NHS

NHS Reviews in Bedford

Bedford17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,845 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

It was my first serious job

I worked as a hospital porter and it was a great experience, the work is hard alot of walking and pushing heavy gear but the staff are generally nice and as a porter there is a sense of family within the work place and all that goes along with that type of environment

One of the few places where I felt welcome

It doesn’t matter how old you are, if you are disabled, or if you have learning disabilities the nhs needs you. It is honestly been one of the best places I e worked. I have never been ridiculed for being me. If the job had not ended, I would still be there now.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Busy workplace

Very fast paced busy environment.Working under pressure on a daily basis.Job satisfaction when you feel you have given your patient a good experience.Friendly supportive work environment.Supportive and approachable management.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

No breaks

Long shift were hard but loved every moment. All the staff are friendly and caring they make you feel relaxed and included.You get full training and it is to a high standard. Anything you want to learn then ask and time will be set aside to help you in every aspect of the job.

Pros

Great team to work with.

Welcoming and Supportive

I've only been here for a short time but the team are really lovely and supportive. The hardest part of the job is not being able to access the systems yet. Once that's resolved then things will be a lot easier.

awful place to work for

Management do not care about staff and staff are overworked and if you speak out they find a way to get rid of you . No training and of you are not qualified staff there is no way to advance your career

Pros

Cons

long hours and low pay and blame culture

educational and helping others

every day at 111 is never the same it helps those that are in need of help to get the best support they need. when i started here i was not to sure whether it would be the job for me but looking at nearly 2 years on and all the lives i have saved and all the friends i have made i would never change it.

Pros

over time

Repetitive work

Day to day tasks were very repetitive and became very boring after a short while How to use various systems, and a lot of data entry Management was okay, slightly biased towards certain staff when it came to start and finish times. Workplace culture was dull, and quite boring at times Hardest part of the job was management expecting you to do the work without showing you what to do Enjoyable team to work with, sometimes.

Pros

Start and finish times

Cons

Biased manager

people orientated

Working in the NHS gave me the opportunity to work in many different areas of care and to care for people of all ages and from many different walks of life.

Extremely not a good team

Very poor management and can be sacked at anytime. unexperience manager and very subjective No diversity within the trust apart from Brockfield house and would not recommend people of colour to work there

Busy bees

It was my first job in nursing and it wasn't in my country nor in my monthertongue which made things harder if possible. The place was always very busy. Most of days we were short of staff or the work load was unmanageable. Anyhow I did learn loads. From the ward, from the patients, from the culture. My colleagues were the very best. Excellent professionals and always very helpful. Thank God.

Pros

Flexible working days

Cons

Word load

Excellent Work Culture

NHS - very enjoyable place to work and most of all; satisfying. Great benefits overall. Lots of scope for further development. Excellent pension scheme.

Poor environment due to management.

The management are extremely unsupportive. I watched colleagues ask for more hours, but they would rather hire more staff instead. High staff turn over due to this. No team moral whatsoever, it's very much every person for themselves. Lots of negativity and staff regularly slagging off patients.

Pros

Great benefits. Nurses lovely to work alongside.

Cons

Parking issues.

Not applicable

This was a locum post, based in two different teams, within Mental Health Services. Overall, I found this to be an interesting, valuable and good experience.

Pros

Flexibility in location and hours of work

Cons

No free on site parking

Stressful environment

Exceptionally busy, very demanding and for very little pay. Enjoy job as my co-workers are very good company and make the time less stressful. The hardest part of the job is remaining calm at all times.

Pros

Learn alot about the NHS and the working of it.

Cons

Low wages.

A fast moving enviroment in which to work

Meeting clients in reception some of whom were difficult and ensuring that all the paperwork relating to their referrals was complete and passed on in a timely manner. Answering the telephone, taking messages. I learned a lot about how drug users felt and were treated As part of the NHS the management structure was very good and there was always someone to ask for advice or information. I worked for a very strong and supportive team The hardest part of the job was coping with the difficult clients and the most enjoyable was seeing the clients come through their recovery journey

Pros

excellent benefits

Cons

no parking / tea or coffee provided

Call centre environment, isolating, unhappy,

Answering call from members of public who are unwell and unsure of who or where they should go- see or do about the illness or symptoms.Managment are proffesional.Co- workers are in the main verynice, friendly , however are also unhappy, due to decomissiong of NHS Direct and the effect this has on those that remain as lot of staff have left.The hardest part of the job is the shere volume of calls.The most enjoyable is the reward in directing the patient to right clinician - or service - ie Accident and Emergency dept, The General practitioner , Out of Hours Drs Service , calling an Ambulance or simply giving selfe care advise to the patient when appropriate

Pros

well paid

Cons

work every weekend and all bank holidays - no time with family

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement