Newell Brands

Newell Brands Employee Reviews

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid for 15 months absolutely loved my job. I was there for 15 months, but something changed and it wasn't the best treatment by some went downhill. I felt very let down. I had a word with agency and was told I couldn't go back so laid off which made me depressed and hurt as I had done nothing wrong.
Working in different areas of the warehouse from removing tape from the floor and then working we’re the team leaders put me. And then I was told to find hiygine and they will train me on how to empty the bins , drive the little truck and operate the card board machine and shown other things
I outgrew my role at Newell and, at the time, there were no opportunities for me to develop in another area, so i moved on to another company. However, i do regret that move - the work was fast-paced and no two days were the same at Newell but what really made the difference was the value that was placed on you. The company treat their employees so well and reward them for being part of this huge conglomerate. They recognise that without the guys and girls in the offices and warehouses, they wouldn't be where they are today. The colleagues and managers were all great. It was stressful at times - but, what job isn't? Overall, there was a huge support network and everyone got along. There were no egos and no challenges between colleagues. The directors and managers were down to Earth, supportive and encouraging and these qualities were reflected in the rest of the staff.
Pros
Health Cash Plan & annual bonus in form of gift certificates for the high street
Cons
Once I settled in, I found the place extremely friendly and laid back. I'd recommend it to anyone. I was always treated fairly and those in charge were always courteous. Lovely place.
I found Newell to be a good employer who were very fair to me. I enjoyed my time working there and made some good friends. Overall it was a positive experience
In general the company is struggling due to its performance Working in EMEA office really isnt ideal as constant pressure and restructure coming from the HQ in US Workload is constantly high with always under-resourced structure Very high rotation rate as no career progression from within, management team seems to always prefer to let people leave and recruit from outside
Earlier hours than the normal 9-5 which was nice as it mean I could avoid rush hour. Everyone was friendly, both staff and other employees I worked with, made friends and enjoyed my time working there over the summer. I would return.
This is a very good company to work for even if it is temporary work! Lovely staff and a friendly atmosphere, I would recommend to anybody! Gets you working hard and the development you need.
Extremely friendly but professional environment, I was surrounded by real experts and great managers.
Fast paced and challenging with no support.Good salary but no direction is given.No autonomy.Not a good office environment and no stability. Not for the faint hearted
I loved my job at Newell and was sad to leave. I was with them for 25 years in all and held various levels of roles. I loved the Brand Management/Product Development role and I managed top accounts product roadmap development for NPD on Strollers & Car Seats.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Friendly great place but no room to progress as most functions moving to Poland. It is a very relaxed culture, no formal dress code for example. The salaries aren't great though
Working with a team to complete spreadsheets and then send them over to the sales team and other members of staff Managed well, good culture of people The hours were really good, 9-5 The only drawback was (seemingly constant after a while) back pain from being sat down for so long every day
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Back pain
Not enough job security have been working there for 6 months and I'm still getting minimum hours and no contract. Everyone that works there are nice though.
Great people , managment ok , working hours great. Advancement oppurtunities limited. Trading great helped me get a Diploma in first line management. Health and safety excellent.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
This internship was highly valuable in terms of gaining experience in a large, international organisation, with the opportunity to interact with senior members of staff and improving confidence in my own creative and professional capabilites.
I've started working with Newell almost a year ago and i can tell that it was amazing for me. I was promoted after a couple of months. My main duties over there was to book in the merchandise, deal with the paper work for them and also have an inspection of a quality control. I used to work with a great team and i can tell that i was having a good relationship with my supervisor.
Pros
Nice People
Newell is a fantastic company to work for. The ethos of the company is very positive with an emphasis on employee engagement. They are keen to give back to the community where possible and the management within the UK are all lovely people and easy to work for. It is very fast paced with HQ in Atlanta America. This means that there are numerous restructures but this leads to development opportunities.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
frequent transformations
Working at Newell provides a good balance between work and life, thanks to the generous holiday allowance and the possibility to work from home from time to time. However, the management style at the company leaves much to be desired. There is no clear communication between upper management and employees and disorganization reigns free. This is balanced by an assertive top/down management style. The coworkers are nice to talk to, though for some reason there is little diversity amongst them ( a prevalence of French employees which seems odd). Opportunities to progress are linked to your willingness to move to other countries.
Pros
Good life/work balance, fancy company events(dinners, clubs, etc)
Cons
Utter lack of internal communication, disorganisation
I really enjoyed working for newell rubbermaid, i was a little disappointed when i was laid off after 4 weeks but i am hoping to go back when work picks up again. Overall a nice working environment, All the staff were friendly and helpful.
Cons
a lot of staff not speaking english in front of you when they could speak english
The salary they give is decent and comes with nice benefits, but this is all there is. The pros do not outweigh the cons, such as the lack of any guidance and communication and the fact that progression is only possible if you are willing to move countries. Also, the company does not foster good relations between employees and this is felt in the workplace.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Awful management style
  1. Employee reviews