NHS

NHS Reviews in Crawley

Crawley5 reviews

3.5Job security & advancement

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,836 reviews

flexible working and relaxed atmosphere

relaxed easy to get to and flexible working limited career progression subsidised canteen opportunities to learn commissioning and how primary care services are bought for the public liaison with multiple stakeholders lots of opportunities to network good team spirit small enough office to build rapport

Pros

flexible hours, subsidised canteen, good team spirit

Cons

due location limited parking

Stressful, unappreciated, ignored

No training given that Is actually helpful towards the job it’s self. Manager ignores emails and request and general help. Your constantly had a go at by someone from a different department who could be actually spending there time helping instead of just insulting you. But even after that your never offered any help on how to correct your mistakes or times. You can’t care and take time to actually try and help someone as there is a time requirement for each caller and if you go over it you get in trouble for it!. Every move you make is monitored and you are penalised even when you do something right!

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and fun

The team I work with are very fun and supportive and no 2 days are the same. Although it can be stressful there is always someone you can turn to for help and assistance

Office politics

Very busy office, management left staff to 'get on with it' meaning strong personalities dominate, easy shifts for favourites. Where else can you have a staff number of 8 with two off sick and three on holiday at the same time.....NHS is sinking!

Pros

Difficult one to answer

Cons

To many to state

Hsdu technician

My typical day at work would be to help ensure the operating equipment for surgical procedures would be safe and up to standard and available for use. To prioritise my work load in accordance to the department procedures for urgent and non urgent sets. To assist theatre staff with complains regarding faulty equipment being processed for use, and follow up complains or concerns from theatre staff and talk with colleagues regarding these issues to ensure that they did not recur. To assist in the development of new staff through using my knowledge of sets and procedures. To complete all relevant paperwork.I learned many skills from working in the NHS my training was progressive and I learned how to become an Endoscopy Technician.My co-workers made the daily job easier because we would all work as a team and help each other as and when required. We would also share knowledge to help progress everyone's knowledge of instruments and equipment.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Crawley
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?