NHS

Belfast5 reviews

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,843 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Exciting place to work

Great opertunities with helpful and supportive colleagues who make work life easier. Fast paced environment with constant chances to learn something new

Worked with a great team

Managed to join a very supportive team. Learned a lot from my time spent there. Work will vary depending on your role and position so I am only speaking from my personal experience.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun workplace

Good team work I worked 20-30 hours a week morning , noon and night I was there for summer relief. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.

Informative and educational experience

Brief description of duties: • To provide support to qualified staff in the management and execution of clinical practice. • Liaise and answer queries from the patients and all members of the staff. • Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and visitors at reception. • Arrange and update appointments and requests for home visits including emergencies. • Check- in patients when they arrive for appointments. • Maintain and update doctors regarding lab links blood results. • Respond to all incoming phone calls promptly and courteously and transfer or take messages as appropriate. • Prepare repeat prescriptions for GP’s signature. • File all patient correspondence in the respective patient’s file. • Update and maintain patient information i.e. contact details. • Sort and distribute mail and hospital referrals. • Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment, issue receipts and record all transactions. • Printing and word processing for the practice as required. My co-workers were very friendly, helpful people who were compassionate and passionate about helping patients.

Pros

Speaking to patients and counselling them, listening to their personal stories, ensuring that they leave feeling a bit better than when they came in.

Cons

The hardest aspect of the job was when the patients were very demanding, this required me to learn how to be more assertive.

Easy going

Good atmosphere at work, good staff. Learning lots of new things on daily basis. Lots of training offered, good induction.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Long working hours

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement