NHS

London814 reviews

Found 814 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,850 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Nhs

Very fast paced place to work. Unsociable hours as part of contract as a midwife. Pay is not reflective of the amount of work that we do but there are plenty of opportunities for career progression if you take the chance.

Challenging workplace

Overall a challenging workplace and I did not enjoy working there management made matters worse and there was clear favouritism happening in front of us did not enjoy at all absolutely acceptable

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,235 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Depends who you work with

Working at the NHS can be fun and rewarding or stressful and unfulfilling, it all depends on how your team & manager operates. There can be lots of opportunities to progress but the closer you get to management levels the more bureaucracy.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Can be boring and bureaucratic

Great to work for the nhs

I love my NHS job at the moment. It’s the best job I’ve ever had, it’s interesting and I work with fantastic people. It’s just my job is not secure and there are some people who really probably shouldn’t be there are they’re not good leaders but they’ve managed to wait and climb their way into positions.

Pros

Interesting and rewarding career

Cons

Job is not guaranteed, it can be a little bit too much about who you know and sexist at the top.

a very stressful place to work

NHS is a place to work, your first week at work is very interesting because you have to interact with people from different background and culture, but apart from that, nothing good about working in NHS, full of bullying, discrimination, intimidation and stressfull.

Productive and rewarding with different challenges

I would highly recommend the NHS but if you want higher pay band apply outside the NHS otherwise the NHS provides a really good mix of people to work with, learn and integrate.

Pros

NHS discounts across the country and good pension

Cons

You need to keep a good health work balance yourself

Fast paced but comfortable as it was work from home job.

Job itself was fun and exciting but sometimes it was very hectic so if someone struggle with more customers then it is hard. Sometimes it used to be very relaxing as well.

Organised friendly

Able to feel valued as part of a collaborative team.Making calls and emailing GP letters.Informing patients about long waiting lists all the time is very frustrating.Some appointments are directly bookable online so when able to book appointments, satisfying when able to email an appointment to patients.

It was rewarding

I worked for NHS test and trace was the most ideal job. 4 days on 4 days off. Great work life balance. The team was great we all got a long. It's a shame it came to an end

Pros

Work life balance

Rewarding work

It’s nice knowing what I do is important in the diagnostic process. Patients appreciate that they are finally being seen face to face by healthcare professionals, after a long time during pandemic. I have had many emotional patients who have enjoyed their appointments with me.

Pros

Flexibility to work through my caseload of patients at my own pace, as long as everyone is seen by 5pm!

Cons

No training for progression coming from a non clinical physiology background.

Nice job with no stress

Nice job with no stress. Best place for work.Company care about the workplace and management care about the workers. Cannot ask more. A lot of benefit.

management very poor

poor management rude staff feeling uncomfortable and not appreciated for hard work out in felt uncomfortable and unappreciated for hard work done

Disorganised

Disorganised Induction process was very messy Nothing set up for my start date so could not start doing my job as a result Most staff seem disengaged with their work Demotivating culture

Family like environment

One of the best jobs ive ever had great family to work with , rewarding and challenging, supportive emergency environment which can be stressful but two days were never the same great team , great people , structured environment. 12 hour shifts mean more days off in the monthgenerous leave , opportunity for overtime

Good

Been here for many many years , 8 actually. The pay is not the best but can make it up if willing to work the extra shifts and weekends. Will never get used to the possibility of working Christmas day

It is a prolific and a good place to work. Staff relationships are very collaborative when trying to achieve their goals

CLCH is a great place to work with team members that are highly supportive and are willing to support patients in a safe, efficient and effective way

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

About 10hours job

Great people poor management

You'll make friends for life, with the people you work with. Don't expect managers to care about you unless you're in their clique though.Basic pay is poor but there are good overtime rates and bonuses for unsociable working

Challenging and fun workplace.

Working at St George hospital gives me a lot of experience. Exposing me to the different nature of job. It helps me to grow as an individual. Especially during covid at the first outbreak, I was deployed to a different ward to help out them. It was a rewarding moment, that extends your hand to someone who needs more care at a difficult time.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Long hours plus night

Bank staff zero hours

Can be interesting to work on the menial side of the NHS but is overall plagued by micro management and complicated organisation structure. Bank staff aren't regarded with too much respect within the overall work place.

Pros

Own hours, casual

Cons

No paid holidays

Overworked, under appreciated, bullying culture.

Long hours, new starter rota is tough - frequent changes to shift at last minute, bullying culture, new staff are an inconvenience to legacy crew. Don’t expect much support after initial training. The job definitely takes a toll on your personal life. CEO trying to change culture/attitude within the business - long way to go.

Bank catering assistant

I have a disability and found the interview process was really good and inclusive. I was so excited to get the job. But the post interview process was a nightmare. Lots of emails and far too many complicated forms to complete. Was hired in Sept and had to wait until Oct for all the forms to be processed. It's a bank role and they don't use a computerised system. It's all text messages. You get a shift on a 1st come basis. Sometimes, the text lacks info. When you ask for clarification, no one responds. You've list the shift. That being said, the management and staff were good to work with. Just wish their communication systems were better.

Pros

Discounted lunches

Cons

Hard to get regular shifts. Poor communication

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement