NHS
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

NHS

NHS Employee Review

Can be fun

Difficult job but rewarding. Sometimes work can be very fast paced and overwhelming, sometimes it can be very quiet. People are willing to help you and most shifts are great.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

The most rewarding but stressful job ever

Lets start on a good note, this job is so rewarding and the gratitude you get from the patients you look after make the time at work a bit better.Management within the ward is awful and never get any recognition or thanks for working your fingers to the bone. What is expected from employees is far too much for the amount of patients you have to look after, the hours you are expected to work and the lack of support from other staff.

Pros

gratitude from patients and their families

Cons

long hours no support from ward staff
Same role

I thought I'd be proud to work for the NHS but...

I thought I'd be proud to work for the NHS but the reality is that they're all overworked, underpaid and there's far too much money wasted on senior staff. The shifts are brutal form start to end. The rosta's are harsh and not always given in plenty of time for you to plan your life around.
Same role

I personally would work for NHS again

Not something I would like to do again in the future.For more than one reason. The NHS has a lot off good people working really hard and love what they do. But for me I would rather work in the private sector.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Can be fun
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?