NFU Mutual Agencies

NFU Mutual Agencies Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom15 reviews

Excellent training and support

I enjoyed my time working for NFU. Realistic expectations for work load although it is a fast pace environment.Great training and support The only thing is they don’t pay enough for the work you do which is a shame because it really is a great company to work for!

31 May 2022
We’re really pleased to hear you had such a positive experience with us - especially in terms of training and support. We hope you continue to learn, develop and thrive in your career.

Fair management willing to support.

Intense learning provide by NFU MUTUAL to ensure knowledge and compliance in all areas of insurance. Friendly team, each agency is very different, run by the agents so it is like working for a small business with National Support. Great local loyal customers.

16 August 2022
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed working in one of the NFU Mutual agencies and how much you valued your team. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Insights into NFU Mutual Agencies

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

Great place to work. Friendly and caring. Great customers to work with. Lots of career development opportunities. Excellent training and support. Good opportunities.

21 March 2022
We’re really pleased to hear you’re having such a positive experience with us - especially in terms of development, training and support. We strive to create great opportunities for our people and hope you continue to learn, develop and thrive at NFU Mutual.

Supportive management, customer focused.

I have worked with an NFU Mutual agency for over ten years. Within my agency there is a real team spirit and we all bounce off each other. No day is the same as we deal with many different issues, from insurance to farming issues and have such a unique relationship with our customers you can get asked for help in many areas! This is reflected in the management's drive to keep our customers central to all we do. As a claims handler I have the chance to help people when the have had a problem which is very rewarding. It is a fast paced job so I constantly learn new things and really enjoy that. At the start there is a lot to learn but there is a good training programme and the staff, both colleagues and management are very supportive. Management listen when there is an issue and this doesn't happen in very workplace!

Pros

Supportive Management Good team of people to work with Customer focused.

15 February 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us why you enjoy your career and how much you value your team, the training you've received and your manager. Your feedback is really appreciated.

Supportive and friendly atmosphere

There is no typical day at work as we deal with different customers and calls every day.There is a lot to learn at the start, but you get a lot of support and it keeps you interested in the job as it's always changing and giving you new challenges.

17 January 2022
We’re always looking at how we can best support and develop our people, so it’s great to read reviews that praise the support provided. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Stressful and horrible place to work

Poor management, low pay and unrealistic targets. Not enough support or training. Lack of communication and systems constantly changing. Low staff morale

Pros

Cons

Poor management

4 January 2022
We’re sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience with NFU Mutual. Your feedback matters a lot. If you'd like to provide any further information please email careersfeedback@nfumutual.co.uk

I worked with NFU Mutual Agencies for many years prior to 2020

Every Agency is different, but efficient, positive and proper work (IMHO) was always rewarded, either by bosses, but most rewardingly, from clients. Customer service is king, especially for NFU Agents who find themselves, soaked to the skin, going the extra mile for clients, in a ploughed field, waiting to discuss issues with a client!!!

Pros

Cups of tea

Cons

Distressing situations - awful burglaries or horrendous acts of god etc.

4 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to tell us why you enjoyed your career at NFU Mutual. Your feedback is really appreciated.

Terrible Company

Terrible company to work for, there is no compliments given my management just grief. Bullying in workplace and they do not follow any hr policies its just a free for all.

Pros

Cons

Very poor management, Bullying by agents, Zero support, Poor training, Low salary, No benefits, No parking, Pushed out by staff

4 January 2022
We really appreciate your honest feedback and would like to know more about the issues you experienced. Please email us in confidence at careersfeedback@nfumutual.co.uk

Excellent company to work for

Working for the NFU Mutual varies a lot between agencies. Each agency employs their staff directly and runs their agency in their own chosen way. These agencies are then representatives of NFU Mutual as a whole. The agency where I am employed offer excellent training, continued professional development and the chance for progression. The working environment is enjoyable and the pay is good for the role level. We are expected to upsell and cross sell products and financial services to our existing customers and as long as you are prepare to do this you will enjoy the role.

4 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts about life at NFU Mutual.

Best place ive worked

I have worked at the West Essex branch in Takeley for 3 years and its the best place i've ever worked at. They give you lots of opportunities to progress and learn. The agents are very knowledgeable and are always willing to help you when you need. The office is a very friendly place to work and we have a lot of team outings as well as the cutest office dog. All NFU Mutual offices are different as you are employed by the agents of that office so i cant speak for all of them but i can really recommend the Takeley Branch.

4 January 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoy working at NFU Mutual and how much you like the office and the office dog.

Supportive, personable with real opportunities

Working for an agency you are working for a small company, in this you get the benefit of having a close relationship directly with who pays your wages. Where I worked you were driven to succeed and given a lot of opportunity, however never felt under pressure. Would really depend on the individual agency, but in my experience all the Scottish ones are great!

Micromanage

Extremely poor management. Zero progression Micromanaged Zero benefits with low salary Training is unsupported. Once you pass a test you are expected to know it all without any help. High turnaround of staff, so no one really knows what they are doing Very clicky management No HR support since there is no HR department!

Pros

Parking

Cons

Zero support

Horrible place to work

No break allowance, boring environment, watched liked hawks, treated like robots. Bosses unhappy, no help provided, People always ringing in sick because everyone hates it there.

Cons

Productive and fun workplace.

Somewhat enjoyed working here. Converted quotes to Sales in Motor Insurance. Various Admin duties. Mon to Fri with the weekends off.

good work environment

from day to day working with clients and colleagues. worked as an individual and as part of a team. enjoyed working with people and helping to provide a good service and improving customer experience.

Pros

good working hours

Cons

staffing levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFU Mutual Agencies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement