NHS
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

NHS

NHS Employee Review

It was my first serious job

I worked as a hospital porter and it was a great experience, the work is hard alot of walking and pushing heavy gear but the staff are generally nice and as a porter there is a sense of family within the work place and all that goes along with that type of environment

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Great bunch of co workers once they get to know you are a hard worker and earn there respect.

Good place to work, friendly managers who recognise good people, it's a shame that to advance here that the managers are excluded from recognising and having an input to the NHS office admid types that sit at a desk in london and have never done the job before,and for that, I would say that the managers you directly work for recognise your hard work but ultimately your future dependency lies with upper management that have no clue what a good worker is.The NHS is ran ultimately by people that have no clue who is a good loyal worker is!The managers you directly work for are excellent in my opinion.

Pros

Good friendly colleagues, Job satisfaction in helping people Flexible hours Do not take the job home with you

Cons

Very poor recognition from London based managers, box tickers.
Same role

You have a sense of achievement when you are working as a porter. The N H S is a great place to work as there is a great team spirt and every body gets on great.
Same location

One of the few places where I felt welcome

It doesn’t matter how old you are, if you are disabled, or if you have learning disabilities the nhs needs you. It is honestly been one of the best places I e worked. I have never been ridiculed for being me. If the job had not ended, I would still be there now.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • It was my first serious job