NG Bailey

NG Bailey Employee Reviews

A good company to work for although the Scottish branch has sadly gone downhill in the past 20 years. Still one of the best engineering companies in the country
Pros
Professional set up
Cons
Often not kept in loop.
Lovely place to have worked, I stayed for nearly twenty years, the people were great and the management were fantastic with great benefits and a good work life balance.
Massive faceless organisation. Lots of departments all trying to score points off each other . As an engineering company, second to none . In facilities, they have a very bad attitude to their clients, who they often over charge. In trying to look after my client , this company gave me little support , changed managers often and used their supervisors as scapegoats for their poor contract performance. I am very glad to say they lost the contract at my site .
Pros
Fancy training location in Yorkshire
Cons
Embarrassed by greedy managers ripping off a client l have worked with a long time .
They gave you a task and have a debate to how is to be done.They encouraged an opinion based debate which is taken on boardAlso the provide power tools which is great
3 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I loved every minute working here I was supported by colleagues and managers.Excellent company benefits great salary. I enjoyed the work and was appreciated for my contribution I would still be there but the company had to make me redundant due to end of contract and covid 19.I was given support to help find work I can't reccommend them enough.
Pros
Supportive environment good salary
Cons
I really didnt have any negatives
8 January 2021
Thank you for such a great review! We're pleased you have enjoyed your time with us. We wish you the best of luck in your future career
Supervisor was top notch , team looked after each other and absolutely cracking team but Higher management will not back you up and will favour the client over you any day because they are scared to stand up to them.
Pros
Working from home great balance
Cons
Higher management useless
8 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are sorry to read your comments. We hope you have had the opportunity to share your comments with your line manager and HR. Best of luck in your career
They say they are a family and care about their people and their mental health and wellbeing.. well they don't care as long as you are working. If you have personnal issues, or have a child then you are an inconvenience to them and they will out you without a second thought.
Pros
Some, non management, people are really nice.
30 November 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are sorry about your experience. We hope you have had an opportunity to share your feedback with HR. Best of luck in your career.
First off, before I begin the negatives, can I just say that NG Bailey was a great place to work at the start. Management was great and always pushed you towards achieving more, always had a laugh in the office with fellow teammates and was an overall enjoyable experience. We worked within the in-house IT Team supporting members of staff in office and on site. However, once they made our manager go onto furlough and our old team leader was laid off, we were given a new manager and team leader who did an absolute poor job at supporting the team. They only cared about their main team that they normally support, not us. We would be given stupidly impossible targets and when we worked our hats off to achieve it, we would get no thanks for any of the work we did. In fact, the only thanks we did get was a big "bugger off, we're making all the vital people redundant". This was a major factor for the non existing morale. Oh and thanks to our manager for doing all he could to save our team from getting the chop (not, please sense my sarcasm) My main problem was the fact that one of our members of staff stated that they were feeling stressed and may need time off to calm down. When the team leader told the manager this, we were scolded for it. Completly unacceptable. Also, another thing to add was one of the contractors who was working within our team was so rude that when we approached them to help them solve a problem, they'd either ignore us or completly lose their temper with us. Again, when we approached management about this, NOTHING WAS DONE. EVERYTIME WE COMPLAINED, - more...
Pros
Cafe across the road I guess
Cons
See review
3 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with your managers. We are sorry to see your comments and hove you believe you were treated. We work very hard with our wellbeing programme to support all our employees. Hopefully, you have had an opportunity to express these views with HR. Covid has meant that many businesses have faced their most challenging year, and as a business, NG Bailey had to make some difficult decisions to ensure the business remained fit for the future. As a result, our colleagues have had to work in extraordinary circumstances. The business very much regrets any loss of jobs and would like to wish you well for the future.
Great office environment, that's the only pro i am afraid. work load is not balanced through the team, some work on one project while others work on multiple projects and are pushed and hounded to meed unrealistic deadlines.management look after thoes they like and will make things difficult for those they don't, it very much if your face fits situation. the company as whole is very dishonest and have no consideration for the safety or well being of the staff, Company first and foremost. best described as talk the talk but cant walk the walk.
Pros
Office Environment ( as you all in the same god awful boat)
Cons
dishonesty
30 November 2020
Thank you for your time leaving a review. We are sorry to see your comments regarding workload we will review this with our Reading team. Safety First and Foremost is crucial to our business and our safety records and awards confirm our status. Best of luck in your career.
Lovely work environment, inexperienced management, would have preferred further training and understanding of the role and confirmation of doing the right thing rather than "here you go - see how you get on with this - follwed by nope thats not right, try again" - I always found it frustrating. Found the staff there like cardboard cut-outs of their real selves
Pros
Free parking and local
Cons
The Atmosphere - people very extremely stand-offish
30 November 2020
Avoid this company if I could here attach all files which I have and conversation and horrible emails many people will be upset. I don`t recommend go to work for this company. They always hire people because they are leaving this company so upset.
Pros
nothing
Cons
supervisors managers HRs
30 November 2020
Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to see your comments, I hope that you have had an opportunity to share the emails to your line manager and/or HR. If not and you wish to do so we would like to review these, please email HR Shared Service. We confirm that these will be dealt with confidentially.
Average day is driving around on your own being tracked for 6 hours a day, working for 3 hours. When I started the freedom and flexibility kind of outweighed the cons, but as time went on trackers were installed and management changed and things became very difficult. Don't expect a large workload, just expect to be driving around in circles all day until your work day is complete, even if you only have two jobs to do. Make sure that you either get a good shrink or have a active social life. Still living with the after effects.
Pros
Morrisons Staff Canteen.
Cons
Driving.
7 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are sorry to see that you were unhappy with NG Bailey. We have passed on your comments and would like to wish you continued success in your chosen career.
Onother awful experience with No Good, drop our money for working in terable condition. Don't go to Luton Dart you'll regrated big time. Better stay home claim fourloge money are same. ..
7 July 2020
Very top heavy on management and a lot of shifting the blame to cover each other back side. Management level take what they want and blame failures On others employees who’s face does not fit, To much time wasted and matrail wasted as designs are wrong or not correctly done but told to just wing it resulting in rip outs and do it again Very poor management level
28 May 2020
as I worked, 95 percent of employees felt abused for poor money. The pay is not adequate for the job. I don't recommend this job to anyone. the company only runs on the fact that people do not speak fluent language
28 May 2020
I have had a lot of issues with my apprenticeship as I felt hat I wasn't getting enough exposure and that people didn't have enough time for me. But when I highlighted this issue I felt ignored and pushed aside.
28 May 2020
I don't need to write this review, it's well known their engineers are under payed and over worked, unappreciated and taken for granted. It won't change either, it's always been uncaring managers up in Scotland and the divide between Glenrothes and Leeds is massive they may as well cut even more costs and get their planners from the middle east.
28 May 2020
Worked with baileys for roughly about 3-4 years. Great bunch of lads to work with, good company to work for on my side. Was all pretty much local work which was ideal for me at the time. Overall, I’d work with theee again in the future
3 December 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working at NG Bailey. Best of luck in your career.
There is a mixture of low skilled and security guards with high skilled engineers. Maintenance team have to run the job within the security guards control room. Its done on purpose off course so they could spy on engineers and spread rummors about. It is true that NGB = no good baley.
28 May 2020
FS is nowhere near as professionally run as engineering, I believe they are trading off the back of engineerings reputation. Tend to promise the world to clients and not deliver.
28 May 2020
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us Kind Regards, NG Bailey
Very poor safety, lack of good management, poor organisation, not enough training tech wise and the office guy's don't have clue what's the team doing.
  1. Employee reviews