NFU Mutual
NFU Mutual Employee Review

14 January 2020
Very relaxed and collaborative place to work. Good for long-term career progression and I believe the benefits were very good too. Not so much of a leading-edge / dynamic environment though but depends what you're after.
5.0Job security/advancement
19 February 2021
HR Manager (Current Employee) - Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
I applied and was successful, Its a great place to work, great people, great culture that is driven by the senior management team. A significant amount of change in the business, lots of opportunity for personal development if you want it.
Pros
Great culture, people, lots of development opportunities, stability
13 January 2021
IT (Former Employee) - Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
Working colleagues (excluding management) are lovely but despite what anyone tells you it really is NOT a great place to work. Constant micromanagement, endless meetings as no can make a decision and truly awful appraisal process which mangers use to reward their favourites and use to beat with if you they don’t like you. A real prevalence of a bullying culture which people tell you about once they gain your trust. It was like being on the Trueman Show. You know something is wrong but can’t quite put your finger on it.The worst thing of all is management just don’t trust their staff. So this results in getting external companies to pretty much everything, even though their staff could do a better job at a fraction of the cost. Utter madness.When you get there people are running around like headless chickens trying to achieve meaningless tasks set by management. People are genuinely knackered.It’s a shame, few years ago it truly was a great place to work, but no longer... the lovely swimming pool...gone...the amazing canteen... gone and the genuinely nice management... gone I write this not to put you off, but just to aware what you might be getting into... and the above reflections isn’t something I just felt, but a large majority... most rightly waiting for their pension so can take early retirement and escape before it’s too late.If you still decide you want to work their, then keep your head down, and whatever you do say nothing!
Pros
Pension
Cons
Micromanagement, awful appraisal process
13 November 2020
Same location
Learning & Organisational Development (Current Employee) - Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
Worked for the Mutual for most of my adult life. 'Great place to work' is one of the companies long term objectives and must say that most of the time I get to do what I enjoy day in day out. Also a great bonus scheme.Had some great, awful and 'playing the game' managers over the years but thats to be expected.My experience of company culture (HO central function) is that you do matter and we do care. I've had a few occurrences of depression that resulted in time off work and they have always been supportive, my GP even remarked on the difference to most employers.
Pros
Great People, Great development opportunities, Good bonus scheme, Flexitime, Not too corporate, Over 100 years old but moving with the times
Cons
Still quite traditional in places