NHS

NHS Employee Reviews in Derby

Derby54 reviews

Found 54 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,949 reviews

Hard work long hours

I worked for 111 NHS for over 1 year and loved it. However the calls got more demanding and the hours was effecting me also, and it started to effect my mental health. I did 4 days on and had 4 days off. 8pm-7am. I was dismissed due to gross misconduct as it showed in my job, which shouldn’t of happened and instead maybe had some time off. I just wished the NHS actually supported me instead of just getting rid of me.

Fantastic place to work

Absolutely fab place to work. Senior Management in my area are fantastic and are very supportive. Everyone shares knowledge great place for learning.Very tentative, very senior management are also very supportive. Work-life balance is great and the work ethic and ethos is amazing. Very proud to work for this organisation to ensure patients get the best services possible.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

rubbish place

given a job which takes 30 mins and told to make it last 4 to 6 hours....... management are poor, your never listened to if u have a problem and half the time your underpaid and other staff look down on you because your a cleaner

Pros

nothing

Cons

nothing

Supportive and friendly staff. Excellent training. I worked with some very motivated people. You are encouraged to develop by the team. Opportunity to advance is always being offered. A great place to work.

Pros

Supportive staff, good pension scheme

Cons

Pay can be improved

Worthwhile

Working in Primary Care is challenging (particularly during the pandemic) but rewarding. Management supportive and encouraging. Enjoy my job very much.

Under valued

You are expected to work long hours, work through a pandemic and then when you refuse to have a vaccine you are told you have no job despite the fact if our patient refused a treatment we would accept that as we have autonomy

Flexible Healthcare Assistant

Good pay on the Bank, easy to book shifts, however it’s a long process from receiving the job offer to starting, even when they had all the documents from me I rang and they hadn’t been processed.

Pros

Good bank hourly rate

Cons

Not guaranteed work

Menial and depressing

This was one of my first jobs out of college and it left a sour taste in my mouth subsequently, I remember the environment being highly strung, depressing, and salary and progression being pitiful.

Pros

Indoors

Cons

Stressful, haughty management, zero progression, low pay

Good all round experience

A good employer all round but you have hard working disciplined and be able to communicate with patents never had any problems that could not be resolved whilst there

Pros

Good holidays and pension

Cons

Shift work

Worst trust I’ve ever worked for.

The title says it all really, horrible shift patterns, unable to have a life outside of work, not willing to change the shift patterns even though most the staff would like them to. Band 6 management absolutely awful, bullies who think they run the place. Very toxic place to work, older staff who think they know best unwilling to listen or even try the new ways of working. A lot of groupies. Overall, would not recommend to anyone.

Pros

Flexible with A/L

Cons

Long days, no work life balance, horrible shift pattern, toxic culture

Attention to detail and formal

Working in this environment requires patience, attention to detail and the requirement to work within rigid time restraints. There are opportunities for progression if you can find the time to develop.

Productive, always learning

Constant training, not enough time to recover during calls especially distressing ones, not enough colleagues to take calls during the night and days get more communication

Pros

Get to help people

Excellent

I'm so proud to work for the NHS, amazing team work, good pension, up to date training and always room to improve yourself, job satisfaction, if you join the flexible staffing you can work on different wards and learn new skills

Pros

Amazing

Nhs are wonderful

It was a job we do to a very high standard I got job satisfaction. Things were great there.the holiday entitlements were very good. They also had careers leave if you needed it.

Good

I feel very supported by our management team. Working conditions are good. I feel that staff are valued and listened to. The facilities provided are excellent. Staff are encouraged to undertake training.

Pros

Friendly. Forward thinking.

Cons

Car parking

terrible work environment

miserable environment rife with workplace bullying and aggressive colleagues the work itself is fairly enjoyable consisting mostly of administrative tasks

Has a great time.

Enjoyed working there staff were amazing. Very helpful there were always shifts Pay is weekly which is good The payroll team is also good Happy I did it

UHDB is an inclusive and fast paced patient focused workplace with constant pressures and challenges around delivery quality and timely patient care

My role involves as a PA involves proactively managing my Manager's commitments and time ensuring all travel arrangements are in order and they have all the necessary papers for meetings. My role also involves servicing a number of board level meetings and the production and submission of timely papers and reports alongside everyday tasks involving supporting the wider team and providing hospitality to visitors and meetings as required. This is a demanding and busy role with lots of interruptions and conflicting demands but allows me to work with inspirational Managers at the highest level and feel a valued member of the team with excellent support and training opportunities provided by the Trust.

Pros

Inclusive and supportive

Cons

Very busy traffic around the hospital sites

Good

Great place to work, worked there for many years. Developed my career and knowledge base there and now looking to forward my career. Would continue to work there on bank

Challenging and rewarding

The environment is challenging but very rewarding. Colleagues are generally supportive of one another and aim to deliver high standards of healthcare through administrative support to the medical staff.

Limits for personal advance

I mainly work nights - I enjoy the intimacy of patient support. The NHS supports excellent confidentuality and I ensure I keep these up to date. I have access to all departments and patient details which I take pride in keeping safe. I am rarely off sick and am happy to face any shift or challenges.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement