NFU Mutual

NFU Mutual Employee Reviews in Norwich

The job itself and the company were good. Standard office job within the finance and investment sector. Some office staff were set in their ways which made it difficult at times to express ideas.Managers were always helpful.
Rapidly turned from an interesting job to a call centre. Manager incompetent and didn't care for his staff. No chance of advancement and very target driven.
Work life balance was perfect. Flex time was an added benefit and salary very competitive for Norwich. Sadly they consolidated some of their regional offices and Norwich was closed. If I hadn't been made redundant, I wouldn't have left.
One day was never the same due to various requests and tasks to complete.I learned how to manage and coach a small team and how to improve manageability of the workload.I was left to be in charge of the team as my 2 managers were often on the road coaching and training the sales force.There was not enough communication from Head Office management, particularly with regard to the run up to the centralisation of our role. We in the Life Department often tended to be classed as "separate" to the General Insurance side. Just a few co-workers supported us when it was needed, and working with the team of 14 Financial Consultants kept us busy all the time.The hardest part of the job was obtaining reassurance and action by Head Office personnel that our client's urgent requests would be dealt with promptly (ownership of a call)The most enjoyable part was that the work was always varied and busy, hence I was often multi-tasking, including diary management for 14 Consultants and 2 managers.
Pros
flextime, discounts at various companies, health insurance
Cons
old systems at head office sometimes caused problems.