NHS

NHS Employee Reviews in Oxford

Oxford72 reviews

Found 72 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,925 reviews

Busy and dynamic work

Worked in an outpatient clinic at the Churchill Hospital in Oxford. It was varied, interesting and busy work, lots of interaction with patients and staff. My manager was brilliant but upper management could've been better. Taking time off when my mum passed away was a nightmare and support was minimal. At the end of the day the NHS is still a business and it will treat its employees as expendables

Pros

Busy interesting work feeling like you're making a difference

Cons

Upper management don't care, you're just a number to them

Important well paid work

More data checking that input, very good location, long hours and driving over two hours each way but very grateful for the experience. I learned a lot about the system, today I am more the GP surgery side of SystmOne but found this job invaluable. Okay

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Great culture.

Great place to work. Plenty of jobs to move into. The major downside is the pay, but the perks are fantastic. Excellent maternity leave, brilliant pension.

flexible, little career progression

A typical day at work was spent extracting data from numerous scientific papers. I learnt to conduct systematic reviews and network meta-analyses to high Cochrane Standards. I attained these standards through guidance of a very experienced systematic reviewer and through numerous training sessions provided by Cochrane and other universities (mostly in my own time). The hardest part of the job was moving the project forward through Covid-redeployments, maternity leave, IT glitches with a particular program. The most enjoyable part of the job was its flexibility with completing work online through a shared workspace.

Pros

flexible

Cons

not clear how to progress career, and little attention paid to the latter

Good organisation to work for

Excellent organisation, training and development opportunities are supported. There are interesting initiatives to support professional development. The trust offers good incentives to new staff but not to retain existing staff.

Poor management nad frozen enviroment

The OUH Trust could be a nice place to work. Unfortunately, the division board has a number of managers who have no idea about the work of their subordinates. Badly managing the flow of information. Worst of all, they are unable to introduce new employees to the responsibilities of their new job. They are practically not suitable for the positions they will occupy.

Pros

cheap meals.

Cons

bad relationship with line managers.

Bad experience working for Oxford University Hospital NHS Trust

Having worked within the NHS for 24 years with two other Trusts My ratings of the questions asked explains it all. After this experience I have now left the NHS.

Lovely company to work for.

Long hours but great donors to work with. Team work . Travel to different locations . Early starts / late finishes. Good holiday allowance. Always something new to learn and see.

The NHS is a very good place to work due to the commitment and culture created by the employees and the majority of managers.

A demanding role and it can be stressful but it is rewarding too there are opportunities for advancement but it can be a competitive environment to work in sometimes.

Pros

The people that work there.

Cons

Lack of resources and occasionally lack of support from management.

Cooperative environment

Spotless, professional, reliable. Cooperative environment among clinicians and all the staff. Good atmosphere for the patients and families. Great board of British and European professionals. Nothing to do with other worse Trusts in London.

Poor management and limited career progression

I worked in the trust for 2 years and would work additional hours often covering weekend shifts at short notice with no recognition or thanks from management. Bullying culture with limited supervision, opportunities for appraisal and felt undervalued. On my last day didn’t receive any recognition or thanks for my work and glad that I have now left.often going the extra mile. Glad I have left.

Good development opportunity

Good development opportunity and enjoyed the experience. The Chairperson at the time was firmly committed to making changes to improve employee engagement which correlated to patient outcomes.

Very good

Friendly and helpful. Nice people to work with. Understood that my job was very part time however gave me lots of understanding in illustrating. Good experience

Great place and good helpful people to work with.

Great line management support. Good corporate culture and passion for patients' positive outcome. Room for innovation and flexibility in reproach to solving analytical problems.

It is very nice place to work only Oxford is a expensive city to live.

I had a wonderful to work within the Trust. I felt valued and respected with your contribution. They provide great opportunity for staff to improve themselves.

Fun and exciting work environment

I wish I never left. Great learning and progressive routes. The pay was great, the staff were amazing, especially those who went above and beyond for you to ensure you were ensuring the role and never stressed to the extreme.

Pros

Cons

N/a

Workplace

One ideal workplace is a company where we feel motivated since staring to reach the goals, to work as a team, to develop our skills and to carry on growing up to expand the business, I learn as team member in my work place all together is easier to reach the aims, and cooperate when another colleague needs our support will help him but also all the team on the end of the day.

Successful Temporary Assignment

Supportive management interesting work.Nice rest rooms.Good transport links.Nice Offices.Very busy place.Pleasant working conditions.Wouls like to go back.

Fast paced

Lots of training needed for access to NHS systems, it’s a very much learn on the job roles as training given doesn’t match up to what you need. Some departments are slow to move forward.

Great place to work. I did only work here briefly but it was a great experience and I would recommend this employer and business in general. Thank you.

Busy Workplace

Oxford University Hospital is based in Oxford and usually take Park and Ride to get to Hospital. Not much parking available on site unless you get there really early.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement