NHS
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

NHS Reviews in Poole

Poole23 reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,934 reviews

Great place for career progression

I learned lots of new admin skills on free courses which were provided and encouraged. A warm and friendly workplace with approachable management in a relaxed but hard working environment.

Busy

Inumani i long days da 12 ore effettive mezz'ora di pausa pranzo e mezz'ora di pausa per la cena per un totale di 13 ore lì dentro viaggio escluso.. inutili i due giorni di riposo successivi..

Cons

Cibo alla mensa, ambiente lavorativo teso

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Fixed term

I covered maternity leave, brilliant experience of working for the NHS, only position I felt I was doing something worthwhile. Friendly and welcoming team.

Cons

If your face doesn't fit

They will find a way to take you out. I witnessed this happen around me.and low and behold the day came for me to be accused of something I hadn't done. They do this alot, it destroys peoples lives. They financially compensate with public money.

A good place to work

Most staff were friendly and welcoming, lots of different wards/ units to work on if you join the trust bank. Mental health inpatient setting. Staff facilities moderate to good.

Challenging national environment in NHS can overwhelm organisation

Poor workplace in main administrative building in spite of refurbishment. Work content and satisfaction can be variable depending on line manager and department you are working in. Still some evidence of 'old fashioned' task-focussed management amongst the more modern leaders.

very disappointing

perhaps in large contexts everything is handled in a big way, but in those of the suburbs or secondary, the management is very superficial, one goes for sympathy as a small thought of small villages

Great Trust to work with !!!

Really good trust to work with high standards of service, professional and focused on helping people always look for progress and improving service in my opinion.

Keep me employed but on a kid’s wage

I worked for Trust Temps, the admin temp bank. On the plus side they kept me pretty well employed but on the downside the pay scale for admin staff was really low. I worked in Sentinel House which was not the friendliest place. Bit of a strange culture and hard to think of any perks apart from free parking (which is a massive advantage, to be fair).

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Unfriendly environment, some of the work I was given was more suited to a school leaver needing a bit of experience.

Backwards culture, like being in the 70s

I had so much pride serving the people. but the staff where mostly bullies, and fed up with their jobs. the managers just take the credit for the hard work. under staffed, low moral, bad managers. The head chef was clueless.

Pros

Get to serve the public

Cons

managers

Supportive team

Managers are Stressed and some uncaring and do not support staff all they are concerned about are rating and looking good for the CQC and not patient staff caring Staff at ground level are caring hard working and very supportive of each other and are often under pressure to meet targets and deal with difficult clients and often go above and beyond often and getting no thanks for what they do

Pros

Colleges support pay pensions

Cons

Not feeling support or valued and will dismiss you at a drop of a hat

all new to me but was fun

Difficult with parking so I had to walk daily a lot. enjoyed observing MaxFax department, meeting new surgeons daily and learning new information. Recommend

Great opportunities

I have had many opportunties working with Dorset Healthcare which has increased my skills and knowledge. There are always chances to learn new skills.

How does management get dressed in the morning?

If you want a job where you don't have to care about your work and great job security (no progression) then apply. It drove me mad but I wanted more. But good luck with the interview, they were often only interviewing 2 people, no matter the amount of applications.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Everything else

Enjoyable

Enjoyable job, varied tasks are given to you. Marred by the disjointed management and stress placed upon the staff due to budget cuts etc. The staff themselves are supportive

very good dental care

very professional atmosphere and helpful staff - I could learn alot through friendly team members how to achieve the best approach in terms of giving dental treatments

A Trust going places.

A forward thinking organisation striving to change and take healthcare into a new place. Reasonably sound director team, but very lean. Very good staff engagement and communication. Some investment is needed in middle management.

Work

Very nice place to work friendly people great management would definitely recommend. Would love to work here again people been there years

Pros

Going to work

Cons

N/a

Currently uncertainty and low moral :(

You never know what the day will hold, how many admissions will need to come to the unit, what the condition the patients will be, those we think are going to be very sick can surprise us and vice versa. We have a great team and could not function without that collaborative effort where everyone has their own part to play. The hardest part other than the obvious, when a baby doesn't make it, is the feeling that we are not actually particularly valued which is not how I felt when I first went into nursing. The best bit is when a much wanted baby finally goes home to a loving family :)

Pros

supportive staff

Cons

low moral

secure place to work

The NHS is a friendly place to work. I really enjoy my job as i feel a sense of achievement at the end of every day, and it has helped me to take my logistic and purchasing career further Everyone i work with and deal with within the trust is very kind and helpful. There are a lot of training opportunities for training and progression withing the NHS and i have used that to my advantage. So far i have an NVQ in customer service and team leading, i am a manual handling trainer and i have been on various eu procurement courses. I have also been on interview and appraisal training courses.

Pros

secure

Cons

low pay

Worthwhile job satisfaction

I am a relief Community Clinic Administrator so I go where I am needed. It's been nice getting to know all the staff. Mainly I audio-type the Paediatrician's clinics, deal with incoming mail and communicate with the School Nurses. The hardest part of the job is discovering each clinic performs tasks slightly differently and I have to adapt to that. My colleagues are helpful and co-operative and I'm glad to take their advice. I had to learn a new system on the computer (system one), which I believe is used at most GP surgeries. I am sociable and approachable and enjoy working with others. The days I enjoy most are when I have done my best to get good results and finish knowing that I have achieved that.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Some clinics are quite a distance away

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement