NHS
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

NHS

NHS Employee Review

Brilliant management

East London Foundation Trust is one of the best! They have always been outstanding when CQC have been to inspect. The team were amazing and management was very accommodating to their staff’s. I felt very happy working there. My opinions and feelings were always considered. I only left this job because I wanted a change of career.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Difficult to work your way up on career ladder

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Supportive working culture.

Rewarding work. Excellent training & development. Can be stressful & emotionally exhausting. Not well paid for typical roles.It’s possible to make enduring friendships with colleagues, who are generally decent people.

Pros

Working with great colleagues.

Cons

Long shifts for Nursing jobs.
Same role

Supportive and friendly place to work

One of the nicest places that I have ever worked, staff are very friendly and supportive, excellent training and someone always available to help you. I worked within therapy which includes physio and occupational therapy, I really enjoyed working with the patients, they were always really appreciative of the help we gave them. I loved physio but did not enjoy occupational therapy as much as it was slower paced but both teams are amazing and I would recommend this job to anyone.

Pros

Great team spirit.

Cons

Not much parking unless you pay to use staff car park.
Same location

4 years and multiple let downs

If you have a team player work ethic and struggle to say no to you will suffer for your kindness. Overworking employees to compensate for the constant lack of staffing is not a long term solution, but they will apply that pressure on you anyway. Very rarely will you be recognised for your dedication and hard work - if they do it will lack sincerity. I was fortunate to have a lovely manager for 2 and a half years when I first joined Croydon NHS, however as I started to move on to other roles within the department I worked for, that quickly became my last pleasant experience there. Late hours, excessive work load, pressure from stressed colleagues and an extremely toxic work culture. You will quickly discover that the toxic gossip culture is not so much with immediate team members but within the senior management teams. Constant breaches of staff confidentiality and insensitivity. Took a promotion that included on the job studying and it was the worst experience I have ever had in my educational career purely because of the workplace. They are not equipped to help or support students that they receive funding for and expect the cohort to meet the standards of long standing colleagues overnight - I eventually left without completing the amazing course I had enrolled into and lost all my hard work. I would strongly caution anyone looking to work in Croydon Pharmacy.

Pros

Drug lunches on a Tuesday, overtime is easy to access, time and half pay, entry level jobs are plenty

Cons

Long hours, pay increment capped after a number of yrs, toxic environment, lack of inspiration to pursue higher roles, most managers are dreadful sources of support

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement