NHS

Brighton20 reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,833 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Recommended.

All depends on what manager you have, some are fantastic, some not so but great company ethos either way.Supportive company, lots of perks and little discounts.They try to look after their staff.

Pros

Helpful people.

Cons

If you don't take too many hours, none

Very stressful at the moment

There are many opportunities to grow here and the experience that you will gain will be very desirable. The days are very stressful and I do not feel we are paid for how much we work. Especially during the pandemic we have had very little support and funding to adjust to the increased workload.

Pros

Room to grow, excellent CV credentials

Cons

Stressful job and feeling undervalued

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Bad experience

Honestly at the beginning I was really Feeling it, but then I realised that the Management was not interested in me but the hours I was able to provide. At the beginning, the staff was okay then turned to be fake. False contract offer, just wanted to get the best of me. They were making special treatment for some of the staff. No proper training, you have to call for help, at the end of the day you feel exhausted. They are asking to do many things at the same time, call it multitasks but the wages are so low. I wanted just to help the NHS but sorry Iam not willing anymore.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, low salary

Do not follow own processes

Advancement is very hit and miss; not all opportunities are open to all and in a lot of cases, its whether your face fits or you get on with the right people. Such a shame.

Pros

Job security; redundancy is rare

Cons

Internal politics and unfair practices

Difficult but rewarding

Two years spent as a junior doctor in the NHS. The pay for the first 2/3 years really isn't great, but the trajectory for earning is very good, with consultants/GP's making over 90K. However, if you want a decent work-life balance, a feeling of being appropriately financially rewarded for your performance, and perks/bonuses, the NHS is not for you.

I love the NHS, but i dont like it.

I love the NHS, i love what it stands for. But my goodness is it difficult, it will never be the most glamorous place to work but it can be some of the most rewarding work. I have learned many valuable skills from working for the NHS that have helped to shape me into the person i am today, i have also learnt how hard the NHS has it and how it has a target painted on its back from politicians seeing pound signs. Management is absolutely dismal, at least in the areas i worked in, there are always some gems who truly care, but it is becoming harder to fin them. The hardest part of the job is the workload, and not having the resources to deal with it.

Feel-good job!

I have always enjoyed working for the NHS, even in administration as you are assisting and helping patients in times of need. A great work culture, fantastic colleagues and everyone focuses on the patients.

great place to gain experience

One of the main reasons for working in the NHS is the sense of satisfaction workers feel knowing they are caring for people. Contributing to the health and wellbeing of thousands of people every day is why many choose to work for the NHS, instead of opting for a typical office job

Pros

great pay

Cons

no meal on duty

Busy environment

Well organised team, very busy environment,long shifts, and non stop patient turn over. Within this environment you will learn a vast amount of different skills like venepuncture,cannulation,blood pressure reading,plaster casts,and assisting consultants with everyday care.

Fun Place to learn

I learn't my trade here and enjoyed every moment of my trainig I was working with a great team who supported me day to day I met some really professional Team Leaders and through them we managed to resolve any maintenance issues.

Pros

met a lot of kind people

Cons

pay at the time was poor

Fun workplace

Currently i’m working on level 9a BSUH and i’m really enjoing it. We are a good team and that is the most important thing. Also 9a’sisters are very nice and they always support all the members of the staff.

Pros

More time’s break

Cons

Long Hours

Tiring place with some awful staff!

I worked here for an apprenticeship, my manager was lovely and would do whatever he could to help! sadly I cannot say that about a lot of staff here. I was glad to leave as I felt some staff were very rude to patients and workers and acted like the didn't have the time of day for some patients. Usually understaffed. 2 man jobs I had to do alone as often people were busy or didn't want to help. You can easily climb which is good and the NHS discount card is useful. 12 hour shifts were the norm and it felt like some people didn't pull their weight which made a shift drag!

Pros

discount crad

Cons

long hours with rude staff

Positive team experience

Great work environment - relaxed but focused. Cameraderie and team working a real bonus. Work was interesting and varied, although pay is limited (public sector....).

Pros

Great team ethic

Cons

Poor pay and conditions

Productive and fun workplace

Dispensary duties Medicines management Answering the phone Outpatient dispensing. NVQ assessor. i enjoyed my time here and am currently looking for a new challenge

Large & Expanding NHS Trust

I work with children complex health needs nurse lead service enjoyable & fun nursing job. Take childrens out as part local community. I have gain nursing & clinical skills within this role that can be transferable to any other role within nursing care.

Pros

Some Bank Hols off & closed Christmas & New Year

Cons

Lack of Band 6 roles for RNLDS

Fun place to work

I enjoyed working for the NHS as everyday was different. It was a great challange, and I liked the fact that I was helping provide a great service within the hospital. I worked in a strong team & was an active team member. I got great job satisfaction.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

not enough hours in the day....

Hard Worker

I have to work very very hard, I learn new things every day. I have a fantastic team. The hardest part of my job is having to drive from home to home as well as work in their homes. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that we care for people & give them the best care possible.

Pros

Being free to do your job.

Cons

Get a break some times.

Challenging & Educational

Working for the NHS is very challenging at times, and in the short period I have been there I have learnt how to work well under pressure, and I have developed strong administration and communication skills.

Pros

Opportunities

Cons

No contract & low pay

the place is enjoyable and fun

to be able to work and accommodate other co-workers i worked with, the workers were friendly,i enjoyed the job because i learned so much from it. the hardest part was when i had to resume at 6am i had to wake very early and walk down the station for about 30 minutes because there will be bus as at that time

great opportunity for development

working here is challenging but also rewarding The key is to maintain a good team work and high level of care and support for patients The most rewarding part is to see patients recover or adjust to their conditions and be able to lead a good quality of life.As most of our patients are chronic we get to know them over the years and develop closer relationships. Hardest part of this job is to support patients who dont want to be supported and have given up.

Pros

opportunity for education

Cons

no free parking for staff

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Brighton
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?