NHS

Stoke-on-Trent31 reviews

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,930 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Health care

As a health care there are a lot of responsibilities to ensure the safety of your patients and staff. Follow the code of conduct. Hours vary depending on ward and management contracts. Most are 8 hrs shifts but some agreed on long days on agreement. Contracts are 24hr so nights, weekends, Bank Holidays are apart of the contract. It's hard work and busy and doesn't suit everyone.

Pros

Work family, shifts, every days different

Cons

Busy, shifts, every days different

Fantastic workplace!!

I commenced employment with MLCSU last year. It is an absolutly fantastic place to work! We are based in Fenton but working from home at the moment. Staff are so supportive, encouraging and the service is well led. Great opportunities to progress quickly. Wish I had found MLCSU years ago! It is a brilliant place to work, apply you wont regret it.

Pros

Supportive collegues Flexible Caring company

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,453 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

I am excited daily to work at the NHS Trust as I always get the opportunity to be better at my profession.It has a lot of experienced staff that is very friendly.

Fast paced, but supportive staff

Caring Drs and nurses to work with - it is fast paced with not enough time to get work done at this time, because of COVID-19 changes to processes, but there are friendly supportive staff to help with the stress.

Pros

Caring people

Cons

Fast paced and can be stressful

Caring and supportive of their staff from the top, to the bottom

I started working for Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit, on a fixed term contract covering 12 months maternity leave. Within 3 months of working for the organisation I knew I didn't want to leave, I worked hard, and was offered a permanent contract. The day to day is exciting, busy (but manageable - if it wasn't I know support would be right at hand) I've honestly never worked for an organisation that cares about its staff like MLCSU do, like really cares...Lots of organisations have a culture and values they rave about, but MLCSU mean what they say, and I feel like I matter. Flexible working, supportive management, lovely culture are just a few of the things that make my day to day, a pleasure.

Pros

Flexible working, genorous salary, great culture

Interesting placement

I did a weeks work experience here as a science student, friendly staff and very Engaging. The renal ward is a fantastic ward if anyone is after a good insight to NHS work

Productive when working as a team

Great as a job unfortunately department cuts are a thing and management aren't always great at supporting the efficiency, could be streamlined to be made effective

Stressed but happy workplace

Loved meeting the patients and enjoyed working with so many of the staff, who give everyone their best. Just wish the management was more accountable.

Nursing assistant role

The job sadly is very competitive as all roles there and the higher the staff are in terms of experience and role the more they look down on you and talk to you like your no body!! I was working in a job role of health care assistant/nursing assistant... there is definitely a culture of “ranking” and hierarchy at the NHS .. I felt like the new girl every single day and got treated like I was just a number and a general skivby... very disappointed.

Love my job

Love working at NSCHT. Yes it can be stressful and hardworking and things need to be done now but it’s the challenges that I love. Love everyone I work with, everyone is always helpful and there’s never a day we don’t laugh with each other. There has been a lot of changes recently but all great changes and the Trust is getting better and better each day

Fun work place

NHS is good to work for you learn plenty of skills and meet some amazing people. Sometimes it can be sad but most of the time it's a pleasure to care for these vulnerable people.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Part time hours

Long hours, don't get paid enough

There are no goals for you to achieve you just take constant calls. You can get some abuse from callers and you get paid minimum wage. Team leaders receive 24,000 and seem to not do lot.

Pros

Free tea and coffee

Cons

Long hours, really uncomfotable chairs

brilliant

Working for the nhs was extremely rewarding and I felt that the nhs was outstanding with staffing regulations and health care. The nhs s truely fantastic.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

domestic cleaner

I think working at the hospital is good you get to meet some nice people. but as a cleaner I think pay should be better for the the amount of work you do.

Pros

non

Analyst

doing regular reports monthly, weekly submissions attending meetings developing new reports creating complicated query Ad Hoc's and FOI's regular update on relevant work

Pros

great team

Cons

bad management

fast working

very busy in the NHS, you always try and do something new, always learning and progressing. Nurse bank is a great way to be flexible and learn as you can go onto different wards.

Ok but same thing daily

Was a good job just the same thing daily, nothing different or challenging. The team were great which helps the day go faster. Just looking at the same paperwork inputting same data each day got boring

Excellent development opportunity, advancing patient centred care

Forward thinking organisation, supportive of professional development. Leading the way with mental heAlth provision and development of place based care

Amazing place to work

Nothing better than helping others, there is a fun aspect about working on a ward you learn a bunch of things form others and you will meet very interesting individuals.

Motivated team work

A challenging environment and one which Provided a good team spirit. A great sense of achievement when tasks were fulfilled, high staff moral and job satisfaction

Pros

Pension links

Professional

My first time ever feeling like I feel really professional working in a place with the NHS and their employees. Everyone around you is really friendly and helps you when you are need it.

Pros

Friendly and Professional

Cons

Slightly Strict?

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

Learn about NHS in Stoke-on-Trent

• NHS
  • Stoke-on-Trent
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?