NHS

NHS Reviews in Chelmsford

Chelmsford14 reviews

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,930 reviews

Caring organisation

Despite negative news on NHS regularly, working with this organisation put me in contact with a lot of people who really care about those who require care . The staffing levels and workload is an issue but I had access to training and improvement of my skills

It's very stressful at work

We at the nh s are very stressful at work we never get appreciate for the work we do and the pay is ok buy it should be more as the price of good has gone up and our wages seems to go up with one percent which is not good we get no free meals

Pros

Only good pension

Cons

No free meals

Insights into NHS

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Avoid. Bullying is rife

Bullying by senior staff is rife. The helpline is now managed externally which may help with reporting of incidents and issues but until good managers who do not micromanage, intimidate staff and withhold training are in place, there will not be an inclusive and nurturing environment.Pay is good and there are plenty of NHS discounts from many companies available on production of your work ID.

Not fun to work

The job I do is hard work but we never get any support from mangers especially when we are busy we work hard and the money is not as good for it they is no job promotion at the nhs so we all stuck in the job

Learning experience

I really enjoyed working within the NHS but my only problem was my salary. Coupled with the charges for parking and no clear route for progression out of the role, I decided to leave.

I did enjoy my work at CAMHS

Rather hectic. I learned about the computing system. Difficult to speak about management. Enjoyed the time spent with my work colleagues. The hardest part of my job was added the clients to list that they were already on. Speaking to young people

Nhs

Still working there a nice mix of people to work with.job ok and clean wards.and work on depression and anxiety ward.would recommend been there 7years.

good workplace

It is a perfect job for people who like to do same things every day. it is a really easy job and working time is reasonable. You can make friends for life

Pros

Nhs discount

Cons

reasonable hours

Employer Summary

A typical day at work would be processing application for continuing healthcare funding. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing targets and deadlines. The hardest part was talking to patients and relatives who were dissatisfied about the quality of the service the NHS was offering them. However this was a challenge I enjoyed and succeeded at.

My career in nursing

Working in the NHS for 34 years was a dedicated career move. I was responsible for staff, patient care and upholding policies and procedures. I was also responsible for budgets involving patient care and liasing with senior staff to implement and improve the pathway of care for patients.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Shortage of staff

good workplace

While working here, I learnt skills in a high pace environment, and being able to work behind the scenes in the kitchen. The Team within the NHS is good and strong.

Slightly soul destroying

Working in the NHS is undesirable. Long shifts combined with hard work, no gratitude, poor salary and poor management takes it's toll.

Cons

Long hours. Poor management. Poor salary.

a challenging environment

I have been working for the NHS for the last six months and have learnt a whole new way of working, which I have throughly enjoyed. The days here are very different, clients come in as and when and have to be dealt with in a professional manner. My co-workers have been very supportive and informative. I have also learned that you should never judge a book by its cover as we all have problems and the clients that I have dealt with have had a varied life. I cannot think of any negatives regarding my present position and will be sad when this comes to an end as it was only a six month contract.

Pros

I work part time

Cons

cannot think of any.

Great Experience

Although I was not going to be there for long, everyone there made me feel like one of the team on the day of my arrival and worked really hard to make sure I knew the ropes as quick as I could. I learned a whole lot from that job and I am glad of the opportunity they gave me.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Always sat down

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement