Newsteam Group Ltd
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Newsteam Group Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom82 reviews

fuelpapercoverearlyavoiddrivercardelivery

Dreadful , avoid at all cost

Expect you to work 7 days a week , to start at 3am ( hve to get there at 2am to be ready to set off at 3am) advertised as a job in stretford , but in fact the depot is in Oldham , so have to travel to Oldham for 2am , then get your route sorted , then back to stretford and start your round around 3:30am, was told I’ll be finshed by 6 , but that’s impossible unless you break ever speed limit. When you tell them you can’t work they tell you that unless you find cover (by yourself) then you’ll be charged for alll the papers that have been undelivered. If you want to leave they force to hand in your notice and work for another 28 days , and they keep 2 week in hand at the start , hoping you quit before then so they don’t have to pay you. The feul and general car expenses aren’t worth it for the money or the time you are working. So as a fellow jobseeker , just don’t.

Straightforward and unfussy.

Worked for 4 years.Easy job if you want to control your own destiny.Be on time, prepare your route and as a self-employed contractor you will earn well.Know several people who have changed their day job to this with success.Read the requirements first and hard work is rewarded

Pros

Leaves you free in the daytime

Cons

Early mornings

Insights into Newsteam Group Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Delivery driver job, no complaints

I was employed as a self employed driver, Manager explained what was needed and how the pay worked. Steady training round was given which slowly built me to a full round. Early morning start, job was easy enough. Recommended to a couple of friends also. I finish and get to my second job

Pros

Easy work, keep fit.

Poor

Lied about payIncorrect pay on payslip.No annual leave or you sackedCan't speak to none about psy.Really bad communication Poor app to work byPicking up papers varies so you may not have enough time for delivery so therefore you get tickets Still waiting correct aggrieved pay after 2 months.7 days a week no break or rest.

not fun

The don't care about contractors.If you are sick or your car broke down,you not received anything in that month.So you must to be 7/7 available to work,even if you have healthy problems,or your car is broken down

Just Don't

Alarm bells First rang when my interview was conducted by management via a phone call when they were on holiday and slightly drunk, weird time to make a first impression if you ask me. The work seems really easy at the start with hardly any papers to deliver for your first few rounds and when when it suddenly jumped to 60 I thought this was the full round, did it in good time and thought this is brilliant to fit around my normal job. The next day I was on 112 papers and racing around to try get them delivered I my available time window. You have until 8am to make sure they're all delivered but with me having another full time job to get to I find myself racing round and actually running to and from doors. If you make a mistake on a delivery you have a choice of buying a paper and doing a redelivery yourself or if someone else goes you are charged 10 pounds per paper! Not to mention if you have any days off you're charged anywhere from 100-200 pounds which is obviously way more than you make on shift! Some of the staff were really friendly, however with all the stress, early mornings, papers constantly being late for collection I would not recommend working here at all as a side hustle. You definitely do not make enough money to have this as your full time job for 7 days a week either!

Pros

Independent working

Cons

Unsociable hours, low pay, work load, sanctioning, lack of benefits

Avoid like the plague

Management do not care for their contractors. Even when you tell thrm you are covid positive they tell you to find cover or you lose your round. Pays around £35 for 100 newspapers and doesn't even touch covering your time and fuel. Management will kiss your backside if they need help but the second you say no they find an excuse to get rid of you. Wear and tear on your car. The Management are awful, just do not care. I wish I'd looked into them before starting.

Scum, sacked for having covid

First off I worked here for just under 2 months on a round that pays £50 a day and covers 80 miles a day. £15-£19 a day fuel every day so brings your pay down to £31-£35 a day. And that is before you factor in insurance and vehicle maintenance. Secondly I gave my 28 day notice in and a few days later contracted covid. So was unable to work for 7 days, when I had covid they said that was no excuse to be off work. They said they will drop the papers to my house and I will have to go out and deliver to the old and vulnerable. I of course disagreed to this so they sacked me due to ‘breaking the contract’ and have said I will not be receiving my months pay owed plus my 2 weeks in hand £2k. No one should work for this scum of a company

Great place to work, lovely people, cooperative. WFH available. Management is very friendly. It was great fun working. If I get chance to work again I will definitely join.

Life draining disaster of a job

Waste of your time 7 days no time off and they charge you £150 a day if your sick and can’t work or if your car is broken down or for any day/time off the company charges you more for a day off than you’ll earn.

Worst ever employer

Worst ever employer, don't give you break down of wages. Don't tell u they charge u £200 a day if Ill, other management slagging drivers off left right and centre

Pros

Cons

Early working Bad bosses

Don’t bother

‘Self employed’ basically a way of saying you work for us but sort your own stuff out and you can’t have holidays. Have to find your own cover for not just holidays, days off, even if sick. Or you’re sacked. Supervisor just put mistakes on other people. Wrecks your car. Unrealistic time scales to complete runs. 1 month in hand that you never get back. Wages wrong. Oh, and unsociable hours, not like they care.

Pros

Cons

A lot

Avoid this company

Avoid this company, rude management, poor pay , 365 days work everyday Monday till Sunday. They charge you £120 when you sick or emergency for everyday.

Wish I could rate 0

In short don’t bother. You have to give 28 days notice to leave. If you leave before 4 weeks they don’t pay you. Have to deliver 120 papers for £50. You use around £30 in fuel so left with £20 for 5 hours work, not including wear and tear on your car or extra insurance. You start off training with 30-40 papers and think the jobs great. After 2 weeks you’ll get your full round then be working for free. You cant leave because you won’t get the money youve already worked for, nor can you continue because it’s not worth it. High staff turn over. I actually think they have it set up like this on purpose so you work a week or so for free then they’ll get another set of new starters in. Not end up paying anyone for the work. It’s such a shame because it would be a nice little job if they paid a fair wage and looked after staff.

Pros

Cons

Low wages for long hours

Friendly staff, fast pace environment. (warehouse work).

Iv worked here for almost a year now. At first the rounds can be challenging, with some days working long hours. BUT once I had worked out the route, I was able to cut long days down to 4-5 hours per round. Leaving lots of time for the day ahead.

Pros

There is always work, pay rates are quite fair, Helpful and friendly staff, Good support from other staff members

Cons

No holidays/ Bank Holidays. Fines for any time off regardless of reason.

Stress and not able to do other things

Hard work with low paid and wear and tear of your vehicle. It is not as easy as they say. Your whole day is gone. Hard to make target that they expect. Working is crazy.

Poor wage for what they expect in return...

On the face of it this role seemed ideal; however they soon move the goal posts and left you with whiplash.Relatively new company going through a lot of changes. People in the wrong roles. There is no HR and they have little experience of business law and how to treat people.The management is very target driven and allow the brown stuff to roll downhill to their staff. Ensue public humiliations in front of your team.Work was often taken home to meet targets, which over time was paid for.A lot of pressure put on staff- and the over achievers carried those who just turned up.There was quite alot of whispering behind backs from the management and a lot of underhandedness- which in turn made staff feel unsafe which also had them talking too.The staff were nice. Christmas parties were nice and the upper management very generous. There is an element of 'who you know can get you places', and you have to be careful of the company you keep. Don't get involved in office politics and try and keep your head down.It's not the worst place I've worked- but its not the best by a long stretch. Mainly because you've no where to go if you have a problem....and there will be problems.The company had alot of learning to do and growing. And if you're up for taking the wrath of all that comes with it- that's your call.

Pros

Free parking, kitchen, free tea and coffee

Cons

They expect to get more than their moneys worth from you, No HR

Don't take the job

Everything about this job was terrible. The managerment were just bullies and hadn't got a clue what they were doing. Extremely high staff turn over because there don't care, you are replaceable and they would tell you that. My advise would be don't even bother applying, any other job is better than here.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, low pay, bad management, toxic environment

Dishonest and exploitative crew

The job is supposed to be easy but the office team makes ongoing ridiculous mistakes in counting the news papers. You get charged 10 for a redelivery resulting from their mistakeOnly one day off per yearYou get fined £150 for not turning up regardless of the reasonDelivery app does not function well all your drops constantly being mixed, reordered, appears to be deliberately manipulated.

Pros

Easy job if the issues are addressed

Cons

Disfunctional delivwry app, chronic miscounting or papers create significant problems

Wouldn’t bother

Basically working for 7 days a week and your lucky if you are left with £100 a week after paying out for a fuel would not bother if you want a life and being able to live comfortable

Pros

No pros to this job

Cons

Not having a day off working very unsociable hours

Is what it is- with downfalls

The job is easy.Simple to deliver papers. A day rate, 4 hrs work, happy days.But pay is never right. The company take off double money if you have a day off, even though you are expected to work 364 days a year starting at 3.30am.No problem with my hours, the job itself as you are left alone, or the people I work with as they are sound.But, expect to get shafted!

Pros

Short days

Cons

Company disregard for drivers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newsteam Group Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Newsteam Group Ltd with

• Newsteam Group Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?