NGA Human Resources

NGA Human Resources Employee Reviews for Payroll Coordinator

good work environment

great people to work with, very friendly and hardworking. I have learned a lot from the Company, just not much room for progression.

Dont bother

As a new starter you are placed with an existing employee until you have all of your accesses. After this you are given a payroll, expected to know everything and are penalised if you do not and make any sort of mistake. Management are all part time as are most of the senior administrators and team leaders so there is little to no support. You are then ridiculed if you have too much work and things are pushed to the wayside. This company is very much a "if your face fits" kind of place, if management like you then you can get away with doing the bare minimum and even get promotions. However, if you aren't one if their favourites then you won't get any recognition for working yourself into the ground going above and beyond for the customers and the company. The people that you work with in the teams are great, they make the time spent there bearable. The hours you work can be flexible if needed.

Pros

Free parking, 3 food vans a day & an ice cream van in the summer, colleagues

Cons

Many

Don't waste your time at the Peterborough location as it is sinking fast.

Morale very low. Salary increase's are very rare as they always say they are not making enough money. When an increase is given it is pennies. Management are not Management material, and very negative and very into themselves. You will always be doing the work of at least 4 people and always overworked at that, as they cannot get new employees to apply or to stay. No training given as there is not time for the existing employees to do this. Always thrown in at the deep end and if you are not a good swimmer you will sink under the pressure.

Pros

Cons

Free parking

Do not waste your time company is sinking in Peterborough

Morale very low. Management a very click crowd. Turn over very high. There is no respect given to the employees so the older ones that have stayed on are always complaining amongst themselves. Do not waste your time and talents as you will want to move on.

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

If the firm wasn't closing it's office it would have been a different story but what I experienced was disgusting.

I worked here temporary on behalf of Venn group due to northgates shortage of staff. I worked for 3 weeks learning how to do payroll in the corporate sector. I enjoyed this work and was left wanting and the management didn't seem to care about the people that worked for them. Typical day was data entry work and administering payroll and answering queries. Northgate was short of staff and had a temperamental computer system. I was told that the company would be closing down and moving to Birmingham. Without notice I was told I wasn't wanted anymore due to the team leader not being able to train me up. Not happy with this company or the agency for being secretive on certain issues. For future the management need a more direct approach.

Pros

not much i can say.

Cons

do your research

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NGA Human Resources. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

NGA Human Resources Reviews by Location

• NGA Human Resources
  • Payroll Coordinator
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?