NHS
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

NHS

NHS Employee Review

Stressful work place

You'll find it hard trying to get a day off but as expected the nhs is struggling don't think you get paid enough for what you deal with people on a salary are usually over worked and don't get any credit for it

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Interactive

Working on the switchboard and 1st contact for enquiries face to face. I have learned to be more patient in dealing with people as over the phone many calls received are from patients who aren't quite sure of whom they want to contact. Therefore, listening, comunicating and being patient are vital skills for the role. I get on well with my seniors as well as team members and juniors. Together we have created a fun and comfortable working environment. The most difficult part of the role is to be compassionate when receiving calls from pateint kins that are distressed with an outcome after assessment i.e. cancer, tumour, terminal illness, and trying to provide phone support by giving them the time they need just to have a chat. Sometimes it becomes very emotional and mentally draining. However, whilst working at RNOH, it feels good to know that I've made a difference in someones' day, no matter how small.

Pros

Sense of satisfaction when helping people and working with a wonderful team.

Cons

Night Shifts and no weekends OFF
Same location

Great working environment

The NHS is one of the best employers for all aspects, although I think sometimes things issues can be overlooked and not dealt with and that erodes confidence and self esteem.

Pros

Pension and hours

Cons

Management could be more proactive
Same location

Domestic

Fantastic job - cannot fault the staff more for their accommodation and support in the job, you're never looked down on for simply being the cleaner and you're always supported.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement