Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Found 4,790 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,015 reviews
boxingtillshopstockroomdiscountrotachristmasstock

Productive. Fast paced. But in general very easy job

Featured review

NEXT selected this as a representative review
Good place to work. Job security if u perform. Good career prospects. Easy to progess. Helpful mangagement team. Lots of coaching and trainong available. Staff discount is generous at 25% in store. Plus many more company benefits. Apply if you looking for permanent work. What are you waiting for!

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Repetetive work

Friendly team, low wages.

Friendly team, made lifelong friends working here. Sale period is stressful at times with certain management not pulling their weight and not co-ordinating teams. Wages are low for the amount of work expected. Not much of an incentive apart from 25% discount all bonuses cut, minimum wage. Overtime is as and when they want you to, happily cut you to save hours and then expect you to come in last min. Progression is limited and is a face fit culture.

Insights into NEXT

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Warehouse work

Basic warehouse job, constant pay issues cause of a very weird way they assign hours. The bonus scheme is archaic and done by paper. If you need a job go for it but there are better out there.

Pros

On site food

Cons

Almost everything else

Disorganised

Management refused to acknowledge my holiday days even though I advised them multiple times. Would change my shifts in the middle of the night and on the way to work. Always placed on different departments even though I was not trained. I loved the work itself very simple work and loved and adored the team and specifically one manger who treated you like a human but everything else awful. Every staff member I met was telling me how they were leaving or planning to leave in the first couple weeks of me being there.

Overworked

I was overworked for a bad pay. There was one manager who was outright mean to employees and caused many to leave. The best part were the customers and the coworkers, as everyone was nice besides the management team.

Pros

Nice customers and coworkers

Cons

Terrible management, didn’t feel respected or appreciated

Prima bijbaantje

Werkzaam bij NEXT in het magazijn als bijbaantje. Prima loon voor mijn leeftijd, gezellige sfeer en genoeg doorgroeimogelijkheden. Arbeidsvoorwaarden niet fantastisch, maar hadden een goeie regeling tijdens Corona.

Friendly and progressive

Great place to work, friendly staff and plenty of room for progression if work is put in. The hours are there if you're willing and able to be flexible. You get from the job as much as you put in.

Pros

25% discount

Reasonable working conditions

Work isn't too intense, involves making sure shop floor is neat and tidy. Sufficient training is given for till work and staff are very helpful when needing assistance.

Flexible and professional

I am happy to work at Next as I have great opportunities to progress my career. I do enjoy 4on 4off working basis’. Atmosphere at work is professional and friendly

Do not work for next.

The worst company to work for with perhaps the worlds worst payroll department where half of there staff get underpayed constantly. And management is absolutely shocking.Do not work for this company.

Good, but poor hours

Good staff but not very good menagers, you have to be on your own so it has been hard to look on everything. They don't want give a full time job. Poor pay

productive and fun workplace

stared work as a temporary warehouse operative in Livingston. After three months I was offered full time contract, which I accepted. The pay rate is decent and good working hours :) recommended

Pros

free lunches

Fun workplace

Fun workplace when you work with a great team. Enjoyed my time at next. You can pick up shifts easily on the obline portal and offer up your shift easily if something comes up

Awful low paid job

This place is awful they don’t care about any member of staff the pay is one of the lowest in warehousing. The targets for the bonus scheme are impossible to get which leaves you on pretty much minimum wage for walking 12 miles a shift while lifting and pulling very heavy furniture around. Holidays are impossible to get ,booked on a horrendous online booking system wages are impossible to work out and are usually wrong then your wage query takes forever to sort out because there are so many. No one cares at all about there job no one helps anybody out pretty much everyone hates there job but just do it because they like the hours or haven’t found another job yet.

close knit and overall positive

better since management changes had a few minor issues when starting but it was amazing experience overall, after the first few months i felt very settled and secure and enjoyed my time at next

Fun

Very fun and relaxing atmosphere, no stress or people shouting at you.They give you the uniform and the safety shoes.Management are very helpful and the job is straight forward.

Fast paced

Left due to redundancy made lots of friends along the way. The job is fast paced and can be challenging due to lack of staff. Some managers are great others not so good.

Avoid at all costs

Don't waste your time to apply for the job in the warehouse. You will get it straight away, as they struggle to find people. But on the other hand people are leaving this place due to a lack of payment. The salary looks promising at a rate of £10/H if you sign up for FlexUp contract or £9,80 if not. Plus the chance to get a bonus, anything between £1 extra per hour up to £5extra, but only if you hit the target and only for the hours that you are being productive.Most shifts are 12h and it's physically demanding job that involves heavy lifting, bending, standing. Your back and shoulders will go instantly. And if you don't perform they'll get rid of you.Regular underpayments and unexplained deductions from the wages and you have to rely on the management to sort this out. Usually it takes a few weeks to get sorted (in some cases up to 6 month) and any underpayment to be reimbursed, but then it starts again on your next wage.If you think that taking home on average £1600 a month is a good wage, then you can apply for it.

Not an enjoyable place to work

Management awful, no set hours despite being promised this during interviews- very cliquey, meaning if you weren't a manger's favourite or were new it was very isolating.

Cons

bad pay, rubbish benefits

Great workplace

Such a good workplace for someone leaving school age. Worked well with others as a team as well as on your own when you’re on the shop floor. Good working environment

Great salary for a young person

Started working here at 18 and found the salary to be satisfactory whilst the work is not too challenging. The people that work here are also nice and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEXT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NEXT with

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?