Newham Sixth Form College

Newham Sixth Form College Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Open-minded and striving for excellence

A good place to work with a super friendly environment and culture. It is for ever striving to be better and meet the standards of the global education community.

Pros

Cons

Budgeting Constraints

Hard work but extremely rewarding

Teaching timetable: Level 2 and Level 3 vocational classesLearned different strategies on how to stretch and challenge studentsManagement and workplace culture positive and supportiveHard to work weekends marking students work throughout the yearMost enjoyable: walking into the classroom and interacting with students

Pros

CPD training

Cons

long hours outside of work

Insights into Newham Sixth Form College

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

A fascinating start in teaching in my second language, English

Newham Sixth Form College, NewVIC, is indeed my placement for the PGCE course. I have benefited from a wide range of online resources and a supportive mentor in the college. I have also enhanced my communication skills whilst teaching pupils in English, my second language.

good place to work

nice place to work. Good opportunities and flexible working is accommodated. good working ethos with very good teaching resources. Big college and diverse student ability.

diverse, supportive and enjoyable environment

Great place to work.Feel very valued as a member of staff, great atmosphere, everyday is different. I support staff and students in the learning and research. Customer focused roll. Can be challenging at times. I work within a team, and also on my own.I work towards meeting customer needs while meeting my own goals.

Cooperative workplace where everyone works together.

Newham Sixth Form College has a fun and safe environment, where everyone is treated equally and the British Values are strongly upheld. This makes it a unique place to learn and prepare for work.

Newham Sixth form

Newham Sixth form provide additional training to develop staff at times. Progression is slow! Staff are friendly and the coffee shop is well worth a visit.

My college

I worked as a student ambassador at my college whilst doing my A levels there. I was not paid however I received experience in being a guide.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Wasn't paid

Friendly environment, fun to work in workshop and support students and teachers

It is a very good college and students are happy to join this college. The college is favorably chosen by students and their parents.

Pros

free use of gym

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newham Sixth Form College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement