NHS

NHS Reviews in Bath

Bath38 reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,836 reviews

Good trust to work for

Some wards very fast pace and stressful. Manegment not very supportive. Work is hard but rewarding ,staff are very welcoming and friendly. Good training for staff .

The most rewarding but stressful job ever

Lets start on a good note, this job is so rewarding and the gratitude you get from the patients you look after make the time at work a bit better.Management within the ward is awful and never get any recognition or thanks for working your fingers to the bone. What is expected from employees is far too much for the amount of patients you have to look after, the hours you are expected to work and the lack of support from other staff.

Pros

gratitude from patients and their families

Cons

long hours no support from ward staff

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

A great place to work

I loved working as an ODP at the RUH. The team were fantastic and everyone worked well together; I felt truly well supported by my management team and could approach both my line and senior manager about any issues.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Shift work, parking

Stressful. Unpaid overtime. Unappreciated.

Constantly understaffed so extremely stressful.Abuse from patients and visitors a regular occurrence.No managerial support.Lack of staff mean you never leave shift on time.NOT family friendly hours. 12.5 hour shifts and rotational so everyone has to do both days and nights.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Physically and mentally challenging. No support from management

Nhs-but not as you know it!

Nhs PS is a London-centric organisation run by external consultants who don’t care about you. They think they know it all as well. Really awful place to work. Strongly advise to look elsewhere. Full of people looking to climb all over you for their own ends. Do not think you are joining the NHS which is a caring and nurturing organisation. This is the exact opposite!

Fast paced, exciting and friendly

Worked in the oncology pharmacy department with a small team of highly skilled pharmacists. I liaised with the main pharmacy and the Lloyds pharmacy departments on a daily basis. I would take in, label, dispense and hand out prescriptions for the chemotherapy and radiotherapy departments. Communicate with the specialist nurses in all areas within oncology and take phone calls from patients. I would also order stock from suppliers and liaise with the procurement team on any issues. I really enjoyed my time here and made new friends both at the hospital and in the city of Bath. The workplace was friendly and the management exceptional.

Pros

free lunch on occasion, good management, small team, friendly

Great team work

I love working as a ward clerk everyone is so friendly and helpful it is hard work and yes the salary could be better but after working in a gp surgery this job is a doddle compared. Great management team would definitely recommend working for the hospital love it .

Pros

Great work balance

Cons

Better pay would be good

Its a trap

I got sucked in. The parking situation is awful, you have to pay for a permit even if you are unable to park. Understaffed and well underpaid. Too many things are swept under the rug when CQC turn up.

productive and fun workplace.

A typical day of a Health care Assistant: AM - finish breakfast, get patients up, assist them with a wash,toileting patients help the nurses with dressings, observations, sitting patients up for meals, pre-meal blood sugars, serving meals, feeding patients if necessary PM - toileting, getting patients back to bed, afternoon teas, observations, regular two-hourly turning of patients,assisting nurses with jobs they may need doing, prepare patients for tea time, getting them up and out of bed, serve tea, putting patients back to bed after tea, doing evening teas, During the day- answer calls, deliver messages, assist family members if needed, taken patients to appointments, completing documentation that is required, During my time in the trust i have learned many skills including computer systems, using the bleep system/ phone, and good communication skills. I also have learned to respect and to be open mined about others and their beliefs/ life choice. The management system reasonable and understanding situations that may occur in daily life. The workplace culture is very sociable and friendly. This reflects on the quality of care we give to our patients and this is noted by the patients. The hardest part of the job is that we don't have enough staff. this means we are rushed with time and us a s nurses dot feel we have enough time to spend with out patients to give exceptional care. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is everything. There is not one bit i don't like about it. i love spending time with people.

Pros

Pension, Social life and Job security

Cons

Paying for parking, Limited staff and Salary

Few to work, thousands in offices

Joined RUH a few years ago as Health Care Assistant. You must fight really hard to be able to help patients. Close group of people guards their salaries, sitting in the offices and sipping tea all the time. The worst place I had ever worked and I have been working in Health and Social Care sector for 20 years. Doctors and office workers no morale at all. Against few nurses and assisting them staff.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Bullying, harassment, patients crying for help

poor

awful workign environemnt and immensely strsssufl and disorganised. would not recommednas NHS is close to collapse. very harsh working environemnt for admin staff.

Outstanding NHS Foundation Trust

Employees feel valued and they have a voice. Patients also have a voice and RUH listen and learn and, change what could be done better. A leading NHS Employer Drives change and the staff and patients being the key leaders to inform and influence

Pros

Driven by targets

Cons

We all have a voice that they listen to.

An excellent Trust

Job mainly a hand holding exercise with generally an excellent quality of staff who in the main had been with the Trust for many years, but un-typically were still open to ways to improve. Liaison with senior finance executives did prove problematic but this was due mainly to problems in negotiating 2018/19 contracts.

Pros

Third time as the RUH

Cons

Travelling in poor road conditions in Februaryand March

Good for some not for others ...

In a nutshell I felt under payed, used and abused ... Policies are undermined by management to suit own agenda's, there was a strong sense of isolation and exclusion. Bullying does occur and is kept under wraps and within closed circles. Power and influence seem to be common politics at the hospital. Overall, it's good for some and not for others.

Pros

Helping people can be rewarding

Cons

Workplace politics and bullying

Great organization to work for

Supportive trust to work for, continually striving for excellence on a daily basis. Training and development that is provided is beyond exceptional for your career development

Pros

flexible working and supportive

Cons

travelling personal thing

Low salary

Too much responsibility for the salary. Learn to deal with very specific item, only available in this sector. Totally lack of management. A clinical person can NOT handle a business operation.

Pros

long holidays

Cons

payment

Staff are hard working

Staff are under constant pressure they need more staff being trained rather having to many chiefs and no Indians over managed and under staffed. I think there are to many people in high salaries and the people who work the hardest are on minimum wage...

Great

I have worked with this company as a contractor. They are fantastic to deal with, very friendly and professional. They treat their freelancers very well

Great workplace

Great place to work around other people and learn new expirerences. I worked 11-7pm monday - friday where i cleaned and worked along side nurses, doctors, healthcare assisants and paitients.

Pros

New expirecences

Cons

Long Hours

Flexible and good

I'm a bank in the trust. I enjoy working here. It is very flexible and no time pressure. The staff are friendly and nice with new members. The people are very nice and most kind to the patients. We are all safe and secure working here.

Pros

Friend ly staff

Working hours

Worked 6-2, Monday to Friday on one ward, overtime always available as well, co workers I always got along with too. the day is set out so it's a routine everyday, never finished later then 2pm.

Pros

Meeting new people everyday

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Bath
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?