NHS

NHS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7,443 reviews

Found 7,443 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,011 reviews

Great to work for

Very understanding and supportive staff around you in some difficult environments. Easy to make friends and gives a good work life balance. Good to get foot in the door

Challenging but supportive

I trained as a PWP and I was lucky enough to be kept on once I qualified. The team are very supportive and they are aware that working as a PWP is very demanding. Work-life balance is a challenge but management are aware of this, but unfortunately it is the nature of working as a PWP. The service try to support you in anyway they can.

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

High workload

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Beneficial

You learn lifelong valued skills within healthcare.If you are in the right team it can be very enjoyable to work. Some teams often have clicks especially from the older the staff. If the team is good it makes your day much better

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Work load, stress

a very stressful place to work

NHS is a place to work, your first week at work is very interesting because you have to interact with people from different background and culture, but apart from that, nothing good about working in NHS, full of bullying, discrimination, intimidation and stressfull.

Radiographer

Worked here 22 years. Secure employment, decent pension, good annual leave days. Overtime a constant, always available due to being understaffed consistantly

Cons

Stressful, frustrating

supportive

Very supportive structures in place. especially in more stressful roles. Friendy welcoming staff. Some clicks but they weren't toxic. just likeminded

Over stretched team, understaffed and stressful !

Nursing is understaffed and the nurses and teams in nhs as a whole are expected to work under stressful and risky to patient situations. Poor support for same reason and I found there to be a culture of cliques and favouritism. The job is a reliable source of income but nhs has changed due to all the cut backs affecting patient experience and resulting in low morale at work with little job satisfaction.

Can be fun

Difficult job but rewarding. Sometimes work can be very fast paced and overwhelming, sometimes it can be very quiet. People are willing to help you and most shifts are great.

Stressful

Almost every day is exhausting, I felt like I was burnt out all the time. I personally had minimal support and often hated reaching work in the morning.

Worked with a great team

Managed to join a very supportive team. Learned a lot from my time spent there. Work will vary depending on your role and position so I am only speaking from my personal experience.

Enhanced payments the only good thing

No support through management. They preach staff well being but will swap you from day shifts to night shifts weekly with no in between. If you ask for any stability for shifts you get none. You get paid less that a care home wage for a HCA other than for nights and sundays. It’s the most stressful job and not worth the money. They say they will support you through courses however no one will do that.

Good culture, secure employment

I worked for the NHS in a clinical setting for around 10 years. I worked in a variety of settings including ED, palliative care, paediatrics and community. Staff on the whole are happy to be at work. Especially in the community. Here, staff are well looked after, and treated fairly. Of course there is job pressure, but it is manageable. Pay is in line with National pay grades throughout the NHS. You are well supported if sick. Generally there is a good culture of teamwork. CPD is very well supported, and appropriate time off given for this. Job security is excellent.

Pros

CPD support

Cons

Long hours, and can be intense

Happy and Nice working atmosphere, stable job with nhs. Clear job duties and nice colleagues and supervisors. Work life balance without overtime working.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Low Salary

Good culture

Good colleagues and work environment, good progression opportunities for those who want it as well. Would recommend to anyone. Pay is fair and reasonable.

Nhs

Good employersFew opportunities once you reach the top of your bandingGreat job satisfaction and more often than not supportive and friendly colleagues

Pros

Job satisfaction

Don’t do the apprenticeship

No opportunity to progress. Management don’t care about staff. The apprenticeship is so unorganised and once you have completed it there isn’t much opportunity to progress.

Pros

Helping people

Cons

Lots

Safe secure job

Good secure job, good pay. Good opportunity to advance or change careers in the trust if you wish to. Everyone is mainly friendly and respectful of each other.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Non

Overworked for little money

Secure job, good managementBut overworked, expect the impossibleHorrible working conditions, red hot, no circulating air. Can't even get a drink because your too busy.

flexibility but stressful

stressful and underpaid, some benefits such as flexibility of working pattern. management can sometimes be difficult, colleagues are generally helpful

Love working for NHS

I love my job at the NHS but I would like some degree of flexibility to be given for parents of toddlers who don’t have any childcare or are struggling to get childcare.

It was my first serious job

I worked as a hospital porter and it was a great experience, the work is hard alot of walking and pushing heavy gear but the staff are generally nice and as a porter there is a sense of family within the work place and all that goes along with that type of environment

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement