NHS

NHS Employee Reviews in Nottingham

Nottingham103 reviews

Found 103 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,850 reviews

great for interpreters

I love my job as an interpreter there as it's flexible and I get to meet loads of people and learn about different things.

Stressful but rewarding

Stressful at times but can be rewarding. Change can be slow and sometimes don’t utilise people’s skills in the best way. Demand outstrips capacity which is hard to manage.

Benefits

Cons

Low morale

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,235 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Not the best working experience

Lack of support when starting, slow to gain access to anything so couldn’t complete majority of duties for over a month. Managers not present on-site due to WFH but lower bands (aka my role) left unsupervised and dealing with queries outside our band. High turnover meaning no cohesive team structure- basically no one knows what they are doing!

Not the best place to work

The pay does not compliment the work. Too much responsibility and critical aspect of the job is tedious. Management not helpful at all. Work life balance is off the window.

Pros

Job guarantees.

Cons

Unsocial and unrealistic hours of work.

great place

Yes the health service is under pressure, that's why we sit waiting with an emergency for 4 hours. But the utter uselessness of a so called professional in the ambulatory department, who told my family member after 4 hours they wouldn't even look at her emergency astounded me.This car crash of an emergency department needs gutting, completely unprofessional, and looking at other reviews I'm not alone in this opinion.

Pros

everything

Stressful

was in domestic cleaning and offices. the jobs is enjoyable and and we need good attention for the details. The houses and offices has to be very clean and tidy. I really enjoy when finish my jobs the transformation it's clear.

Interesting to work

Over all good experience.sometines hectic sometimes easy. Long interview process. Sometimes take month. Management is not so responding. No free parking for staffs

I enjoyed my stay

I absolutely learned a lot from my mentors and colleagues. I was initially deployed in Medical Ward which is a bit heavy but manageable as I got the support that I need from my colleagues, Nursw in charge and Manager. After a year I transferred to Endoscopy Department.

Pros

Free bus link. 37.5 working hours a week almost 7 weeks of Annual Leave

Stressful non rewarding

Higher management always changing rules not enough encouragement and recognition of hard work higher people such as matrons always critiquing and not thanking

Pros

Occupational health

Cons

Paying for car parking

lazy and full of bullies

Its a company full of bully’s , stressful working hours and rota all over the place not much support or training. Your replaceable at that job just another number.. most the staff are lazy

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Rotas all over the place didn’t hours… extremely stressful

Loved the cleaning aspect but due to mental health I didn’t like lone working

The cleaning crew were great to start with but if I had any problems they didn’t seem to handle it at all!Didn’t want to leave the job but I felt I had no option due to pressure of lone working for too much for me.The cleaning and touchpoint cleaning was easy and enjoyable just wish I had more support

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Extremely large place

If this is the red flag you’re looking for, take it! *does not apply for all departments, some are incredible*

I gave this place every chance to be fair, supportive, and allow work-life balance but it failed on all accounts. Managers will not give you the time of day, and will supply shifts that are almost impossible to do such as 6 early shifts with singular days off and then expect you to do 5 nights. If you have kids or specific needs, you will most likely have those used against you for worse shifts so don’t try to ask for different shifts as it will be countered or ignored. Managers can be heard shouting and arguing, and I was specifically targeted by one for a small error which also resulted in berating comments about my character, and resulted in a huge panic attack. Coordinators are (mostly, bar a couple) on a power trip and will try to control your exact movements and can start to get aggressive with how they argue when you were simply trying to help another colleague with a task. If you have any form of disability or need adjustments, please don’t work here as they will not accommodate you. This does not just go for me, almost the entire department feels the same and the turnover rate is horrific. The colleagues are the best part, they really are lovely and try their best with an uncooperative management team. The technicians truly need more appreciation for what they do! Other departments in the hospital are absolutely wonderful, but please do avoid this one.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Management, hours, no work-life balance

Fab job

Job great if you’re cut out for it but management were some of worst I ever worked with, very out of touch with “shop floor” & dont care when issues highlighted. As usual, some senior staff couldnt be more supportive, others were too involved with own importance & job title to care about the minions.

Pros

Good pay if you negotiate at interview

Cons

Bad management

Its a good place to work

Over the past twenty years it has given me a very secure job role within the NHS good rates of pay enhancements for weekends unsociable hours pay great pension and reduced travel to work scheme .

Pros

10 %off hotfood

Cons

Cant really progress within your job role

Relaxed atmosphere but some bad management skills

Lovely job, and some lovely staff members, we were agency so we wernt the original NHS workers ,some of the NHS staff made us feel very comfortable and always helpful, others tend to be if your face fits kind of attitude.Despite all this I enjoyed working here, shame the team leader(the ale drinker) let me go 2 days before Christmas because I stood my ground and wouldn’t let him bully me! Maybe he was drunk who knows?!

Pros

Relaxed no pressure

Avoid , Avoid, Avoid

In my experience mangament is weak and many are incompetent.Questioning and challenging are not encouraged. If staff have done they have been bulliedClinical specialists are not valued .A typical day requires staff to see as many clients as possible regardless of clinical outcomes.

Pros

Near home so not much commuting

Cons

weak managers

Cultural competence

Nottinghamshire healthcare NHS foundation trust are not culturally competent. There is no career progression for BAME groups. There is no consistency in patient care The management do not care about their staff’s wellbeing

A home from Home

This place has a variety of work and plenty of opportunities. The hospital will give your experience that you wouldn't imagine anywhere else Training is available and much more readily accessible for most staff

Pros

team work

Cons

management difficult

Good in ways

Was great working on agency but then got messed around with higher Management. The ward manager could not do enough to try and help you in anyway she could. The staff are friendly and supportive when b needed assistance.

Pros

Work Iife

Cons

Don't finish contacts out

Productive and collaborative workplace

Really enjoying my time with SCCL. This is a fantastic place to work with colleagues who have a real passion to improve procurement and supply outcomes for the NHS.

Working at SCCL

NHS Supply Chain manages the sourcing, delivery and supply of healthcare products, services and food for NHS trusts and healthcare organisations across England and Wales. Managing more than 4.5 million orders per year, across 94,000 order points and 15,000 locations, NHS Supply Chain systems consolidate orders from over 800 suppliers, saving trusts time and money and removing duplication of overlapping contracts.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Nottingham
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?