NHS

Norwich56 reviews

Found 56 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,934 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Consistent training, poor culture

The training is to a high standard, but continued support towards bank staff is non-existent. There is a negative attitude towards bank staff on some wards, resulting in these wards ultimately being short staffed. Unsafe moving and handling of patients, and insufficient daily care for patients, due to lack of staff.

Pros

12 hour shifts

Cons

Poor parking availability No management support for bank staff Very short staffed

Stressful but what do you expect?

Staff are underpaid, but the people you work with make it worth while. Every day is different which is refreshing. You have good and bad, but you get there anywhere you go.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Great employer

I enjoy working here and recommend it to others. As one of the largest Norfolk employers it has lots of opportunity to explore roles and also advancement.

Two faced and exhausting

Typical day is very stressful, always low on staff! I have not felt supported whilst at this hospital, I worry that if I bring my concerns to management they will turn on me. Healthcare assistants and nurses are lovely, management let the hospital down!!

Pros

Some nice co-workers

Cons

Management, lack of staff, bullying

Good people to work with, looked after, Good job security, opportunity to grow. Nice offices and facilities. Flexible with working arrangements. High work load but you are very well supported.

Pros

Team, environment

Cons

Work load

Fast paced and stressful but helpful colleagues

I work in A&E so most definitely it’s been a very busy and stressful year for all of us. The team is absolutely fabulous and very supportive and helps you out with work mostly, and specially with swapping shifts. But every one feels that they are paid much less than the amount of work they undertake. Management is slow to take notice of staff needs and making change is hard even though they are trying their best with several kinds of staff surveys. Overall no day is the same, you always have something to look forward to and the co-workers are truly amazing!

Pros

Helpful team

Cons

Less pay

It's ok

It's ok, it's a job. There are good days and bad days.Very busy, short staffed, get moved to other wards regularly despite being contracted to a specific ward.Pay could be much better, works out to be £9.20 an hour....

Pros

Only work 3 shifts a week, great team, good ward management

Cons

Get moved regularly, short staffed, lack of recognition, low pay (£9.20hr)

Nhs

NHS good team work and cooperative work people , positive working culture for extremely hard working people , all porters we’re continually busy all day delivering nhs supplies all nhs staff friendly and helpful everyone helping eaxh other

Pros

Excellent team work

Cons

Long hours busy

Stressful and unpleasant environment to work in.

Beware what you wish for; an unpleasant place to work. The quality of management varies considerably, too many poorly qualified and experienced staff in senior positions. Management should should look in the mirror before criticising others.

Pros

You get paid and patients are grateful for what you do for them.

Cons

Too many to list

Expect staff to take big responsibility with no thanks

Under paid over worked and unappreciated.my feelings are not alone. Staff moral low as management dont listen to the problems or fo anything about them.

Pros

Friendly company from team

Cons

20 min lunch break on 12 hour shifts

Awful

Bullying, favouritism, no fairness, would not recommend this to my worst enemy. Very clicky, pay grade a big issue to how other staff treat you. I expected a better class of people within the NHS.

Pros

Cons

Lots

Complete disappointment

Returned to nhs @nnuh following first lockdown, big mistake! Training was thorough just a shame you are expected to work below standard, lack of support , respect and CARE from management. Not the nhs I was trained by or loved to work for many years ago. Every trust is different and times are very different but no wonder there is huge staff shortages. I would not recommend this trust for anyone wanting to care, you simply won’t have the time!

Pros

Staff you work alongside will support.

Cons

Long shifts, lack of support, staff and standards.

Go elsewhere!

Has to be the worst run trust that I have ever worked for. Site management do not care about you as staff or the patients safety. Morale is low. There are some lovely colleagues, but majority of them are very cliquey, snipey and will stab you in the back at a moments notice! If you are a brown noser, wanted to be treated bad and agree with dangerous practice then you will fit in well.

Pros

pension isnt bad. Standard nhs.

Cons

Rude staff, bad practices, very uncaring, poor atttidue

Love my job & the staff I work with, simply cannot rate highly because of the pay, lack of parking for all new staff and lack of care for bank staff

I simply cannot give the hospital a good rating as a place to work, you want fast pased, different everyday and to work with some extremely generous, kind hearted people but to be disregarded as replaceable, forgotten about in the sense of appraisals and pay rises? then the hospital health care bank is for you! Not only are you expected to do 2 weeks unpaid for your training, you’re completely dispensable throughout the hospital, booked a shift on a ward you particularly like but they’re over staffed that day, then it’s a complete roulette as to where you end up and you have no choice in the matter or leg to stand on to refuse. for example back in March I was moved from a shift in an out patients department and told I must work on the COVID isolation ward and that I didn’t have a choice in the matter, concerns from staff at the time regarding PPE etc, vulnerable family members back home, were disregarded by most senior staff as ‘over the top’. Basically if you want to stay on the same awful salary for the rest of your life (bank staff aren’t given pay rises like contracted staff, just incase we didn’t already feel under-appreciated enough as it it), have to chase and sometimes wait weeks for shifts to be locked down and paid for, never want to be able to park at your work place - expected to catch a park and ride bus which not only adds a lot of time onto your working day, you are also expected to continue to use that same park and ride when the carpark has become a traveller site, which is particularly pleasant when you are finishing work at 8 o’clock at night and you have -

Pros

You’re working with people who do the job because they love it & care about people, you shouldn’t work there if you just want a decent wage at the end of the day.

Cons

Wage, lack of salray progression specifically for bank staff, no parking, unpaid training, having to chase shifts to get paid for them, cliquey atmosphere on a lot of wards, completely unappreciated and dispensable.

They really look after their own

I have enjoyed my experiences at NCHC - I was able to learn new skills and work autonomously to support all the generalist inpatient wards to improve their discharge processes and patient flow. They were supportive and encouraged staff to be able to express their concerns - they listened to staff and made appropriate changes to improve patient experience and staff satisfaction.

Pros

A grow your own culture

Cons

Travelling across a large county

Apply elsewhere

Bank/temp office staff are frowned upon by secretaries and some managers as they don’t appreciate anything you do for them. Secretaries spend too much time moaning and gossiping instead of working. No matter how hard you work, extra hours, and making the effort to help others don’t expect a thank you. Some staff don’t want your help at all as they are protective of their work. Location awkward to get to if you don’t drive and rely on buses Lack of office/desk space.

Friendly environment

I was here on a short term volunteer/work experience placement, unpaid. I worked as a Stock room assistant, small team of two and a manager. Nice place to work and easy going.

Average

It is a very big place and thousands of employees. Wage is average depending on length of service. Generous holiday allowance. Management not particularly supportive at tough times...

Extremley busy

Very hard work on a busy rehabilitation ward, where you are constantly on your feet and rushed due to the high demands that are set upon you due to the expectations of the management. Not all staff work together.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, with no rest

Healthcare assistant

Felt very supported. Can progress with training. The NHS trust makes sure that all training is up to date. You get good holidays. It is a very good pension.

Secure job if willing to work hard

Busy, variable, frustrating at times. There are many departments within the Hospital therefore opportunities to gain experience are plentiful, likewise to move up for those with ambition. There are many opportunities for clinical staff as well as those with a practical hands on approach and Administrative jobs

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement