NHS

Stockport21 reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,949 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Busy but the good kind

It’s not for the light hearted! But met some lovely people and rewarding job! Enjoyed it! Was very full on and all hands on deck. Understaffed at times, but the helping others is definitely worth it!

Pros

Lunch discount

Cons

Long days

Great bunch of co workers once they get to know you are a hard worker and earn there respect.

Good place to work, friendly managers who recognise good people, it's a shame that to advance here that the managers are excluded from recognising and having an input to the NHS office admid types that sit at a desk in london and have never done the job before,and for that, I would say that the managers you directly work for recognise your hard work but ultimately your future dependency lies with upper management that have no clue what a good worker is.The NHS is ran ultimately by people that have no clue who is a good loyal worker is!The managers you directly work for are excellent in my opinion.

Pros

Good friendly colleagues, Job satisfaction in helping people Flexible hours Do not take the job home with you

Cons

Very poor recognition from London based managers, box tickers.

Insights into NHS

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

fast paced environment

fast paced job. not enough hours to do what is expected of you. rate of pay is good staff are friendly as is the working environment. great benefits such as nhs pension ect. overtime is also available. always paid on time 27th of the month

Pros

free meals. nhs pension

Cons

not enough time to do the jobs expected

Poor place for work

Poor place for work. Way too much lazy people. Poor management. They don’t care about how the good stuff feels. Lack of confidence!!!One of the worst places I’ve ever worked.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Staff are undervalued

Relaxed atmosphere. Extremely busy environment with little appreciation from management of the hard work that goes on by the team. Often work over to get the job finished without financial recompense or acknowledgement. Senior managers are rigid and set in their ways. Archaic systems.

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

Unappreciated and unwilling to look at better and more productive ways of doing things

Wages are poor for the amount of work expected. Wages & Management need a complete overhaul

Busy days juggling several jobs at once. I've learnt new systems. Management have no idea what your job entails. There is a 'bullying' culture in the NHS & Staff are not involved in decisions involving changes to your job.The hardest part of the job is dealing with management & the lack of communication. The best part is the job, people you work with & the patients.

Pros

Work Colleagues

Cons

Management & poor pay

Truly Shocking environment to work in

If you are looking for long term employment, this is an opportunity that you should not take. The environment is not pleasant and the turnover of staff is the worst that I have ever seen.It is operated as a call centre although they will tell you at the interview that it is a Heldesk.You will not receive correct training and if you try to raise this, you are victimised.They will tell you that you are working for the NHS, however this is Property services who are a separate entity, the pension is not the same as the NHS.Please read all reviews on this company and also what the ombudsmen reports say about them, before you accept a position.Avoid

Pros

Cons

Low skill set in most of the senior management

POOR-Property Services-Stockport-Days

Bad Managers Management are bullies Management conduct Witch hunts Bad training and support No documented 1 to 1 Staff leaving all the time No Team Meetings Goal posts change all the time-but do not inform you until after changes Work rotas not legal changing with one to two days notice Bullied into working weekends-Management NEVER work weekends

Stressful

Busy environment, nice building but atmosphere is not great and managers have different styles which can be conflicting. No flexibilty regarding work times.

Job satisfaction

I've worked for the NHS for a long time, I've found that it is difficult to progress when on a low banding, don't always get nice colleagues as everyone is under so much pressure. Unfortunately there are too many suits making bad decisions, as with everything nowadays politics have taken over. Also after having a few health issues means your put on warnings and disciplinaries which contradicts the service. Staff are afraid to have time off during sickness, for fear of recriminations. Management do not recognise or commend hard working staff.

Pros

To a degree flexibility of hours can be available

Cons

Every job role is under enormous pressure

Not a place to work

Well this is the worst place i have worked in my entire life. The management is not helpful at all. The focus on actual work is less then unnecessary meetings etc. It would take ages to implement a really simple solution. Would never work there again.

Creating a strong workplace culturing . I enjoy working with patient at hospital.

I am going to apply for Health and assistant care.I was a nurse. I studied nursing in my country. I am very hard working and flexible.I I enjoy having a conversation with my patient.I respect all patients and my colleagues.

Pros

Near my house

Cons

Hard to gain volunteer work, but worth it

After attempting for a long time to gain some volunteer time at my local NHS hospital, I finally was able to get four weeks of experience, and they were entirely worth the work needed to gain them.

Working in NHS Trust

Very good training ground, will experience good relationship to Colleagues, will enhance skill and experience and great apportunities to develop good and well trained staff.

Career improvement

The role of a volunteer is great as a step in the right direction for career improvement. That said you have to take initiative as there are times when you need to fill your hours and look for things to do. This gives you plenty of time to engage with the patients and make a real difference to their stay in hospital.

Pros

Patients and communication skills

Cons

Proud to work for the NHS

Very busy and demanding environment Staff always willing to pull together to provide the best possible service for patients and their families. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients

Pros

Dealing with patients. Salary/pension

Cons

Budget restrictions - not enough staff

Nhs

Trabajo estaba bien con mucho apoyo y cursos. Cada día mi día en trabajo estaba bien con mucho trabajo pero tienes oportunidades hablar con sus jefe que te ayuda o tiene colegas para ayudar cunado tienes problemas.Tiempo para descansar y comer.

Pros

No Tengo

Cons

No tengo

Hard work

no support from senior staff, other staff nurses and support workers good to work with, learning new skills, working on a busy ward, with the ward being a fast pace ward, MAU, ( MEDICAL ADDMISSION UNIT ) you never got to know your patient, they would be addmitted to another ward with in a few hour.

Pros

good oppertunity for courses

Cons

no breaks !

NHS Stockport

There was no work life balance. Managers were not supportive at all. Not recommended at all. Horrible place to work

enjoyable

i enjoy my job i am respected by the clients i have a good understanding about mental health,i work well as part of a team or as a lone worker, the most enjoyable part of my role is when i have a challenge to carry out.

productive area and good staff

very busy and good support from managers .finding a computer to work from .Job statisfaction

Pros

good environment

Cons

no outcome of length of contract

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Stockport
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?