NHS

Aberdeen40 reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,846 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Good culture

Good colleagues and work environment, good progression opportunities for those who want it as well. Would recommend to anyone. Pay is fair and reasonable.

Caring and collaborative staff genuinely caring for patients

Staff generally are incredibly dedicated to their job role and collaborative across the MDT. Great opportunity for learning new skills and exposure to such a variety of clinical presentation. Rotations are good and varied as well as opportunity to progress quickly. Some great networking also to further progress development.

Pros

Great development/learning

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Boring and repetitive a

I work in the maintenance department and the management are a joke all they want to do is employ more managers, I've never worked in a place that's had so much management its costing the nhs so much money when that cash could be injected back into more man power on the work shop floor and training for the people that do the work and also use the people with good skillsets to make there working day more interesting instead of getting them to do the same mind numbing tasks each day ,I've put myself forward to management so much times but they knock me back because I haven't got the certificates ,I've worked in the oil and gas industry for 16 years before I joined the nhs and and all my work was mechanical orientated but they dont seem to recognise this it's so frustrating.

If i could give this job 0 stars, I would.

Very few people are happy in their job and this makes it very difficult to remain positive.The hours were long, we are overworked and understaffed.My work life balance was not good.I felt unsupported by management.

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

Long hours, Low staffing levels, Little support from management, Blame culture, Bad work life balance, Very few people are happy in their job

Great. Company

Great company to work for can be abit stressful at times. Mangers always helpful if have a problem. You need a strong head for the sites you can see sometimes

Clean environment to work in and left do work without any hassles, always someone to ask for help if you need it , good job satisfaction friendly staff .

Pros

Flexible / friendly / warm

Cons

Not enough hours

Rewarding job it’s hard work but so worth it plus you gain experience

I have loved working in social care and nursing so rewarding it’s great place to meet people and learn new skills you are giving yyrself to help others who need help and looking after its a vocation not a job

Pros

Uniform provided yu get yyr breaks

Cons

Can be long hours but over few days then you are off few days

Productive workplace

In NHS is still a lot discrimination, I think need to be verified people professionalism, people need to be more respect but also take responsibility for their behaviour generally there is no way to complain

Productive and fun place to work

Lovely working environment, managers are flexible and able to work with your home/ job demands within reason to allow for a better working environment. Lots of areas to work, different specialties that offer on the job training, which helps to keep your skills updated and provide new ones.

Pros

Good work and home balance

Cons

Not the best pay

Nice workplace

Very nice enviroment staff help eachother Well organised helpfu;l people close from home good squeme pension breaks afre nice to share with collegues

Good workplace, friendly and helpful staff.

Rewarding and interesting organisation to work for. A wide variety of tasks and opportunities alongside working with colleagues who are willing to assist in achieving positive outcomes.

a good system

The hospital I work it does things right, the staff are helpful and the care provided is at a good standard. As an agency staff member I always feel nervous going into a new ward but so far I have only positive experiences

Pros

great staff

Support worker

Look after people in their own homes help with personal care make meals medication prompts and generally have a good old chinwag with them. Would like to try something different now

NHS grampian is a brilliant organisation & i absolutely love my job & the members of staff from my department, we all pull together as a team when need be. Supervisors are amazing & very helpful & understanding in all situations. I would highly recommend a job within the NHS

Pros

Great rate of pay, Good bonuses working for nhs, Great pension scheme, Decent breaks, Good food, Friendly staff

Great Employer

Very supportive and nurturing environment with great progression routes. very hard working teams of people striving toward a common goal: to assist and support the NHS

Good place to work at times, never the same day twice in a row.

I enjoy my job enormously and can truly say I've never been bored with it. I have to thank my peers for educating me about my career and showing me the ropes.

Pros

great work to do.

Challenging and productive job

A typical day of work with NHS are how to look after with the patients,visitors and relatives. And as nursing auxillary a gain lots of experience and learned new things which I can use in the future and my daily lives. The Management are making sure the all their employees are safe with our job,providing our needs and have an updated training connected with our job. And applying with any kind of job there'a time that you feel its hard but you just need to enjoy it on your own and fashionable way..

Pros

The benefits for the staff

Poorly managed

Long periods spent in meetings productivity is low due time wasted in meetings. Staff can easily over rule the managers which meant there was little or no control.

Pros

Pension

Cons

Indecisiveness

Enjoy working for NHS

Enjoy working at my work place as its very handy for me to get to and love working with the team. I enjoy working and learning more from the professional's that I work along side.

Pros

close to home

Cons

not enough hours

understaffed

I worked for the outpatients administration bank. More often than not I felt under pressure and we were understaffed. Pay was good and hours too. I enjoyed working in the Woolmann Hill site which is now I believe closed.

Positive

Medical prescription analysis through a computer system allowed me to grasp new forms of software as well as enhance my talent on MS Excel. Although the job required communication with other branches, the teamwork and camaraderie was phenomenal.

Pros

Flexible hours

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Aberdeen
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?