NHS

NHS Employee Reviews in Bradford

Bradford72 reviews

Found 72 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,949 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

I have found the NHS an excellent place to work. The wage could be a little better, but you are given job security and a good work life balance. Management here is very good - they really take an interest in their staff and constantly strive for improvement. I would recommend working for the NHS.

Productive and nice place to work

There can be times it can be stressful but not all the time, sometimes you feel like you are well supported by your team managers and very understanding about everybody's circumstances.Overall the pay is good but can be even greater if we had more better pay for the hard work we do here. However it is not bad pay but reasonable.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Productive and enjoyable

Great place to work.. been there over 14 years.. Great colleagues.. fairly good management.. Great opportunities to progress within the company. Weekend work available so pay quite good over the weekends and bank holidays.

Pros

Overtime opportunities

Cons

Can be non-stop calls

I am a current employee at BTHFT since 2015. I have worked on the ward as a peamnent HCA. I currently work at adult outpatient at st Luke's hospital. To keep ward skills I occasionally go on wards when I can through internal staffBank.There is plenty opportunities to enhance your career depending what level you would like to go upto.

Pros

Free uniform, medical, clinical training

Cons

Longer hours

Fun workplace

Staff lovely Work greatRewardingEveryone is treat the same no matter what role.Friendly team Always someone to help .Staff have gym .You can self refer to physio .

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Hrs depend on your role and if you are permanent or a bank staff

Rubbish

The trust is not family friendly, all they care about is working you to the limit, if your face fits you get to work up your ladder, if it doesn’t you get all rubbish shifts and rubbish areas to work.

Leeds NHS Trust

During my career I have worked with 5 NHS trusts across the region if West Yorkshire. If you genuinely cared about people and want to improve their lives and health, don’t waste your time working for the NHS. The overall culture is reminiscent of a primary school playground.

Pros

You have ‘NHS employee’ status

Cons

Long hours, bullying culture, poor patient care, short staffed, poor salary etc.

Covid Test Assistant

Work 4 on 4 off. It’s 13 hour shifts. Many Mobile Testing Managers think they’re special when they’re not. Left as one treated me and his staff badly.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Rubbish managers

Employed at hospital

Every day at work I felt unappreciated and not listened to. A lot of nurses are arrogant and expect the health carers to do what they can’t be bothered doing.

Pros

Some nice nurses and health cares

Cons

Arrogance

Good caring people, committed to betterment of patients and staff.

Complex being acute service sectorOverwhelming not enough time to learn the roleManagement professional, dedicatedFriendly, considerate, professionalChallenging, little time to learnNo two days the same, not boring

Pros

Off street parking

Cons

Off street parking

Bullying from Trust HQ and CEO

The bullying culture at the Trust HQ is the worst I have ever seen, one of the Executive Directors was stripped of her title due to bullying complaints, but went on to continue her behaviour under the Acting CEO and the new CEO, without question. Many complaints were made against her, but these got shoved in a drawer. The Trust HQ secretarial staff were not to be trusted, nearly every new PA leaves within 6 months or goes on long term stress leave. Such a shame that the culture is from the top down, as there are some great and professional people working here, just let down from the top. The board are aware, but do nothing.

Pros

Some nice people

Cons

Bullying from Trust HQ

productive and a fun working environment

lots of team work, productive collaborations, meeting new people /new social interactions, talking to people, improvements in communications skills and written communication.

Not the worst place to work

Not the worst place to work compared to some. Staff are generally friendly. Strong Trade Union representation. Under representation of BAME staff in senior roles.

good work place

i can work every fast as i work as a cleaner for 13 years i would to work because i want place to be clean for others i will not let the NHS down what every happen.

Underpaid and stressful

Worked for a year as bank. Once got diagnosis of cancer was kicked out as was unable to pick up shifts for longer period. Informed TNR but unfortunately was advised to apply again if I get better.

Pros

Being part of NHS

Cons

Unapprochable

fun and relaxed

great place to work. really laid back and relaxed. i generate reports and analyse data to get my results. i also collate stats on a spreadsheet. i have also created my very own electronic filing system which i am very proud of

Great place to work ,hardest part was moving oven on wheels from kitchen to the ward .nurses were great and friendly .too many agency staff ,every one helped

Brilliant

Had a great 6 month contract here. The management and staff were warm and welcome. The role was very interesting and I learnt a lot. If you get a chance to work for BDCT then jump at it

People are friendly and staff are working as a team work too.

I received a lot of positive feedbacks from patients and their families too in these agency companies when I worked as an ICU nurse and health care assistant tooand this time once this agency can help me to update my expired NMC pin registration,credit to this agency I will join this agency company and I can work with 4 specialties (ICU,A/E,Recovery Room,Triage) and all wards except children's ward,and I know how to insert an NGT,urinary catheter,IV access as a phlebotomist and can Intubate patient too,the only thing that I can't do is to prescribe medicines and insert CVP lines as obviously that's the responsibility of the doctors .I am a moving and handling Key Trainer and also Mentoring Student and Newly Qualified staff.I passed an NCLEX & IELTS exam and was offered to work in USA and in Australia but my family prefers to stay here in UK. I hope this agency can offer me to have a mandatory training/Revalidation to update my lapsed(expired)NMC pin registration.

Customer based career

Work starts by changing the water jugs of the patients, taking away and cleaning any cups and plates on their table and cleaning the kitchen (i.e. cupboards, fridge, ice machine, etc.). Hot beverages are served before any meal. Hot meals are probed to ensure thorough doneness to prevent food poisoning; hot drinks are served after. I've learnt the true value of customer care during my time working as a ward hostess. To provide comfort and smile to those that are unfortunate and sick. The management was excellent and the workplace was very professional. The hardest part of the job would probably be discovering the death of a patient. The most enjoyable part would be building a rapport with both colleagues and service users and knowing that you made them smile with your service.

Very good

Excellent service, very good all round,easy to use, accessable. Easy cv set up, transferable skill boxes. Without the nhs we would not have access to the healthcare we are so used to recieving.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement