NHS

NHS Reviews in Bangor

Bangor11 reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,852 reviews

clicky but ok

the pay is ok but the people working there are not nice some are ok. management is very poor and biased. the job is very repetitive and boring.The supervisors do not know what they are doing very underappreciated, no team work very individualistic and a lot of preferred treatments to older staff

If you care you will.love it if you dont you wont

You need to love caring problem.solving working fast and slow putting people first taking time to help people being discreet to abiding by rules good time kerping wanting to be part of a teem and working in that teem togeather not being afraid to ask for help from feeding to cleaning to chatting and confidentuality a must

Pros

Always learning

Cons

Seeing saddness

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,241 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Work placement more secure if your related to someone 'high up'

I loved the fast pace of working for the NHS and the fact that I was helping the public was very dear to me. Unfortunately I was advised to take sick leave to recover from early cancer treatment. I was subsequently fired as I was 'unreliable' I was told in my disciplinary meeting that I was banned from working for the NHS ever again and was asked to leave immediately.

nhsbt

nhsbt is a brilliant place to work for .answering phonecalls .help people .no day is the same .the hardest part of the job is difficult customers at times but it is not regular

Guaranteed work

Always work available. Good Pension. Jobs all around the country, can relocate to other areas. Lots of different specialities to experience and further knowledge.

Pros

Guaranteed work

Cons

Too many managers

Well managed contact centre

One of the better contact centres. Treated well and accommodate when they can. Very good training and feedback. Fun and lively to work in. Very secure

sum

good bennefits not much progression available shifts arent great good pension good support system staff member easy to talk to at all times fun days

Pros

pension

Cons

shifts

Dispenser, stock control

I currently work for the NHS in a hospital pharmacy in north Wales (Bangor). It is a job I enjoy but I want to move closer to family and would like to continue to carry on working in this profession.

mundane and non beneficial

Started this job a year ago, been disappointed most of the way through. Bad management throughout, no leadership, all haphazard, been left to my own devices and to learn and find things out for myself in a brand new role, I knew nothing about.

Pros

Cons

good holiday entitlement and sick pay.

Rewarding job

Sort out patients transport, prep ward rounds, answering the telephone, typing letters for specialist nurses, booking appointments for patients to come to iron clinics and to see specialist nurses, dealing with the public and patients, filing, sorting casenotes out and communicating with Ambulance transport. Love working with my co-workers as they are like my second family. Hardest part would be when we lose patients as we get so attached to them as we see them 3 times a week. I love working within a team.

Pros

Talking to the patients

Cons

Far to travel to work

informative and innovative

a day starts with the residents after say hello to them. then the time for medication..we share the job inbetween our co workers..work allowcation for the caring staff.monotoring of their work..chatting with the residents ,engages them in more activities..to understand the feelings ofd residents in their old age and help them for their all of the needs.sometimes the short off staff and the tiome consumiong can alter the balance of work .then also its a sweet place to work..

Pros

free snacks

Cons

short off staff

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement