NHS
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

NHS

NHS Employee Review

Good culture, secure employment

I worked for the NHS in a clinical setting for around 10 years. I worked in a variety of settings including ED, palliative care, paediatrics and community. Staff on the whole are happy to be at work. Especially in the community. Here, staff are well looked after, and treated fairly. Of course there is job pressure, but it is manageable. Pay is in line with National pay grades throughout the NHS. You are well supported if sick. Generally there is a good culture of teamwork. CPD is very well supported, and appropriate time off given for this. Job security is excellent.

Pros

CPD support

Cons

Long hours, and can be intense

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Stressful work place

You'll find it hard trying to get a day off but as expected the nhs is struggling don't think you get paid enough for what you deal with people on a salary are usually over worked and don't get any credit for it

Unsupported

Band 7’s give little support and not visible to staff. Spend day in the office and not interested in staff. Complaints not taken serious and issues with equipment ignore and not escalated.

I have found the NHS an excellent place to work. The wage could be a little better, but you are given job security and a good work life balance. Management here is very good - they really take an interest in their staff and constantly strive for improvement. I would recommend working for the NHS.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement