NHS

NHS Reviews in Gloucester

Gloucester16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,934 reviews

Fast paced, varied

Good team. Flexi working pattern within limit. Good benefits. Worked her for many years previously as Band 3 medical secretary and returned after 12-18 month break to a Band 2 audio typist/admin assist

Pros

good pension

Cons

not nice office environment - no natural light/fresh air, constant use of microwave and kettle by all dept. lone worker

Horrible

Horrible place to work, bullying culture. Lots of room for progression but jobs are given based on who you know not what you know. Staff are not appreciated at all, never praised when doing well but management are quick to point fingers when things not so good.

Pros

good annual leave after a few years. good pension

Cons

Overworked. Underpaid

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,461 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Very stressful, always staff shortage and no job appreciation at all.

-Very busy-The training is good.- Lack of team work-Very stressful, always staff shortage and no job appreciation at all. -Caring for the patients is what keeps you going.

Good

I enjoyed working at the Edward jenner court as it was a lot of computer based work and the atmosphere was calm and controlled. There was also a lot of work to do it servers to which is quite interesting

Pros

If you are a person who does not liek moving around alot then this job os the job for you.

Cons

It can be quite boring

Challenging workplace

The reason this was challenging is because we were working to deadlines and so much had to be done within the day. This helped me in my career as I learned how to work towards them and be organised. This job involved obtaining health files and making sure they went to the right pace on time and when they were returned they were also put in the right place. The challenging part of this was that the files going out and coming in had to be scanned individually and at times this was difficult to remember to do this, also the computer system was not always the easiest to understand. The enjoyable thing about this job was that you had structure and could set yourself goals in what you want to achieve.

Fun and interesting workplace with lots going on

A really lovely, fun and energetic place to work, with loads of exciting challenges around the corner alongside providing a great learning environment for human interaction.

Interesting Experience, Strict Work Conditions

A typical work day would consist of being around vulnerable and sometimes dangerous adults, I learned how to talk to and interact with people who are mentally challenged, the management are a small team who held very high standards and expectations from their employees, with co-workers you felt a family like vibe around them whilst either in the staff room on lunch breaks or working with them, the hardest aspect of the job was having to mentally deal with the feel to the place and having to adjust to working around the patients, the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that the people I serviced were better off with my work and that it actually impacted somebody else's life.

Pros

Vending Machine

Cons

Random Shift Pattern, Potential Danger or Harm Everyday

I was left to fend for myself

It was an odd place to work, at least it was in the department that wasn't a department that I found myself in. It all felt experimental and that, coupled with a lack of managerial-led parameters to give my role some structure, I was constantly left wondering if I was doing well or not. Very, very odd.

Pros

I got paid

Cons

I was largely ignored

hotel service assistant

I spend very good time work for NHS. sometimes was hard sometimes easy depend on shift and day. Most managers are very good people and understand others needs at work. People who work with me and other staff always helpful and polite.

Great committed staff poor management 'lions led by donkeys'

After 41.5 years service to be taught by some little boy how to run my department when he was no even trained in medicine became quite galling to say the least. Pounds before Patients

Pros

job satisfaction

Cons

job satisfaction

Interesting and sometimes challenging

I very much enjoyed working for the NHS. The team work ethic I responded to very well. I also thrived on using my own initiative, prioritising my work load and meeting deadlines. The hardest part of the job was also the most interesting when I had to attend serious case reviews after any serious incident e.g. suicide or physical attack on staff members or other patients. There was never a 'typical' day when working in mental health and I enjoyed that aspect of the job. The management were hardworking but always responsive to any need for guidance or advice.

Pros

Interesting, eventful, unpredictable

Poor

Staff are lovely which is a big plus. Management continuously pile the workload on to employees on lower Bands, no raise in Bands even if you are already doing the work of another colleague of which is a Band higher than yourself. Staff moral very low. They need to show the staff more respect & they would stay.

Very physical but sometimes rewarding

Everyday we are given a location in the hospital, whether it be a ward or an office area. Wards can be very heavy work depending on the department you are put on. I have learnt how to deal with different types of patients and how to be around them everyday. The management could do with some changes but try their best to please everyone which isn't the easiest when they have 300 plus employees. The hardest part of the job is the time limits you have to have certain areas clean by certain times, sometimes being on your own of with low staff. The most enjoyable part is being around the patients, they keep you going from day to day, the many different personalities and needs they have keep you smiling and give you the strength to be there and work as hard as you can to please them.

Pros

The patients ans staff

Cons

Lack of staff

Love MIdwifery

I work in a small team in Antenatal Clinic. We are all great friends I start work at 8.30 and work flat out until 5pm, We have a 30 min break. My job includes seeing pregnant women who have been referred into the clinic with problems. I see the women, assess them, and decide if they need to see a Doctor or if I can safely discharge them home again. Some days I work on my own doing the above and other days I am working as part of a team running a clinic. The hardest part of the job is getting overwhelmed with many women needing to be seen and simply only being able to see one person at a time. I love being able to relieve peoples fears and seeing them leave happier than they came into the assessment centre

Pros

Paid leave

Cons

I would like to do some less stressful part time work now I am 60

clinical care

busy, varied stressful at times, feeling of achievement. teamwork,

Pros

helping others

Cons

busy shifts

会社の全体の雰囲気。

努力すればするほど、評価してくれる会社でした。経歴が浅くても、若い人にチャンスを与えてくれ、さまざまなプロジェクトに参加させてもらえました。

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Gloucester
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?