NHS

Peterborough30 reviews

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,949 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Excellent colleagues

I enjoyed going to work very much in spite of long hours, mainly due to my colleagues and a manager who listened. There were opportunities for overtime and some flexibility with shifts; as a job one felt that one was making a contribution during the pandemic .

Don't work here unless you're desperate

Bullying management. High expectations, low real genuine care for employees. No wonder the NHS is such a mess, too many managers creating work for no good reason.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Very hard busy job

Some the staff are nice but some of them are not nice to work with no friendly rude not polite and very busy hard work not good for friendship and help patients a lots because you haven’t go time .

Pros

Not nice place to work

Cons

Very long hours and very busy place to work to

Mentally draining job, lack of support and training non existent

Awful organisation ever can't think of a single positive thing, I was treated like a child, lack of training and support and was left alone to figure things out, staff argued over when they would go for lunch, a lot of unprofessional from the manager wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work there.

Pros

local

Cons

everything can't think of a positive thing

Supportive and professional culture

24 years on, they are doing something that works for me. Amazing colleagues, understanding managers. Everyone working towards the same goal. Plenty of opportunity to gain new experiences and create the career path that is right for you.

Pros

12 hour shifts so good work life balance

Avoid !

High staff turn over. First day I started, other staff warned me not to work here. Not many people complete the training and start work here, they leave when they see what a mess it is. Avoid !

Pros

Some nice people, different shifts.

Cons

Stressful, unorganised, unfriendly managers. Pressure to work longer than your shift. People leave quickly.

Best place I’ve ever worked!

I am lucky enough to work in an excellent team who are really supportive and have a fun atmosphere! The work we do is serious but it’s nice to have some humour in the office to offset the negatives dealing with patients who are seriously ill. Great pay, holiday and colleagues! What more could you want?

Awful place to work

Work for nhs 111 Peterborough, management are awful and only care about themselves. Money is ok and pension is good other than that rubbish and wouldn’t bother.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

Everything else

Would be good if they pay more

It can be very stressful, fast pastes. Pay is not good especially with the hours you work, the way you are treated by patients can be shocking. You work hard all the time

wouldn’t recommend

Good for work experience wouldn’t recommend as a full time job though salary isn’t satisfactory staff is friendly managers are okayish good for a cv for medical school

Microbiology

It's stressful but worth it at the same time to help people Work as a team as advantages and disvantages but in the end of the day the important is help the patients

Excellent employer

Fast paced interesting and varied work.The task is to accept emergency ambulances in to a depot and prepare them for operational Deployment.This can be pressurised due to operational need and quick turn rounds may be required.Accuracy in the replenishment of medical equipment is paramount as is the road worthiness and readiness of an ambulance itself.All assistance is given tocrews as necessary

Great Place to work

Working here was so rewarding as I got to help some very vulnerable people. Also there are amazing opportunities to move around and advance where desired.

Children

Unfortunately run by narrow minded people who probably have no idea of the day to day concerns of the children and their family's Total disregard for staff, the harder you work to try and make a difference the more is added and less is available to the children.

Pros

Pay for your parking, if you can find a space

Lovely people to work there,

You get to know a lot of new people, and make a lot of brilliant friends, you also have a good experience and feel good about looking after different types of people as well.

Pros

You get discount on different shops.

Cons

Don’t get paid enough.

enjoyable role

providing care, assessments and education to patients in their own homes. I have improved my communication skills. Teamwork is essential in community setting. I enjoy talking and giving care to the elderly, in some cases having a visit form a nurse is the highlight of their day, so I try and and make it worthwhile. I enjoy working in the community as it enables the housebound patients to receive high quality care in their own environment.. The hardest part of the job is when you find a patient poorly needing extra care, however it quite rewarding that you will be able to lease with other members of the MDT team for individualised care. The travelling times between patients gives me time to reflect which is a fundamental aspect in nursing.

Pros

giving personalised care in the comfort of a patients home

Cons

traffic can be a challenge during busy times.

Not great

Senior management mean well but their policies are not enforced in the actual workplace for many people. So many puerile leaving the service at all levels from band 2 administrators to consultants

very stressful pressured environment

Most enjoyable part of the job - patient care Hardest part of the job - lack of support from management Stressful pressured environment not well managed - lots of inefficiencies in the way we work

Pros

33 days holiday

Cons

sedentary

My typical day is always busy. I manage a group of about 20 people. I have learned in my job to be patient and polite. Always listen to people. I enjoy my job

Pros

Good pension

Cons

Not the best pay

productive

I learnt amazing things that i never thought i would now know. i always knew i wanted to be a nurse when i was younger and getting the opportunity to have work experience was amazing.

Manager was rude

The Manager was rude i did not enjoy working for them at all. The NHS as a whole is ok to work for , just the Manager i had i did not like she enjoyed putting people down.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement