NHS

Blackpool38 reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,841 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

No comment

Bad culture for bullying. Staff work long hours, breaks under management discretion. Sickness viewed as letting your workmates down. Agency staff paid more and can pretty much do nothing. No ivs no critical meds no care with patients.

supportive

Very supportive structures in place. especially in more stressful roles. Friendy welcoming staff. Some clicks but they weren't toxic. just likeminded

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Fair workplace

Since starting at this company in general practice I have experienced nothing but fair and helpful advice from colleagues. There is always training available and always people to help with problems.

Good start for experience

A good experience working for the nhs, they provide good training and a base to develop further whether it is in the private sector or within the nhs.

great place to work,

Medical team are very supportive of my professional development. Nurses are very helpful. SOme issues on the senior nursing team due to lack of understanding on the role of an ACP. Overall, I can highly recommend working here

Volunteer Health Mentor

I thoroughly enjoyed volunteering at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. The staff were extremely friendly and encouraging. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the patients and hearing their stories. I would definitely recommend volunteering there.

great and effective place to work

having worked here the last few years I have developed great relationships between staff and patients. provided me with excellent skills that I can take with me to any job I do. great experience and a really enjoyable place to work.

Great workplace and workers

I always set out to brighten anyone and everyone's day while working at the NHS, there's always something to do and the patients enjoy the chats. The NHS welcomes anyone willing to lend a helping hand and it shows, the staff are friendly and extremely supportive so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Pros

Refunding Travel costs, discounts on food

Cons

N/a

A lovely corporate atmosphere headed by a fantastic entrepreneurial MD and Company Secretary. They were constantly driving and encouraging me to work with them to make positive changes to the organisation.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Hard to implement Change Management Transformation with staff

busy fast paced

I was working at this GP Surgery as a medical receptionist. I worked here from May 2016 to December 2017. During this time I dealt with phone calls and patients at the desk and helped them in every way I could. I have had online training and been to training classes to help me deal with different situations in the best possible way. I have learnt a lot during this role including how to care and help patients during their difficult times as well as getting to know patients and having a bond with them allowing them to trust me with their problems. I also had a lot of admin work to write up and process during this time.

challenging

Working within the hospital enviroment is very challenging but rewarding if you are passionate about your position which i am. The hardest part is finding you dont have enough time for people

busy but interesting

Working in the hospital helped me learn to try and balance my live in a very short free time. I enjoyed working in hospital even when it was very busy. After working 3 years in hospital I learned how to deal with stress and how to be able to work long hours.

placement in the hosptal

having placement in the hospital was good, there was alot of different patients that needed different care. there are multiple ways that you are able to learn when working in the hospital. you are able to gain alot of experience.

Nhs

Never had a problem working for the NHS i enjoyed it very much and cannot fault it from a workers point of view during the time that i worked under the NHS nursing bracket

Pros

good pay

Good working environment

Good working conditions and good management .very supportive staff ,provides best care for the patients. Reliable child friendly shifts available.salary is good ,Extra shifts available for the staff who r interested .

I have gained lots of experience from having a placement here. The staff are very warm and welcoming and are happy to teach you anything you would like to know.

Fun, fast paced, friendly environment

Excellent place to work, can be fun but very hard at times. Hours are very long. Staff take care of each other. Would recommend working here but recently figured this job is not for me. I have never worked in healthcare before this so the skills I have learned are amazing.. the best part about the job is that no two days are the same especially working on A&E you don't know what is going to come through the doors..

Pros

Learn so much

Cons

Productive challenging working within deprived area

Enjoyed working in challenging deprived area. Required good understanding of needs safeguarding , working with multidisciplinary teams , police, social services. Referring to appropriate services, mental health, drug dependency, enjoyed being team member.

Pros

Good job aspects. Secure

Cons

Not enough time to give good service to clients

fulfill and rewarding

part of a team , stressful and meet demands can be high,but rewarding when reach end of the day to know you have helped someone ,good pension ,poor salary for responsible tasks

Pros

pension

Cons

stressful

Staff Nurse

I think the NHS is going through a significant change. This isn't something that can be easily fixed. I have worked for the Trust for a while, however due to recent circumstances I have had to leave.

A productive and fun place to work, skills are shown to the NHS nurses; simulations are used for trainee doctors. This would be enjoyed by secondary school students undergoing work experience.

Pros

An insight on the NHS, good hours.

Cons

It can get repetitive

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Blackpool
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?