Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Next Employee Reviews

Found 3,673 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Next selected this as a representative review
Really nice teamwork orientated store. Everyone seems to work hard and are diligent and respectful to other members of staff. I have always felt part of the team from the very begining. Lots of training provided, some learned on the job. Management are friendly and approachable. Next have been excellent supporting workers over the COVID -19 lockdown. Hygiene standards are very high and procedures are strict to ensure workers and customers are safe.Highly recommend next , especially for part time work to escape from the house as in my case.
Pros
Pick up extra hours every week if you wish.
Cons
Required to work over Boxing Day
I loved my time at next, my team and managers were great and I have really fond memories of my time there. Opportunities for overtime are available but you can also offer out shifts to your colleagues that you are unable to work or would like off on the online portal.
Pros
Can offer out shifts, take hours off when available, bonus’.
Cons
Having to work Boxing Day sale, lots of work goes into sales but it’s great for overtime.
most of the managers are sociopathsvery stressful place to workthey are bullying people to make them work faster this place is like an Auschwitz work camp
Wonderful team and management at my store! Great place to work until you get sick of being messed around by the company! I've had endless payroll issues, very few of which have been settled, and have even had my pay changed without any notification. Head Office is awful: prone to hanging up/ leaving on hold (even if they know you have a customer in front of you), being unsure of company policy, giving customers and staff calling incorrect information. All of which makes any calls for customers in store or staff enquiries very difficult. Training is good but only at a store level, and it's obvious that the management above store level don't care about employees unless they're in H.O.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, good pay rates
Cons
lack of communication, constant payroll issues, lack of support
Awful management and rude gate staff spoken to like absolute rubbish since second i got there never asked about what I had on my person and shouted at me when made aware I had a lighter in my pocket
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Absolutely everything
I started working at Next after graduating university in 2018. I began on a Christmas temp contract which was continuously renewed for months until there was permanent contracts available. The job is very different to when I first began, it was customer service focused but in the last year your main task is collecting customer parcels which is repetitive.
Pros
Staff discount 25%
Cons
Awful break allowances. 5 hours shift = 15 min break, over 6 hour shift = 30mins, over 8.5 hours = 45mins
I started as a Christmas temp and was made permanent. The only part I enjoyed about next was some of the colleague’s there. Otherwise the place is a toxic, unfriendly environment to work at. Management is shocking, they do not support you, certain managers will make you feel anxious/nervous if you have a problem or question. You’re left to learn on your own and are expected to know everything straight away. I would not advise working here ever!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management
When I worked there I was on a part time contract with next wasn't a agency worker was on a permanent contract, they said they were losing business so had to let quiet few people go, low and behold last shift quick Team meeting staff they were keeping on were getting a pay rise, begars belief tbh
Cons
I’ve been with next as a company for 12 years and they are really good with there staff friendly polite happy staff always willing to help you lear more new things everyday
Pros
No we take our own lunch or go out and buy lunch
Cons
The hours are long but it depends on your contracted shifts
Worst place I've ever worked. Managers are so lazy, they are usually on holiday or spend all day in the office, nothing gets done. Training was atrocious, nobody cares for their job, you're shown how to do things a couple times before being abandoned and left to it. It's falling apart from the inside out. Mangers didn't disclose the fact that a colleague tested positive for covid, of whom I'd been in contact with, I refused to work went and got a test and I tested positive. They weren't going to tell anyone until I confronted them as the colleague told me themselves! Therefore I would have been a silent spreader due to their ignorance, and they "cleaned" the store for covid whilst it was open to customers! I walk to work and stay at home, (ecspically with everything going on the world) I was told by HR I must have caught it somewhere else! This buisness doesn't know how to take responsibility, had a 3 month contract, spent the last week isolating, haven't had a thank you or goodbye or even told my contract has ended, literally nothing. If you have any issues management tells you to phone HR, I've never worked anywhere where the managers don't manage anything, you have to do everything yourself because they truly don't care for any memebers of staff. Rumours go around about the staff and management doesn't like confrontation so nothing ever gets confronted and stopped.
Pros
Contract ending
Cons
Absolutely everything
Started here in September as made redundant from my job. I honestly don’t know how this place has the stars it has. Poor management, hard targets to hit and unsure whether you’re job is safe. Feel like a child at school. Security staff think that they’re the police and have a god awful attitude. Unless you work nights the pay for during the day is very, very poor and cannot get by on it. They expect full time staff to work 12 hours.Luckily I have a new job and will be leaving in a few weeks. But my 6 months here has been the worst and I would not recommend to anyone unless you’re absolutely desperate for a job.
Cons
The job itself was actually enjoyable but the leaders and management were so unfriendly. I was Christmas staff and due to the current Covid19 circumstances we were wearing masks from the get go. This meant that it was extremely difficult to make connections and fit in and get accepted. We (Xmas temps) were spoken down to and I was even made to feel like they had turned against me and spoken about amongst the permanent staff which created a hostile atmosphere. Being new, this was extremely uncomfortable. So when we got furloughed after Christmas and then my contract ended during lockdown I felt revealed. It’s a shame though because the job was quite nice.
Pros
Nice quality store & customer
Cons
Not enough hours
Supportive manager, collaborative team, transparency from Directors, opportunities to be innovative and creative (although not always approved by Directors) Yes other departments might not have the same experience (I worked in the Children's wear director dept) but my experience was positive.Next have the opportunity to be leaders in fashion industry. To be disruptive. Sometimes they play it too safe. Overall I enjoyed my time at Next, highly recommended.
Pros
Subsidised lunches, free parking
Cons
Traffic in car park
Overall a good place to work. Good management teams and varied work once trained on all processes. Great advancement opportunities for the right candidates. Work hard and earn a decent bonus.
Pros
Subsidised Canteen, bonus scheme, staff discount, free uniform, understanding management
Cons
Rate of pay could be better
When getting performance review done i think it's done very unfair and done in skme favouritism or who ur mummy is in work, instead of merit of work and tasks the person can do. Some people get 4star with little effort and time scale,wer some people (me) busted their behinds to be kept waiting 2 years to be marked up(alongside said new staff!!!).... therefore being behind newstarts in a list When reduncacy consultations took place... makes u feel not good enough naturally although being top worker and effort.
Pros
Amazing staff and some lovley customers and good retail experience for other jobs
Cons
Unfair culture!! Favouritism, pettiness ect
You are expected to do the same type of work as the Sales Coordinators but do not get the same wage level or recognition for it. Next is expected to be ‘your life’ and the various sales dates you have to work regardless if it falls on a normal contract day. Your Christmas will consist of one day as you will be expected to work Boxing Day and do sale prep before, no holidays can be booked in the period leading up to and after Christmas so no chance of visiting family over this period unless you’re in a clique with management and they will sort it for youDo not work for the Didcot store as staff turnover is very high with young inexperienced staff who think ‘gambling’ on their phones in the stockroom during work hours is acceptable but as mentioned if you’re ‘in’ with the management then you’re okay to do this!I left only because I needed full time hours and unless you’re management, you won’t get them as the company want more heads at less hours which I find is the reason why the staff turnover is so high. Beware!
Pros
25% discount and 75% uniform discount. Bear in mind that technically, you are still paying towards uniform that must be Next
Cons
Long hours of only half hour break if working all day, Clique management between local stores who look down their noses at everybody else
The pay is not great so I would not advise anyone to stay there long. They expect a lot from you for a company that pays as little as it does. There are no benefits apart from the discount
Pros
Discount on uniform
Cons
The peers
Very welcoming to new starters and always making sure you’re ok and that you’re not struggling with anything. There’s always something to do so you never find yourself getting bored which is good!
Pros
Shifts seem to go by very quick
Stay clear of this place!! They expect high standards before you start. The actual truth is they don’t have standards. Poor transport planning, very bad attitude from shunters and security. Really bad environment the pods are a joke.
Pros
Cons
Very unfriendly place
Don't work here, You will be walking around 20 miles a day and even walking that much you will be struggling to hit the performance targets. The targets are hard to hit and keep getting increased you will always be stressed trying to hit targets and wondering if your job is secure. There is a reason that even during a pandemic they can keep their staff and are always recruiting, working here has put me under a lot of stress and caused me huge problems with depression and anxiety, for sake of your health its just not worth it. I have raised these concerns with the union and management, just for it to fall on deaf ears as usual.
Pros
Decent canteen
Cons
Will ruin your health
Call centre, training is poor so you learn on the job. You are then pulled every day for your mistakes. Management are awful. 10 hour shifts with little or no contact with your co workers.
Pros
Free coffee
  1. Employee reviews