NHS
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

NHS

NHS Employee Review

Poor Management

I might have been unlucky but this was my experience. Some of the Managers are lacking Management and people skills. There are far too busy doing the work that their staff should be doing and not completing their own work. The ratio of management to staff in the department I work in was around 1:3. With the correct level of staff the ratio might be right. But in my opinion they will not attract or retain staff with some of their management teams in place. The skills needed n management's ate lacking with some of the Management team. However, there are a some that are perfectly ok. But the bad ones spoilt the experience for me. The pay is extremely poor in the administration area and doesn't reflect the responsibilities or stress levels. No morning or afternoon breaks outside of the lunch hour on a 7.5 hr shift. Staff Car parking is poor and expensive. 3 Days a week costs 24.00 a month which is the same for a full timer. In my experience no mentors were in place for new starters leaving me to feel isolated from peers on the department. Which doesn't create a team environment. Staff are not provided with performance results so they are not receiving constructive or positive feedback on a regular basis which impacts on motivation.

Pros

Plenty of vacancies

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, some weak management, heavy workloads and low moral in some teams.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Exhausting work, with very little appreciation

As a receptionist and admin assistant I found the work exhausting, so no wonder there’s a high turnover of staff. Seems to be little appreciation by management of how above and beyond their staff go. My manager never put in place reasonable adjustments and worked people like dogs. There is no thanks for anything you may do, and your only appreciation is the pay.

Pros

Camaraderie amongst staff

Cons

Long hours, no reasonable adjustments
Same role

Always something to do

I enjoy my time working as admin for NHS as I get to meet new people and I’m always busy so time goes quick! I work as bank staff so I am out in different departments and I get to learn new things everyday.

Pros

Get to leave on time

Cons

Understaffed
Same location

Ok

It was an ok job for an ok service. You were treat ok and pay was ok however patients not aways put first. Struggles year on year with money then wasting money on stuid unnecessary things.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement