NHS
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

NHS

NHS Employee Review

Good place to work, friendly managers who recognise good people, it's a shame that to advance here that the managers are excluded from recognising and having an input to the NHS office admid types that sit at a desk in london and have never done the job before,and for that, I would say that the managers you directly work for recognise your hard work but ultimately your future dependency lies with upper management that have no clue what a good worker is.The NHS is ran ultimately by people that have no clue who is a good loyal worker is!The managers you directly work for are excellent in my opinion.

Pros

Good friendly colleagues, Job satisfaction in helping people Flexible hours Do not take the job home with you

Cons

Very poor recognition from London based managers, box tickers.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Very exhausting at times, not appreciated

I loved working for the NHS when I started portering 3 years ago, but since covid and all the backlog that has built up, we’re (overworked) (under staffed) (underpaid) (unappreciated) basically not a good place to work now, everyone tries their best, but when your understaffed the strain you can feel as soon as you start your shift until you finish it, I’m trying very hard now to get employment elsewhere, I never thought I’d feel like that this in nhs, but it is what it is, and all you hear is off staff is, I’m leaving,They are already thousands short of staff, and the way we are being treated that’s only going to get worse not better, so the ones that are still in there have the burden of covering up the staffing problems by doing extra themselves, which is taking it’s toll, I’m disgusted at the government for they’re failure in allowing this to happen in the first place, it’s pretty simple to be honest, give a pay that reflects the work that we all do, that in turn will help bring back some staff and encourage others to join nhs, and start appreciating what every staff member is going through in these hard time, I’m a very sad man that feels, as do thousands of others, under appreciated, underpaid, overworked, and that basically is it in a nutshell 😞
Same role

It was my first serious job

I worked as a hospital porter and it was a great experience, the work is hard alot of walking and pushing heavy gear but the staff are generally nice and as a porter there is a sense of family within the work place and all that goes along with that type of environment
Same location

Busy but the good kind

It’s not for the light hearted! But met some lovely people and rewarding job! Enjoyed it! Was very full on and all hands on deck. Understaffed at times, but the helping others is definitely worth it!

Pros

Lunch discount

Cons

Long days

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Great bunch of co workers once they get to know you are a hard worker and earn there respect.