NHS

Airdrie6 reviews

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,011 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Straightforward great job

I have worked many shift patterns and all have pros and cons but ultimately great place to work. The weekend shift was fantastic, the staff are amazing and i was sad to leave.

Very exhausting at times, not appreciated

I loved working for the NHS when I started portering 3 years ago, but since covid and all the backlog that has built up, we’re (overworked) (under staffed) (underpaid) (unappreciated) basically not a good place to work now, everyone tries their best, but when your understaffed the strain you can feel as soon as you start your shift until you finish it, I’m trying very hard now to get employment elsewhere, I never thought I’d feel like that this in nhs, but it is what it is, and all you hear is off staff is, I’m leaving,They are already thousands short of staff, and the way we are being treated that’s only going to get worse not better, so the ones that are still in there have the burden of covering up the staffing problems by doing extra themselves, which is taking it’s toll, I’m disgusted at the government for they’re failure in allowing this to happen in the first place, it’s pretty simple to be honest, give a pay that reflects the work that we all do, that in turn will help bring back some staff and encourage others to join nhs, and start appreciating what every staff member is going through in these hard time, I’m a very sad man that feels, as do thousands of others, under appreciated, underpaid, overworked, and that basically is it in a nutshell 😞

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,875 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

A good place to do my work experience

During my week of work experience I was tasked with dealing with the mail and delivering the mail throughout the Health Centre. I was also tasked with pulling and filing records along with photocopying duties. I enjoyed the experience as it allowed me to have a small insight into what it would be like in a job and it also allowed me to develop and learn skills that I could use such as managing my time efficiently and working as a team with others who I had never met before.

Educational and productive work place

Working for the NHS was a great experience. I got to work in a very professional environment and learned a lot from the colleagues around me and from the Managers responsible for the department i worked in

Pros

great working hours

Eight Years of Memories

Typical day at work - Provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative services including using NHS computer systems, dealing with nursing staff and patients and relatives. Using data protection policies, processing patient details, answering phones, taking referrals from different wards, filing, inputting data on various internal and external systems. I learned a lot about myself working within the NHS and gained qualifications I never would have achieved under any other circumstances. Management were always supportive but co-workers were very hard to deal with. It was hard dealing with the day to day of the NHS especially with all the internal politics but overall my time with the NHS was enjoyable. Sometimes you just need to move on.

I enjoyed working there you got a good laugh some days with the patients I learned a lot of colour coding of the cleaning equipment .

I loved working in this eviorment every day was different the general public are so many different characters .you learn every day on how to deal with their different natures .i had a great manager who had great patience on showing you different jobs and the other staff were good to work with because you were made to feel like part of the family and a great team.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Airdrie
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?