement (under 400, not sure exactly) you choose when and where you work. Shifts are usually 8-8/7-7 etc 12 hours usually, though they do have short shifts. The app is brilliant, this is where you can see shifts and put your availability. You also have the option to use flexi pay which is where you can withdraw up to 50% of your pay. A lot of your experience in the job varies depending where you are, simply because your not fixed to one place. You can have more reliable shifts by working consistently building bonds with homes, or group bookings when available. I think experience, adaptability and and professionalism are extremely important, as you do end up in lots of new situations every shift.Im young, and I travel a lot, this job has helped me gain some stability as when I return from wherever I go I always have a job, all I need to do is tell them I’m ready to work. I see mothers and fathers working stable hours too, the job works for everyone if you are willing to put in the work. No pushyness from staff to take shifts, and they care about you.
Pros
Mileage paid (I think everywhere does this), good hourly wage.
Cons
N/a
Great place to work, massive choice of work .Management fab.Really on top of covid testing for staff.Introducedva new scheme for picking up late shifts at tge weekend called surge pay , it increases your pay be 30-40%
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
The way Newcross us set up and works using an app whereby you upload your availability this means the flexibility of the role ideally suits my life as a lone parent.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Don’t get to build friendships/regular colleagues
Love working for newcross, get continued praise from management, flexibility to pick and choose hours and they are now going complex care in the community which I love doing also
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Holiday pay is in wages
Not a bad place to work you can balance your life and work, however they don't give u enough hours sometimes, specially now with covid. Plus they started hiring staff and removed work from other older members of staff, which made them look for work somewhere else.
Pros
Good pay and usually on time.
Cons
Not enough hours for a full time job
Agency work. Based with Romford office, great team and great agency staff. Totally recommend. Training and uniform given. Good benefits and annual leave paid in your salary
Pros
Work when you want. Nice services to work in.
Cons
As with any agency sometimes you only find oit on the day if you are working
Expanding complex care side for past 5 months and they’ve tried to ensure all Carers get some work so shared as much as possible. Complex Care Associate in Norwich office is fabulous. Best support and caring I’ve ever received from a company. The office are brilliant with the care staff and let them know of possible care packages if they want to express an interest. They answer questions promptly and reply to emails quickly. The pay rate is above average care pay and the only downside to this is your holiday pay is included with your weekly wage payment instead of accumulating and there is no sick pay or benefits to cover wages if there is no work available
Pros
Office staff phenomenally supportive and pay is above average
Cons
No sick pay and holiday pay is paid weekly with wages
23 July 2020
Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback. We're glad to have you as part of our talented team. We wish you a long and happy career with us at Newcross.
Personally I would say if anyone what to remain as agency worker should choose this comapany. And my advice to them is to review and seperate mileage from basic wage on weekly bases
Pros
Good mangement responds to issues
Cons
Milage calculation method
23 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your Newcross experience. We really appreciate it and are happy you're a part of our talented team.We wish you a long and happy career with us at Newcross.
I couldn't wish for a Better Health Agency to Work for..The Manager n crew at The Torquay Office went out off their way with Amy Problems I endured.Good Pay..Plenty of Shifts..Exellant Comunication..The Newcross App is Second to None for a Work App
I've worked at Newcross nearly 2 years under establishment and Complex care. I can't fault them. The office staff are great and communicate well. Pay is good and you can work or not work when you want. You can choose your shifts via the app, so can choose where you go. All in all good company.
Pros
Flexibility, good pay, friendly and professional management
Cons
Not guaranteed hours
12 May 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback, we really appreciate it. We're happy to hear our flexible working ethos suits you and hope you remain with us as a member of our dedicated team for a long time to come.
At first things were great, shifts were rolling in. Don't be fooled by the attractive hourly rate, that rate includes you're holiday pay which you would have to put aside if you wanted a paid holiday. Don't get too comfortable in a nice place you work regularly because as soon as they take on new employees they also send them there and your hours reduce. Can't get any shifts now...
Worked nearly 30 hours in a week over 3 weeks ago paid weekly yet still waiting for my pay. Details of the shifts and that they were accepted are on the app and should have been recorded and confirmed by the homes I worked at. Also advertised jobs in Canterbury and faversham but mainly jobs for ct10.
Best company I have worked for ,very professional ,salary is also very attractive..they also work with the best service providers..Above all payment is always on time
3 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback. Wishing you a long and happy career with Newcross.
Good stop gap. Work unreliable. Major national agency. Uncertain reputation within the sector. Flexible work hours. Will need to pay for training, uniform, DBS ect.
17 March 2020
Hi there, we're technically not an agency as all our staff are employed on permanent contracts with guaranteed hours. Would you be able to contact us at communications@newcrosshealthcare.com so we can try and get to the bottom of this issue?
Ok it not enough shifts abailablestaff in office rudely benefits have to wait on app for shifts constantly waiting even though u have availability on no contract over 6 hr per wk