NHS

Stockton-on-Tees28 reviews

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,922 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Overall Summary

Although a secure job manning levels and pay is quite poor. The working environment is good but really fast paced. Most of the work is repetitive and not very satisfying. Staff are friendly and team members work well together.

Totally rewarding

The hardest job I’ve ever done emotionally but the reward of helping people in their darkest hour and working with great people is great and although some days can be long and stressful the good days outweigh the bad

Pros

Making a difference

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

high stress, low morale

Not a nice organisation to work for unless your face fits. Micro managed, blame culture, high stress low team morale. Little or no support from management.

Pros

staff on the ground very supportive, good teamwork

Cons

Management style

Feeling valued

Management lacking in some areas. Lots of working in silos and a number of people with their own agenda although there are good people there, just not in management

Pros

Canteen discounts

Cons

Long hours and regular restructuring

Fantasic place to work

I have worked here now as a domestic for almost 4 years. I can honestly say working here is brilliant I really do love my job. My supervisors have been very understanding when my son was poorly. I really would recommend anyone to work here its fab!

Quality Assistant

Worked as part of a data analysis team at North Tees General Hospital, surveying patients experiences and analysing information which was fed back to us Provided detailed reports back to each Hospital department on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis

Very rewarding workplace

When working within the NHS I understood how demanding it can be, even as a care assistant. Although it can be hard and sometimes repetitive it is a very rewarding job, making a difference to the patients just by having a conversation with a friendly face when they are on their own. All staff work extremely hard to see and help as many patients as they can while providing the best care for each one. I enjoyed having the opportunity at being a part of a large team of staff and helping with common duties household duties such as bed making, laundry and food rounds.

Productive workplace

I was here as a pharmacy student on a one day work placement. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and I gained a lot of knowledge about working as a a pharmacist in a clinical environment. I learned about key communication skills in talking to patients especially patients who may be confused. I also saw how the pharmacy runs and all the different roles that need to be filled. The hardest part of my day was a patient got very confused and started to get physically aggressive with the staff and needed to be sedated. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to patients and get to know more about them and their experiences as well as talk to the pharmacists and doctors and nurses.

Workplace

As all wards from hospital , my ward has it own routine. We have medication rounds, getting patients ready for day or for theatre(pre op care), administering of anitibiotics, changing of dressings, admitting and discharging patients. Throught the time since i have started working on my ward i have developed and improved my skills. Looking after patients with different health problems, looking after patients post op. The most enjoyable part of job is when i see my patients discharged well and healthy, sometimes i have met them walking on street and recognizing me.

Pros

Team Work

Cons

Short break

i enjoyed working here

I really enjoyed working here and for the orthopaedics department, all were very friendly and supportive. I got on well and didn't feel under pressure.

NHS great pension

Great place to work if you find the right department. Hardest part of the job is shift work which some people like, but I did not want to do nights any more.

Pros

Great pension

Cons

Night hsift

Fun and exciting workplace

I worked with the communications team to create a health and safety video. The team were all upbeat, open to ideas, and easy going. We bounced ideas off each other to try make the best video we could.

Pros

hands on experience

Nice environment to work in.

This role was very well supported and you completed packs before you left to you’re own work load. This allowed you to feel comfortable and supported.

Pros

Well supported.

Cons

Too many different start times and finish times.

Friendly and supportive environment

I have been supported well whilst working here. I enjoy working for the trus and they provide some good training opportunities. The hours are long and the shift work can be very difficult if you’re switching for days to nights all of the time.

Pros

3 day working week.

Cons

Mixed shifts

fun workplace

I have learned Endoscopy skills, and managerial skills leading the endoscopy procedure room, it is nice because you can do various jobs as admission, discharge, recovery, leading the procedure rooms, a good time flying job.

Good

Good but busy job. Supportive colleagues with good team spirit. Shift patterns could often lead to long hours of work. Great exposure to gain clinical experience.

I enjoyed my time working for the NHS

I worked for the NHS for 23 years, and had job security, I was able to undergo training to keep up to date regularly. I worked 3 night shifts per week by choice. The junior management were good, middle management were better, the senior management you very rarely saw.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Some shift patterns

Not a bad place to work

Would be a lot better place to work if it was managed better and the pay was better. I am a band 2 booking clerk, the same pay band as porters and some catering staff, it takes 7 years to get from the bottom of a band to the top which is an extremely long time, which means I am doing same job as my colleagues for less pay!

Organised workplace

Organised and professional trust that have provided me with valuable trading and experience, friendly staff. Care focuses on putting the patient first and providing them with the best possible experience.

Pros

Training

Cons

Car park facilities

working with blood

Labelling and sending samples to the correct labs and giving out results to doctors over the phone. Confidentially and eye to detail is needed. Friendly team.

Amazing place to work

North tees and hartlepool nhs trust is a great place to work for, they have flexi hours great for people with children who struggle with childcare. The staff are great and so friendly, the hours are perfect and allow you to still have a social life.

Pros

Free shuttle bus to and from work

Cons

Not much opportunity to progress.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement